Epcot gets a new bar! (temporarily)

mousermerf

Account Suspended
Original Poster
The Fountainview Cafe Espresso and Bakery has closed and is being converted into a bar. It will reopen on September 28th as a Wine Bar as part of the Food and Wine festival.

I'm assuming this is because of Character Connection taking up the old Pasta Piazza space that was typically occupied by the temporary bar.

Fountaview Cafe sort of lends itself, in design, to being a bar, so it makes sense. It's just interesting that one will not be so prominently located dead center in Future World.

-SIR-

Interesting, The fountainview was closed on my last trip in June... I wonder if this had something to do with it.... naaa... I doubt it. Still I will miss my Morning Pastry and coffee on the way in the parks. Looks like ill have to walk over to Sunshine Season's.

mousermerf

Account Suspended
Original Poster
The Fountainview was open regularly, just only from park opening until 1pm, it served "brunch." It only closed a day or so ago (it may actually be open today, closing tomorrow, i just know it either closes or is closed to convert now).

Fievel

RunDisney Addict
Dang...I always enjoyed getting a cup of coffee and a pastry there in the morning.....guess I'll just have to do that in France now.

mousermerf

Account Suspended
Original Poster
It looks really good, by the way.

Has it gotten new signage or anything, or is it like the same Fountainview, just happens to be serving Wine?

And is the overlay like the past years bar setup in that area? The previous years have had sort of a "italian" look, i could best describe as the interior of an Olive Garden.

Ringo8n24

I thinks I'll be partaking in a spirt or two there.
:)

Ditto to that! I wish it were not temporary. The coffee at Fountainview was disgusting. I would love to see a Starbuck's lease that spot from Disney if it has to go back to being a coffee shop. Hey, McDonald's can do it, why can't Starbuck's?:fork: :D

Master Yoda

Pro Star Wars geek.
Premium Member
Ditto to that! I wish it were not temporary. The coffee at Fountainview was disgusting. I would love to see a Starbuck's lease that spot from Disney if it has to go back to being a coffee shop. Hey, McDonald's can do it, why can't Starbuck's?:fork: :D
From my understanding before Starbucks made it big they approached Disney about selling their coffee on property. Disney passed. I bet that is one decision they would like to have back.

I like the café, the deserts were out of this world, but the coffee was sub-par at best.

Gorjus

Question

For those who have partaken of testings at the F&W Festival Welcome Center in the past, is this bar replacing the tasting bar that is usually in that long hallway with the gift shop as well?

For those who have partaken of testings at the F&W Festival Welcome Center in the past, is this bar replacing the tasting bar that is usually in that long hallway with the gift shop as well?

Are you referring to the long hall in Character Connection? Because they've been setting up tables in there as well, and they're turning Segway Central into a giftshop.

Fievel

RunDisney Addict
If a major company is going to come in for "good" coffee, I'd rather see Caribou Coffee come in. It's a smaller company than starbucks, but the quality is far superior. Sometimes, I feel starbucks coffee is just strong for the sake of being strong.

Hurricane

From my understanding before Starbucks made it big they approached Disney about selling their coffee on property. Disney passed. I bet that is one decision they would like to have back.

Funny because Disney (allegedly) missed the boat with McD's in the 50's at Disneyland.

fillerup

I'm guessing (praying actually) that this will be the temporary venue for wine tastings.

If Character Connection isn't getting the boot for F&W, that leaves only the long hallway off the gift shop for tastings. And this venue is absolutely awful for wine presentations.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom