Epcot FastPass Question

LRnascarfan

Original Poster
Which is better to use FP on in Epcot in your opinion? Test Track or Soarin? Since you can only chose one of those which is the one whose line moves faster?

disneygeek90

Depending on the group you're going with, Soarin for FP and single rider TT (if you don't care about creating your car). The TT FP line can still take quite a bit of time moving from one line, to the car design, to back in line.

Soarin can seem to take a while, but it's usually just waiting for the shows to clear out.

disneygeek90

Another one for Soarin for FP and single line for TT. We were able to design our car in the single rider line in March.
You can design a car, but it's a very abbreviated version. I believe you pick from the 4 main groups (eco, power etc) and then pick from a list of about 6. Still gets the point across, but not as detailed as the full design that takes about 4 mins.

drwadadli

Either works depending if you don't mind waiting in the single ride at TT or if you want to stay together. If you don't mine single rider for TT, then get a FP_ for Soarin'

LRnascarfan

Original Poster
I know my older daughter wouldn't mind single rider line but my younger one, who has some anxiety issues, probably would want to be with us.

correcaminos

Test Track hands down. They absolutely destroyed Soarin' with the update. The distortions were awful and use of CGI for far too much just made it bad. One and done for us.

If you want to do Soarin' hit it at rope drop then go to other rides after.

CaptainAmerica

Premium Member
I don't really get the appeal of single rider. I don't go somewhere like Disney World to simply ride rides. I go to Disney World to share experiences with my family. I'd rather wait in line with my family than ride a ride with a bunch of strangers.

correcaminos

I don't really get the appeal of single rider. I don't go somewhere like Disney World to simply ride rides. I go to Disney World to share experiences with my family. I'd rather wait in line with my family than ride a ride with a bunch of strangers.
Different strokes. We love test track and spend our time in line together. About 99% of the time one adult is with our son so 2 get to be together. We do lots of silly poses so we have fun with that too. Since we have an odd number, often one of us is riding alone anyway. Same with my family growing up, so not a big deal since we share the before and after as well. Just because it doesn't work for your ideal, doesn't mean it cannot for others.

JusticeDisney

Test Track hands down. They absolutely destroyed Soarin' with the update. The distortions were awful and use of CGI for far too much just made it bad. One and done for us.

If you want to do Soarin' hit it at rope drop then go to other rides after.
I couldn't disagree more. I think they did an amazing jog with the new Soarin'. In my opinion, it far surpasses the original. If OP has to choose as between Soarin' and Test Track, I say Soarin' all day long.

JusticeDisney

Riding rides and sharing experiences with your family are not mutually exclusive. Think of it this way, one might argue that it is preferable to take the 45 minutes that they saved over you and your family standing in the TT line, and go use that time to share some family experiences elsewhere. As another poster said, different strokes.

correcaminos

I couldn't disagree more. I think they did an amazing jog with the new Soarin'. In my opinion, it far surpasses the original. If OP has to choose as between Soarin' and Test Track, I say Soarin' all day long.
Did you see it from the dead center? I think that is the only way to do it. Plus the OP can do both, you just do Soarin' first and TT with a FP as I said in my post. You don't have to skip it if you really feel the need to watch fake movies.

Sorry but all the CGI (Taj Mahal, all animals, etc) was bad enough but to have a curved Taj Mahal, Eifel Tower, Great Pyramids, rock formations in Utah... it was horrific. We used to adore Soarin' now we won't waste a FP on it let alone wait more than 10 minutes. Do it at rope drop and save it for a ride that wasn't a downgrade in realistic film as well as distortions.

JusticeDisney

Did you see it from the dead center? I think that is the only way to do it. Plus the OP can do both, you just do Soarin' first and TT with a FP as I said in my post. You don't have to skip it if you really feel the need to watch fake movies.

Sorry but all the CGI (Taj Mahal, all animals, etc) was bad enough but to have a curved Taj Mahal, Eifel Tower, Great Pyramids, rock formations in Utah... it was horrific. We used to adore Soarin' now we won't waste a FP on it let alone wait more than 10 minutes. Do it at rope drop and save it for a ride that wasn't a downgrade in realistic film as well as distortions.
A ride is horrific because it uses some CGI? Okay, gotcha. LMAO! I guess you find most movies horrific then.

LRnascarfan

Original Poster
We plan to do both. I guess I will use the FP on Test Track and get in line for Soarin. Thanks for the tips from everyone!!

correcaminos

A ride is horrific because it uses some CGI? Okay, gotcha. LMAO! I guess you find most movies horrific then.
Uh, that's not what I said made it horrific, but nice try. The distortions made it horrific. The CGI just made it unrealistic looking. The Taj Mahal was entirely CGI and distorted, so why even put it in? The animals, the people? Unnecessary but the distortions were plain horrible. I had never seen it look that bad on the old one even from the very last seat on the end.

That distortion was horrible and anyone who says it isn't bad from the side has some serious pixie dust blowing up their rear.

JusticeDisney

Uh, that's not what I said made it horrific, but nice try. The distortions made it horrific. The CGI just made it unrealistic looking. The Taj Mahal was entirely CGI and distorted, so why even put it in? The animals, the people? Unnecessary but the distortions were plain horrible. I had never seen it look that bad on the old one even from the very last seat on the end.

That distortion was horrible and anyone who says it isn't bad from the side has some serious pixie dust blowing up their rear.
Hahahahaha! Just gotta love someone who says that anyone who sees things differently than they do must have something wrong with them!

Hey, here's another potential scenario. Maybe there's something wrong with your eyes and most people don't share your view regarding all these "horrific" distortions. Naaaaaahhhh, that couldn't even be possible. LMAO!

LuvtheGoof

Grill Master
Premium Member
Hahahahaha! Just gotta love someone who says that anyone who sees things differently than they do must have something wrong with them!

Hey, here's another potential scenario. Maybe there's something wrong with your eyes and most people don't share your view regarding all these "horrific" distortions. Naaaaaahhhh, that couldn't even be possible. LMAO!
I guess that people like us that don't notice the horrific distortions are blind?

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom