Epcot: Future Ideas

Kingdom WDW

How can you say that Horizons made EPCOT anymore than any other attraction in defining EPCOT. Just curious as to why you feel this way?

I see what you're saying, (I underestimated SSE) but here are my feelings:

~ The "If we can dream it" dialog captures the spirit of EPCOT Center.
~ While what we saw looked amazing, it's all possible. Isn't that what the EPCOT Center is all about?
~ In a poll I conducted a while back asking which extinct attraction you would like to see come back, Horizons led the poll with 35% of voters wishing for its coming back.

http://forums.wdwmagic.com/showthread.php?t=209158

EPCOT_1138

Original Poster
^ That's what I thought a while ago until I realized Disney's audience...

Teens and young adults are "attracted" to Epcot because of thrills such as Mission: SPACE and Test Track. If it's one thing I know, teens hate happy-go-lucky dark rides... they're just boring to them. And for one, teens and young adults make up quite a large portion of Epcot's audience. Epcot needs to add more thrills... they already have seven other dark rides. I myself would like to see Epcot back to it's original form, but it's not going to happen because of today's audience. People just aren't interested in the "museum" kind of showcase element Epcot had, they want thrills.

I also hope they are moving away from the "communication" theme of Spaceship Earth myself, and moving more towards the Horizons theme in the current renovation. I think the Horizons music would fit good in the attraction... even just the music, not the words.

I don't wish to argue or anything, but that's my point.

michael92

i agree. teens, like me, like thrill rides (thats why mhy favorite rides are test track, EE, MS.. etc.. and i think many people also like thrill rides. lets face it, when they add a thrill ride, attendance for the theme park increases. i think this ride would be a great addition, but id like to find out more (some scenes, for example):animwink:

MrDrProf. Drake

I still really don't see why there should be a weather pavilion. I mean, we already have The Land, where the theme is the natural environment.

Why not something like an Atoms & Elements pavilion?

unkadug

Follower of "Saget"The Cult
I still really don't see why there should be a weather pavilion. I mean, we already have The Land, where the theme is the natural environment.

First - Find a corporate sponsor...then find a theme.
(I know that sponsors aren't really necessary, but Epcot was built around this concept, so they're not likely to change this income potential)

It shouldn't be that difficult to find a tie-in to the pavilion for "X Corp."

Let's keep an open mind....why not something completely original?

michael92

what about a natural sciences pavilion? You know, the coolest things and experiments on physics, chemistry and biology.. but fun, of course! like an extra-fun version of a science museum plus thrill rides... hmmm, if i can, ill post ideas about the pavilion

ChrisFL

Premium Member

Ooh, bring back Monsanto's Adventure through Inner Space?

Yes, Disney wants the thrillseekers and some teens don't like slow-moving dark rides, HOWEVER that doesn't mean that Disney couldn't have kept the same inspirational elements that the original attractions had, that's where they are failing.

michael92

anyone has an idea how they could remodelate the energy pavilion? maybe something related with the global warming, CO2 and renewable ergy sources

EPCOT_1138

Original Poster
^ Perhaps, maybe Disney could even team up with the Discovery Channel or something. I know Universal used to have an Animal Planet show, but I think their license with Discovery is over. Disney could introduce a lot of Discovery Channel stuff into Innoventions as well. Maybe even a FutureCar overlay in Test Track? You also got to wonder too if Disney's got anything going on with Discovery after all of the Travel Channel specials that they air on WDW and DL...

Maybe it's not such a great idea, though?

At least they need to get rid of the terrible multi-color paint on the sides of the Energy building. Move back to an orange and red.

Kingdom WDW

anyone has an idea how they could remodelate the energy pavilion? maybe something related with the global warming, CO2 and renewable ergy sources

Possibly. Disney could bring in BP, but with Hess down the street I don't think they'd do it. Maybe like PSE&G.

There could be a lot of cool post shows.

michael92

whats BP?
Anyway, tomorrow ill post an idea i have for an energy ride that presents all renewable energy sources, global waming, blah, blah...

michael92

My idea for the energy ride: (the name stays)

Universe of Energy: Join Mickey in this thrilling, 3D adventure in the search for an everlasting energy source against the clock.
(Okay, i could perfect that sentence :confused:)

The ride would use a system like spiderman in IOA and feature animatronics, huge sets, holograms (to avoid the glasses), multisensory effects and a wild ride. (accelerations, drops, spinning, bumping and stunning visual effects)
Everything would be torn down and rebuilt (new facade included), but the ride would be a little bit similar.

The premise is that Mickey, while in school, falls asleep and doesnt hear the teacher say that they have a science project due on a week. he finds out one day prior to the deadline and doesnt know what to do. He then searches donald the scientific, who has the idea of building a machine that uses renewable energy . Because Mickey doesnt understand a thing, they use a wormhole to travel through time and ... you know what i mean (like the original ride).. back in the real world, they evaluate the renewable enrgy sources and their advantages in their use. all that, just in time for the science project. Mickey arrives on time and gets the first prize for building a coffee machine that uses solar energy.

What do/dont you like? Please tell the truth!

JEANYLASER

Universe of Energy: Join Mickey in this thrilling, 3D adventure in the search for an everlasting energy source against the clock.

The ride would use a system like spiderman in IOA and feature animatronics, huge sets, holograms (to avoid the glasses), multisensory effects and a wild ride. (accelerations, drops, spinning, bumping and stunning visual effects)
Everything would be torn down and rebuilt (new facade included), but the ride would be a little bit similar.

The premise is that Mickey, while in school, falls asleep and doesnt hear the teacher say that they have a science project due on a week. he finds out one day prior to the deadline and doesnt know what to do. He then searches donald the scientific, who has the idea of building a machine that uses renewable energy . Because Mickey doesnt understand a thing, they use a wormhole to travel through time and ... you know what i mean (like the original ride).. back in the real world, they evaluate the renewable enrgy sources and their advantages in their use. all that, just in time for the science project. Mickey arrives on time and gets the first prize for building a coffee machine that uses solar energy.

I love your idea it is so awesome! Excellent marks!

ChrisFL

Premium Member

That sounds quite good. One thing I do know is that the building is plenty big enough!

michael92

yeah, but I thought a new facade would be more atractive and more guests would come.
btw, thanks to both of you!
chrisfl, are you the same guy as in micechat :p?

ChrisFL

Premium Member
yeah, but I thought a new facade would be more atractive and more guests would come.
btw, thanks to both of you!
chrisfl, are you the same guy as in micechat :p?

Yeah, I go all over the place...here, micechat, themeparkreview, disboards...I have no life

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom