Epcot fountain walls are up

raven

Original Poster
The Fountain of Nations at Epcot has a wall around it as of 7AM this morning. Not sure if it's going to be routine maintenence, cleaning or anything else but engineers were on the scene all morning.

Brian Noble

This is a big'un, right?

If so, I have to admit I'm a little sad. I can visit MK without Space Mountain, no big whoop. But, EP without the fountain is just not the same.

I just have to keep reminding myself: "It's best in the long run. It's best in the long run."

EPCOT Explorer

Master Yoda

Pro Star Wars geek.
Premium Member
Well, didn't late 2007 have a spit and polish refurb? I hope that this is a extensive one...I don't think we have seen anything of the sort since Splashtacular premiered.
Sounds about right. There seem to have been a bunch of minor, fix what is broken, refurbs over the last few years and I do not remember walls going up for any of them Hopefully the walls will signify a much more extensive refurb than we have sen in years.

EPCOT Explorer

Sounds about right. There seem to have been a bunch of minor, fix what is broken, refurbs over the last few years and I do not remember walls going up for any of them Hopefully the walls will signify a much more extensive refurb than we have sen in years.
Waaah0000t.:sohappy:

I would love to see ToN integrated into ROE, or have technology like it.

Any word on how long this should be going on, Rich?

wdwmagic

Administrator
Premium Member

marni1971

Park History nut
Premium Member
Replace all lighting with brand new LED lights.... I hope!

Seriously, it is known the stage is desired to be removed by certain parties as part of the central spine beautification project. I hope it would make sense to replace the lighting too with units that don`t go months without being fixed once broke.

Interesting tid bit... the original Communicore Fountain was only the opening day installation. Phase 2 was meant to have jumping fountains set to music and lights as installed in 1994.... but also with lasers installed in the CCore walls to shoot through the water jets. Like a lot of phase 2 it didn`t happen.

EPCOT Explorer

Replace all lighting with brand new LED lights.... I hope!

Seriously, it is known the stage is desired to be removed by certain parties as part of the central spine beautification project. I hope it would make sense to replace the lighting too with units that don`t go months without being fixed once broke.

Interesting tid bit... the original Communicore Fountain was only the opening day installation. Phase 2 was meant to have jumping fountains set to music and lights as installed in 1994.... but also with lasers installed in the CCore walls to shoot through the water jets. Like a lot of phase 2 it didn`t happen.

Oh WOW...That would been fantastic...:eek:

Any places to read up/see art on that, Martin?

*prays they do that and the Central Beautification Project.*

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom