News Epcot Forever to debut as interim show before full Reflections of Earth replacement

trainplane3

Since seeing the debut showing in person that night in the Park, now that I am back home I have gone back and viewed a couple of videos of 'Epcot Forever' to see how it translates on the screen.

I watched two videos, the Disney Parks Blog broadcast and WDWMagic's video of the Show and in both cases much of the laser effects are barely visible.
In person, the sky is literally alight with many laser beams and twisting patterns of light.
Very VERY little of that shows up in videos.
So for those who haven't yet had the opportunity to see this in person, rest assured that there is a LOT more going on during some of the segments then appears to be by watching video versions.

As I've mentioned before, the laser elements were cool.
A shame they don't photograph well as looking at those videos after seeing it in person makes it look like a completely different production.

-
How about AllCentralFloridas video? They seem pretty visible:

HoldenC

Waiting to see it again and so far I am loving the pre show loop. I missed it Tuesday evening. It feels very World Showcase! Not as memorable as the original music but still fun

Epcot82Guy

Waiting to see it again and so far I am loving the pre show loop. I missed it Tuesday evening. It feels very World Showcase! Not as memorable as the original music but still fun
Agreed. I though the new pre-show music loop had some great energy. A bit Town Center Disney Springs (which isn't a criticism!). It was a fun continuation from what we had before with some nice musical creations.

HoldenC

Okay I somehow enjoyed the show more this evening. It still has many flaws but I didn't leave thinking "what the heck was that?" tonight.

ThatMouse

I finally watched the videos. The show is patronizing. That's the best way I can describe it. Kids who have never even experienced EPCOT are narrating and singing about all the great things EPCOT has given me. Recordings of Walt Disney, who has also never seen EPCOT, is reminding me that EPCOT is all part of his plan, so any distaste for having movie themes in my EPCOT is completely invalid. I felt like I was watching a memorial service. And then of course, A Whole New World just cemented the fact that movie themed attractions are coming. My EPCOT is gone. I don't hate the show, it will be fun to see and drink a beer to, but it's just salt in the wound really. My EPCOT was already being picked apart. This show didn't change that. It just reinforced the fact that the next show will be the complete opposite of what I like at EPCOT.

Now if there's not a huge line at the Skyliner to get back to Pop I'll be happy!

The Real Buzz Lightyear

I finally watched the videos. The show is patronizing. That's the best way I can describe it. Kids who have never even experienced EPCOT are narrating and singing about all the great things EPCOT has given me. Recordings of Walt Disney, who has also never seen EPCOT, is reminding me that EPCOT is all part of his plan, so any distaste for having movie themes in my EPCOT is completely invalid. I felt like I was watching a memorial service. And then of course, A Whole New World just cemented the fact that movie themed attractions are coming. My EPCOT is gone. I don't hate the show, it will be fun to see and drink a beer to, but it's just salt in the wound really. My EPCOT was already being picked apart. This show didn't change that. It just reinforced the fact that the next show will be the complete opposite of what I like at EPCOT.

Now if there's not a huge line at the Skyliner to get back to Pop I'll be happy!
I felt exactly the same! Why are kids singing the songs? Why is there no Figment in the show despite being all over the epcot forever merch.

Joesixtoe

I thought it was pretty awesome. Wasn't a big fan of the pre show music nor after the show, but the show itself is yes a tribute to old Epcot and them telling us that changes are coming. It's a sad yet probably needed change to Epcot. Epcot in today's day and age just can't keep up with innovation or peoples attention spans.

DC0703

Just watched the videos and for me there are some good things and some bad with this new show.

The good: Better pyrotechnics, more use of lasers (which reminded me of the 80s/90s), and I thought the kites were a neat touch. Also, with ROE, the potions of the show involving the globe in the middle of the water where sometimes hard to see if you weren't watching the show from an ideal location - I'm glad this show remedies that.

The bad: I greatly prefer ROE's music. And I agree with others, the kiddie narrator is grating.

I do look forward to seeing it in person though.

Joesixtoe

O
Just watched the videos and for me there are some good things and some bad with this new show.

The good: Better pyrotechnics, more use of lasers (which reminded me of the 80s/90s), and I thought the kites were a neat touch. Also, with ROE, the potions of the show involving the globe in the middle of the water where sometimes hard to see if you weren't watching the show from an ideal location - I'm glad this show remedies that.

The bad: I greatly prefer ROE's music. And I agree with others, the kiddie narrator is grating.

I do look forward to seeing it in person though.
I'm watching a video of it now and its definitely much better in person, like way better. Yeah the music for ROE is hard to beat..

KevinPage

i saw the show opening night and was in position 90 minutes prior and didn’t notice any specific theme to the music, just seemed like “park music” that was being played.

Then again it was the 3rd day of 3 loooong days in the parks and 1 day removed from ROE, so I wasn’t thinking clearly 🤩

HoldenC

i saw the show opening night and was in position 90 minutes prior and didn’t notice any specific theme to the music, just seemed like “park music” that was being played.

Then again it was the 3rd day of 3 loooong days in the parks and 1 day removed from ROE, so I wasn’t thinking clearly 🤩
I feel ya. I had been to Epcot every night for the last week of ROE so I was utterly worn out Tuesday 😭😂

EPICOT

I was definitely underwhelmed when I watched the video the first time, but it is growing on me a bit. After a couple views you can tell what they were trying do with the combination of songs in each section. Obviously the problems of too short of segments, children singing, and the glorious IP ending continue to limit the potential of the show.

Top Bottom