Epcot Easy Trivia

SpectroMan

I'm SO sorry, I've been busy all day. SirNim is right;it is $5,000.
OK, here is another American Adventure question:

Benjamin Franklin is from the 18th century, and Mark Twain is from the 19th. Who was supposed to represent the 20th century? (Here's a hint: It's one of the characters already in the show.)

Originally posted by SpectroMan
Benjamin Franklin is from the 18th century, and Mark Twain is from the 19th. Who was supposed to represent the 20th century? (Here's a hint: It's one of the characters already in the show.)

I'm going to go out on a limb here and go with Will Rogers.

SpectroMan

Yep, that's right! The Imagineers wanted someone to represent each century of the United States, and they decided upon Will Rogers as the 20th century character, but things changed when they went to college campuses to see if people would recognize the characters. No one knew who Will Rogers was.

OK, it is time to get off of the American Adventure questions.

In between France and Morocco there is a piece of pavement that is a different color than the rest of the pavement. Why?

Maria

Original Poster
Jesus...that´s a good one... You have made me walk the promenade between those two in my mind now, back and forth and I can´t remember what I stepped on! :lol:
:veryconfu

SpectroMan

Yep, MickeyBabe is correct; it is the Straight of Gibraltar.

The countries of World Showcase were originally planed to be in geographical order. Why was the American Adventure not placed between Mexico and Canada?

SpectroMan

Though the answer is correct, that isn't the answer I was looking for. I'll give a little while longer and then I will give the information I know about it.

AKQJ10

I'll second that MExico and Canada, both bordering nations, were the only nations other than the US to be specifically placed where they are.

Also, does anyone have a picture of the "river" between France and Morocco? I just can't seem to picture it in my head.

Thanks!!!

:D

AKQJ10

OK.. I think I got it...

I know that in the original plans for WS, the American pavilion was planned to be a large glass building right at the main entrance, with Canada and Mexico on either side. They scrapped that plan because they felt that the American pavilion would block the view of the lagoon and other nations. Since they were changing the location away from the entrance/exit to Future World, they also changed the building design to be the Colonial style we see today, rather than the futuristic glass building.

And hey, if that's not the answer you were looking for, then there's some free trivia for ya'!!

:lol: :lol: :lol:

SpectroMan

AKQJ10 is pretty much right!

THe American Adventure was supposed to go at the entrance to World Showcase as a transition from Future World. It would have been a highly modern building representing the future of America. When the Imagineers decided to put in the History of the U.S. show, they decided that a modern pavilion would not do, and therefore, they moved it to the other side of the lagoon and made the building in Georgian style.

Man, I can't think of any more questions right now. So if anyone has any, go ahead. If I think of anymore, I'll post.

AKQJ10

Hmmmm....

Ok..

What book can you find on Ellen's coffee table during the movie portion of the attraction (before the ride begins)? (Bonus if you can name the food and drink items)

:D

AKQJ10

MickeyBabe.... I can't believe it! This may the first time I asked a question and you didn't get it!! (usually in about 3-4 minutes after I post it, as well!!)

:lol:

The chips part is right (Doritos), but not the drink (is it really that important anyway in the grand scheme of things?) :cool:

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom