Epcot goes EMH crazy (7/28 merfdate!)

mousermerf

Account Suspended
Original Poster
Epcot has gone a little overboard with the Extra Magic Hours.

Starting next week, for the next 4 weeks, Epcot will have EMH nights twice a week on Monday and Thursday. This includes pretty much everything in the park except Universe of Energy, Innoventions, and the films in France, Canada, and China - most everything else is open late, including some World Showcase table service dining locations.

Revisions once the Living Seas closes in Augsut for rehab are unknown, though Energy returning is a possiblity.

The Magic Kingdom ends it's Mon/Fri EMH nights and Wednesday EMH morning the week of Aug 14-20, returning to Wednesday nights and Friday mornings, meaning Epcot has two nights all by itself for 2 weeks.

Also at MK, the EMH nights end for Tiki Room, Hall of Presidents, the Riverboat, and Carousel of Progress the 29th of July.

Due to popularity, Epcot has increased it's distribution points of wristbands for the night EMH events. It now has six locations - the main entrance, east/west breezeways, bridge to world showcase, mexico bridge, and at the american adventure.

Lights, Motors, Actions at MGM changes it's operational schedule on July 31st to having shows at 11:00am, 1:55pm, and 4:40pm.

Through Aug 20, the Stars in Motor Cars parade runs at 5:30pm.

Aug 21 through Sept 17, the parade runs at 5:00pm.

Sept 18th it begins running at 4:30pm.

The parade originally moved to accomodate the stunt show times and now it seems to be reverting back, possibly with the stunt show moving even early in the day itself.

Until further notice, the Dolphins in Depth tour at the Living Seas has stopped accepting reservations Aug 22 - Nov 30th. All currently scheduled tours for that period are still anticipated to continue, but new reservations for those dates are not being accept at this time. The dates may be released to book with short notice, so guests are advised to call back and check periodicly. The DiveQuest and Aquatour remain unaffected.

Over half of the reservations for the entire run of the Food and Wine Festival at Epcot were sold out by the second day. All sold-out events are accepting a waitlist, contact 407-WDW-FEST for details.

madge

thanks for the update! :)

Does it look like the evening Epcot EMH will stay the same throughout October, or is it too soon to tell?

Madge

mousermerf

Account Suspended
Original Poster
madge said:
thanks for the update! :)

Does it look like the evening Epcot EMH will stay the same throughout October, or is it too soon to tell?

Madge

I think the offerings might stay the same, like food and attractions, but the days themselves are scheduled to revert back to the normal schedule at the end of August. However, this has been changed several times in the past 3 weeks.

At this point, anything is possible for October - remmeber it has Mickey's Not So Scary nights at Magic Kingdom, so they're going to have to get around that somehow with the EMH schedule.

MrNonacho

Premium Member
I like evening EMH's at Epcot... I can hang around to see the inferno barge burn-off without feeling like I'm the only one in World Showcase. :)

KumbaRider

MrNonacho said:
I like evening EMH's at Epcot... I can hang around to see the inferno barge burn-off without feeling like I'm the only one in World Showcase. :)

Haha, that scared me the first time I saw it, because I didn't know it was coming!

MrNonacho

Premium Member
KumbaRider said:
Haha, that scared me the first time I saw it, because I didn't know it was coming!

They actually make announcements for it now, including a 5-second countdown. I'm not so sure I like that, since it makes people think there's going to be more than just a huge fireball.

Thanks for the update!

Any idea when Disney will update the main site with the added Evening "EMH" for the month of August? Right now they have the first 2 weeks of August with 2 Evening "EMH"' nights per week while the last two weeks of August only lists as one per week.

madge

mousermerf said:
I think the offerings might stay the same, like food and attractions, but the days themselves are scheduled to revert back to the normal schedule at the end of August. However, this has been changed several times in the past 3 weeks.

At this point, anything is possible for October - remmeber it has Mickey's Not So Scary nights at Magic Kingdom, so they're going to have to get around that somehow with the EMH schedule.

I'll keep watching for updates, thanks! :D

mickeysaver

Wow, does anyone know if these changes will remain in effect beyond what August? I am wondering what to expect in December. Maggie

25and7

Account Suspended
FINALLY!

Disney is finally working out some of the MAJOR flaws in EPCOT during EMH's! Geeze, it only took them 3 months to realize that there were way too many flaws in the EHM's program and now they are finally fixing some of these flaws. Well, I guess it's better late than never.

However, I'm still waiting for them to elimate Fastpass distribution during EMH's! It doesn't make any sense whatsoever to distribute Fastpasses during EMH's and hopefully Disney will realize this sonner or later.

Yeah, what's going on. I tried to get reservations at the San Angel for dinner tonight and they were completely booked! Usually you can at least get a table at 9pm.

Why do I have a feeling it had something to do with a 'table for 2'. Perhaps next time the rest of my party will get magically sick on Mission: Space and be unable to attend dinner.

WDWRLD

Hey, What time do they do the Burn off of the inferno barge. Next time I might stick around to see it. The bunch I usually travel with thinks that as soon as Illuminations is over its a race to get to the room.

dixiegirl

i don't know about magic kingdom not having emh...i went on the site yesterday and they showed quite a few emh nites in september which i was very excited about cause we are going .......

in 41 more days..... yeah i know the hours are subject to change....

Enderikari

2 said:
FINALLY!

Disney is finally working out some of the MAJOR flaws in EPCOT during EMH's! Geeze, it only took them 3 months to realize that there were way too many flaws in the EHM's program and now they are finally fixing some of these flaws. Well, I guess it's better late than never.

However, I'm still waiting for them to elimate Fastpass distribution during EMH's! It doesn't make any sense whatsoever to distribute Fastpasses during EMH's and hopefully Disney will realize this sonner or later.

::Cough Cough:: Free... Free... It's absolutely, completely, blooming free.. ::/end cough::

welovewdw

does anyone know where i can get this updated list? i was going by the disney site and apparently that's all wrong. we are leaving the 13 of aug, help!!!:eek:

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom