Epcot Experience * not so great*

LuisT

Original Poster
Hi everyone,

When I went to WDW during spring break, I told my parents if we could try out epcot. Since we have never been there out of our 14-15 trips to WDW. My parents always thought epcot was for people that were into computers and wasn't really considered a " theme park " in their books. So, as we arrive and past the first gates. My parents pick up a book and says " where are all the rides?" I was shocked because I told them before hand that epcot is about culture and the food. They said, that they wanted a park with thrill rides. So, I told them to go on test track and mission space. The lines were extremely long for both, so after that my parents took us, and decided to leave. My question is.. ( for our next trip ).

What is there to do at epcot? Because, when we left. The next day me and my sister went to MK and then decided to try out epcot and it just wasn't really that food. Besides for the amazing food ! Any ideas!

Thanks

Laura

Premium Member
What is there to do!?? :eek:

Let's see...rides?
Spaceship Earth
Soarin'
Living with the Land
Universe of Energy
Journey Into Imagination
Test Track
Mission: Space
Gran Fiesta Tour
Maelstrom

Shows?
Honey I Shrunk the Audience
Circle of Life
Impressions de France
The American Adventure
O Canada
Reflections of China
IllumiNations

Not to mention street performers and food galore! And places like Innoventions and the post-shows of Spaceship Earth and Imageworks!

Again - :eek::eek::eek::eek:

raven

No offense but it sounds to me as if they went into EPCOT with a chip on their shoulder to begin with. They need to let go of their assumptions and see what EPCOT actually has to offer.

Most adults love the park and there is plenty to do there to last for at least 2 days if you want to see everything. Lines for popular attractions like Test Track and Soarin' are going to be long no matter what time of year it is. This is because they are amazing rides and guests love them.

My suggestion would be to get Fast Passes for these attractions then enjoy the rest of the park until it's time to go back. There are lots of things to see while you wait for your call-time to roll around.

I love the rides at Epcot (well, most of them) but I can honestly say that I could have a great day there even without going on any of them. There is so much to see and do just by walking around World Showcase, soaking things up, admiring other things.

No problem with people who don't like it, though. If you're just into thrill rides, you probably won't have a great time.

figment3258

In order to enjoy epcot you have to want to be there. If you go there thinking oh this is not the Magic Kingdom well its not the magic Kingdom. There are so many different experiences and different cultures to try its wonderful. We love spending hours just walking though the countries and taking in all the culture. As for the thrill rides they are far apart you do have to walk a little bit to get to them. But they are wonderful. The lines tend to be long so get a fast pass and come back. Epcot is a park like no other you have to want to be there otherwise you won't allow the full experience in .

Brwneyedgirl72

For what it is worth - Epcot is my family's favorite park. If your parents only want to go to a park with thrill rides, then they really aren't in the right place. Disney does have it's fair share of thrill rides, but they are certainly not the majority. Disney is about the magic and the experience - not just coasters and thrills. Based on your post - they would be better off at Universal.

LuisT

Original Poster
thanks

I apreciate for that long list. Me and my sister did maybe 1 or 2 of those rides! We thought it was going to be boring and stuff, but uhm seems like we missed a lot. Also, my parents are the stubborned type where for some reason their not a fan of shows! But next time, me and my sis will make sure we go on everything. We did go to world showcase and that was pretty amazing on how big that was, but we were so overwelmed that $20 for both of us. Wasn't going to give us a good enough lunch. That is why were thinking about getting the disney dining plan next time.

Laura

Premium Member
I apreciate for that long list. Me and my sister did maybe 1 or 2 of those rides! We thought it was going to be boring and stuff, but uhm seems like we missed a lot. Also, my parents are the stubborned type where for some reason their not a fan of shows! But next time, me and my sis will make sure we go on everything. We did go to world showcase and that was pretty amazing on how big that was, but we were so overwelmed that $20 for both of us. Wasn't going to give us a good enough lunch. That is why were thinking about getting the disney dining plan next time.

Good for you!

You should send your parents to Islands of Adventure to get their thrill fix while you soak up Epcot. :D

LuisT

Original Poster
Sorry for the double post, but yeah they think disney is a kiddy park unlike me. I love disney's theming and everything about it. My parents are a big fan of universal/islands of adventure tho. They only go to disney because of me and my sister :p

LuisT

Original Poster
Lol you took the words out of my mouth :p. I was thinking about doing that, but then they said it won't be a " family " vacation. Grr.

Ausdaddy

$20 isn't bad. Fish and chips in England and some school bread in Norway! :D

EpcotServo

THE HIT LIST

or

I KNOW WHAT YOU SHOULD DO AT EPCOT NEXT SUMMER

BE HERE AT OPENING

Firstoff, get a Fastpass for Soarin' inside the Land Pavilon.

Head across the Pavilon and ride Living with the Land.

Go outside the Pavilon, and ride the Seas with Nemo & Friends. Taking time to go upstairs and look through all the exhbits.

By this time you should be able to get another Fastpass.

Head to Future World West to get a Fastpass for Test Track.

Go ride the Universe of Energy.

Afterwards, kill some time checking out the interesting things to do in Innoventions.

Get a Fastpass for Mission: Space.

Head back towards the front of the park now, and ride Spaceship Earth.

After riding Spaceship Earth (be sure to e-mail your picture home!) head back over to Soarin'. use Fastpass to ride Soarin'.

By this time you'll be hungry, so I suggest grabbing lunch at Electric Umbrella.

After that's done, head once again back towards Future World East, this time going under the sign marked "CLUB COOL" Head in, and try some different sodas from around the world free of charge!

Exit through doors at the back of the hallway and one outside, take a sharp right into an indoor hallway. Halfway through the hallway there's an exhbit on this history of EPCOT Center. Take at least ten minutes there to enjoy the scope and mission of the park over the past 25 years.

Head out of the exhbit, and out the sliding automatic doors that should be straight ahead of you and walk towards the Imagination pavilon.

Ride Journey Into Imagination with Figment.

IF YOU HAVE TIME: If either A: You're Fastpasses for Test Track and Mission Space aren't up, or B: It's still early (Say...4 to 5 o' clock) watch Honey, I Shrunk the Audience.

Now head back over to Mission: Space and Test Track and ride those with the Fastpasses you have!

Over by Test Track, there's a series of bridges that should take you to World Showcase. Go inside MEXICO (Do the countries clock-wise) and ride the Gran Fiesta Tour.

After that, take you're time exploring the countries. They all have great shops and some interesting exhbits.

Just make sure that between 6:00 and 7:00 you see the American Adventure show, that's very important. See this show at all costs!

FROM HERE:
You can...

A: Take your time exploring each country.

B: Find a nice spot to watch Illuminations.

I suggest you do a little of both, find a nice spot whilst enjoying the countries.

NO MATTER WHAT:
Stay until closing. You can even head back to Future World to re-ride your favorite rides again. Just keep in mind that some Future World rides close at 7 PM.

IMPORTANT TIPS:
Before the day begins, have everyone in your party go over a map of the park. Study it carefully, and know where everything is. It may look confusing, but just take an hour to really study it and you should have no problem finding things.

Keep your party together! They may want to do their own thing, but don't let them! Keep everyone together, and they'll enjoy the things I have on there.

AND MOST IMPORTANT:
TAKE YOUR TIME! I can't stress this enough. Whilst the schedule I made is pretty full, and it's important to get from A to B as fast as possible, don't be afraid to stop and smell the roses, shop the shops, and read the signs.

Take lots of pictures, drink water, and enjoy your day at EPCOT Center!
:wave:

krankenstein

For what it is worth - Epcot is my family's favorite park. If your parents only want to go to a park with thrill rides, then they really aren't in the right place. Disney does have it's fair share of thrill rides, but they are certainly not the majority. Disney is about the magic and the experience - not just coasters and thrills. Based on your post - they would be better off at Universal.

Why do you say Universal? Universal only has 3 major coasters, and 4 kiddie or family coasters (one is basically a TTA style coaster). Universal has loads more than just thrill rides. A better suggestion would be to send them to there local Six Flags or Ceder Point.

Anyway, back to the topic at hand, I have to agree with mostly everyone else. Epcot is a great park, but it is a different experience. Your attitude will determine the kind of day and experience you will have.

Joy Peace

THE HIT LIST

or

BE HERE AT OPENING

Go outside the Pavilon, and ride the Seas with Nemo & Friends. Taking time to go upstairs and look through all the exhbits.

Afterwards, kill some time checking out the interesting things to do in Innoventions.

After riding Spaceship Earth (be sure to e-mail your picture home!) head back over to Soarin'. use Fastpass to ride Soarin'.

By this time you'll be hungry, so I suggest grabbing lunch at Electric Umbrella.

After that's done, head once again back towards Future World East, this time going under the sign marked "CLUB COOL" Head in, and try some different sodas from around the world free of charge!

Exit through doors at the back of the hallway and one outside, take a sharp right into an indoor hallway. Halfway through the hallway there's an exhbit on this history of EPCOT Center. Take at least ten minutes there to enjoy the scope and mission of the park over the past 25 years.

Head out of the exhbit, and out the sliding automatic doors that should be straight ahead of you and walk towards the Imagination pavilon.

IF YOU HAVE TIME: If either A: You're Fastpasses for Test Track and Mission Space aren't up, or B: It's still early (Say...4 to 5 o' clock) watch Honey, I Shrunk the Audience.

Now head back over to Mission: Space and Test Track and ride those with the Fastpasses you have!

Over by Test Track, there's a series of bridges that should take you to World Showcase. Go inside MEXICO (Do the countries clock-wise) and ride the Gran Fiesta Tour.

After that, take you're time exploring the countries. They all have great shops and some interesting exhbits.

Just make sure that between 6:00 and 7:00 you see the American Adventure show, that's very important. See this show at all costs!

FROM HERE:
You can...

I suggest you do a little of both, find a nice spot whilst enjoying the countries.

NO MATTER WHAT:
Stay until closing. You can even head back to Future World to re-ride your favorite rides again. Just keep in mind that some Future World rides close at 7 PM.

IMPORTANT TIPS:
Before the day begins, have everyone in your party go over a map of the park. Study it carefully, and know where everything is. It may look confusing, but just take an hour to really study it and you should have no problem finding things.

Keep your party together! They may want to do their own thing, but don't let them! Keep everyone together, and they'll enjoy the things I have on there.

AND MOST IMPORTANT:
TAKE YOUR TIME! I can't stress this enough. Whilst the schedule I made is pretty full, and it's important to get from A to B as fast as possible, don't be afraid to stop and smell the roses, shop the shops, and read the signs.

Wow!!!:eek: Is this what you do everytime you go to Epcot?
That's amazing!!

Eyorefan

THE HIT LIST

or

BE HERE AT OPENING

FROM HERE:
You can...

NO MATTER WHAT:

IMPORTANT TIPS:

AND MOST IMPORTANT:

Or you can do what we do and spend two days in Epcot. One in Future world and one in the World Showcase. That way you can still walk when its all over! :lol:

Is this for real?!

You've been 15 times and never gone to EPCOT?

EPCOTs great but if you would have gone on your first or second time it would have been even better.

Yankeeplex

Epcot is the one park that we look forward to going to more than any other park. Besides the obvious rides and e-tickets that they offer, the World Showcase would be a draw on its own. Where else could you be a part of that many cultures, smells, food and drinks? You could have a pint from England to go along with you Brat from Germany next to you escargot from France and your taco from Mexico. I just love Epcot!!!

EPCOT Explorer

This thread makes me cry.:cry:

I say,just go to EPCOT with an open mind and expect a "new" type of park.It's the real world,Disney style.Where else can you find that?

THE HIT LIST

or

BE HERE AT OPENING

FROM HERE:
You can...

NO MATTER WHAT:

IMPORTANT TIPS:

AND MOST IMPORTANT:

^^^Sounds like the perfect day.;)

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom