Epcot Guide to Drinking Around the World!

WDWFigment

Original Poster
Great post! We actually look forward to alot of the cocktails, we get during our annual food and wine trip every fall! (Lapu Lapu, frozen rum runners, Happy Lichee (China kiosk), Pina CoLava come to mind. Never have we gotten so inebriated that we kissed the concrete or anything, but it's a great time!!!! LOL This year, I intend to be daring, and try the margarita flight!! :sohappy:

Everyone I've talked to who has done the flights has had really good things to say (both about the taste, and the value--it's apparently pretty good). Good luck!

Bravo 229

Great post! I definitely agree with starting in Mexico, as I found out the hard way on my first attempt at drinking around the World. I usually don't stop for a beer in the American Adventure, though when its F&W time I make sure to grab a Cherry Wheat Ale and the Festival beer!

As a side note: was it in February when you encountered the person running into the light pole? That flight of Scotch sure can do a number on someone! :eek:

bgoebel

Thanks for the insightful post. We plan on printing it up so my husband can use it as a reference during our next trip! I'll be back at pofq with the three children but will enjoy a sangria at least during the day putting to epcot

WDWFigment

Original Poster
Great post! I definitely agree with starting in Mexico, as I found out the hard way on my first attempt at drinking around the World. I usually don't stop for a beer in the American Adventure, though when its F&W time I make sure to grab a Cherry Wheat Ale and the Festival beer!

As a side note: was it in February when you encountered the person running into the light pole? That flight of Scotch sure can do a number on someone! :eek:

HAHA! No, we never actually saw that happen (I've only seen a couple of really drunk people in the WS ever); I'm sure the lightpost had it comin'!

LilSuzy

Great blog with great tips for us first-timers! My husband and I are going during F&W Festival in October....as I was reading I thought about riding rides in between. Then I thought well no Mission Space for me then after drinks.....:ROFLOL: It would mess with my stomach too much, (sorry I'm a lightweight)

Communicore

Future World is technically a world so that should be a part of it - Heineken at Fountain View, shots of Beverly from Club Cool (yes people take shots of it) and a couple other places!

I still think the one that counts the most is drinking around the world during the food and wine festival.

righttrack

My best friend met us on our trip to WDW. We drank around the world and took pics at every stop, and they got funnier and funnier. Will put them in a collage and post sometime soon. Right now, just back from the world and tired.

CaptainShortty

Don't know if this was said yet (sorry if it has!) but when my friends and I did this for his 21st birthday we got the passports they sell in EPCOT and had them stamped in each country. You then go back and write in what drinks you had in each place. It makes for a fun and different souvenir and a memory of what is bound to be a GREAT afternoon. =)

I, not being 21 wound up being the "semi-sober sitter" at this event and can not wait to get back there to do it myself now that I'm 21. Still had a fantastic time. My advice, start early and take pictures!

WDWFigment

Original Poster
Don't know if this was said yet (sorry if it has!) but when my friends and I did this for his 21st birthday we got the passports they sell in EPCOT and had them stamped in each country. You then go back and write in what drinks you had in each place. It makes for a fun and different souvenir and a memory of what is bound to be a GREAT afternoon. =)

I, not being 21 wound up being the "semi-sober sitter" at this event and can not wait to get back there to do it myself now that I'm 21. Still had a fantastic time. My advice, start early and take pictures!

The Passports idea is brilliant. I made a pirate map (why pirates? because they're awesome!) of the drink stops for Sarah's 21st birthday. I'll have to see if I still have it on a hard drive.

ddbowdoin

I made it... and was hammered! Stumbled back to BCV and had a greasy burger at beaches and bang, out for a few hours. Hungover like a beast the next morning!

828tnt

The Passports idea is brilliant. I made a pirate map (why pirates? because they're awesome!) of the drink stops for Sarah's 21st birthday. I'll have to see if I still have it on a hard drive.

the pirate map is a fantastic idea esp for a special event!

i think they may only do the passports for food and wine, but i could be wrong.

WDWFigment

Original Poster
the pirate map is a fantastic idea esp for a special event!

i think they may only do the passports for food and wine, but i could be wrong.

I remember getting a passport as a little kid, but I don't think the purpose was quite the same! :lol:

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom