Epcot drinking tour

petersenjp

Loved it!

We did this last year and had tons of fun!!! Of course, we almost tipped the boat in Mexico after 3/4 of the way done..... :lookaroun With not being beer drinkers, there are a couple of countries that were a little harder for us to handle, so we made sure to space those out so it wasn't "to much beer" consumed at one time.

Also, like others have said, start early. Most of the drinks are really good, so enjoy them (plus they are on an average $9 or $10).

Pumbas Nakasak

Heading for the great escape.
We're going to do this for our stag and hen days, the boys and the girls each working a different way around the world.

We only have about 3 hours though, as we're going for a meal at Le Cellier too, so think we'll be skipping a few countries! :ROFLOL:

So what are the must have drinks to try if we're only having a few?

Frozen Margarittas at Mexico, Wine flight in Germany, champagne or the Cointreau drink in France, most of the others are beer or personal taste theres a few things I wouldnt touch like Grappa in Italy.

There was a thread last year where someone had taken the time to put together the best of each country. May be worth doing a search.

meryll83

Frozen Margarittas at Mexico, Wine flight in Germany, champagne or the Cointreau drink in France, most of the others are beer or personal taste theres a few things I wouldnt touch like Grappa in Italy.

There was a thread last year where someone had taken the time to put together the best of each country. May be worth doing a search.
Thanks for the tips, I'll also have a search for the other thread too :)

Will there be combat when your paths cross around America ?
:ROFLOL:

JCtheparrothead

Ahhh Beercot! Who doesn't like eating and drinking their way across EPCOT. We go every year and have a grand time with this adventure. We started out with just drinks but it quickly evolved into a beer/drink (not optional) and a treat (optional) at every stop. Here is my best of for anyone that is interested it doesn't include all stops just my fav's.

Mexico--You can do Margaritas in San Angel Inn but we usually catch the little margarita stand outside of the pyramid. They make multiple flavors and are pretty good size.

Germany--The Beer Stand in front of the Biergarten has great German beer and Pretzels. Do you need more in life??? Prost!

Japan--The store under Mitsukoshi has a Saki bar in the very back. It has some great Saki...if you like that stuff, which i do.

Paris--If you are not familiar with the frozen Grand Marnier car you should find it immediately. They place makes frozen grand marnier (Orange)and Lemon Grey Goose slushies that are loved by everyone that tries them. They are potent though..be careful.

England--Every year we do this i make reservations at the Rose and Crowne for dinner at night and to watch the Illuminations fireworks. these guys have a great list of beers and their Bangers and Mash are killer.

If your "Beercot" team has special drinking abilities you can make a quick side trip through waterfront America and check out a few bars on the Boardwalk. We tried this once and found it fun but it did some damage to the longevity of out drinking team. There are lots of bars there!!!

Have fun.

*Chrissi*

We normally started in Canada and tried to see the show each country offers and have a meal in the German Biergarten.
For everyone who did drinking around the world numerous times, try it during food and wine festival:D
World Showcase closes at 9pm and so do all the f&b outlets.

It's all great fun, but remember you're still at Disney and it's a family holiday destination.
And I can also recommend the Boardwalk esp. Jelly Rolls.

Prost!

Chrissi

When I did this last year, we took a pic in every country of us holding our drink and wearing a hat from that country! It was pretty amusing and every country had very silly hats!

HouCuseChickie

We drank our way around the world back in 1998. We started in Mexico with the intention of doing beer and mixed drinks around the world (not big wine fanatics), but the margaritas we ordered were insanely weak and didn't have good flavor - so we promptly switched to beer to get more bang for our buck. We paced ourselves by exploring each country and throwing in water and snacks here and there. I recall waiting until Germany before we had any substantial snacks so we could also savor the buzz :lol:. I remember being starving though as we got to the end...and of course it took forever for them to get our table for dinner at Coral Reef. Still- it was sooooooo much fun...I recall talking to a lot of people as we got more "socially lubricated" on our way around the world.

zurgandfriend

I did this for a friend a few years ago.

If traveling around the World Showcase counter-clockwise here is a list of the counties in the order you will encounter them and the available beers. Beer drinking nations such as Germany, the United Kingdom and others offer additional beer choices.

Mexico
Dos XX
Norway
Carlsberg
China
Tsing Tso
Cool-spot
Michelob
Germany
Lowenbrau
Italy
Moreti
American Adventure
Sam Adams
Japan
Kirin
Morocco
Casa
France
Kronenbourg 1664
United Kingdom
Bass
Canada
Moosehead
Promenade Refreshments
Bud Light

Testtrack321

My best friend and I did this in June for his 21st bday. It was tons of fun and well worth the cost. Here's some tips and what I did (and saw others doing).

1.) Start early. It's not that you can't handle the drinking, it's just that I loved exploring the shops and taking my time enjoying myself. We started at 1pm and fit it all in.

2.) Stay hydrated. You know your own tolerance, but I found that a cup of water every 3 countries was what helped me.

3.) We took pictures of us in every country with our drink. This was a great keepsake and quite hilarious to see ourselves get progressively messier throughout the night. I've seen others have tshirts with checklists on the back that the bar tenders sign and other cool things.

4.) We started in Mexico with tequila shots. WIN.

5.) For those who like wine like me, buy a World Wine Pass or something like that for $20. You get two half pours in Germany, Italy, and France (most of the time they liberally pour more than a half.) VERY good deal!

6.) You'll be amazed of the amount of people who also do this! We met at least 6 other groups doing the same thing we were. Have fun with them and talk.

7.) We ended at the Rose & Crown with Strongbow and fish and chips. Best ending ever.

8.) Make sure those unexperienced with Epcot know how to get home. I'm not kidding here, people get crazy lost. For those with problems make sure they're with someone who knows what they are doing and write down on a map how to get out and what bus to take to the resort.

9.) Grand Marnier Slush in France. 'Nuff said.

10.) Have fun with the streetmosphere, especially the acting troupes.

11.) Explore. Walk around with your drink and experience the flavors of the countries. It's amazing what you miss when all you do are the main restaurants and rides.

12.) KNOW YOUR TOLERANCE AND PACE. This is the most fun I've had in a long time, but it can quickly go bad for those who cannot drink. We're talking quantity, length of time, heat, and walking. It's like a marathon, you don't train for the required distance, you run farther. Same here.

13.) Before you start get a Test Track FP and ride it when you're done. We called it "DUI" and was a big highlight.

14.) America has the weakest selection of drinks: only beer and not very good ones. Keep this in mind if you have non-beer drinkers going with you.

15.) HAVE FUN. Record your trip. Live it up. But BE RESPECTFUL. It's Disney and remember that not everyone else has 12 drinks in their system.

Salud!

IMG_0179.jpg

muteki

This is a good site for such things:http://drinkaroundtheworld.net/

If I am going on a long enough trip and get 2 Epcot days I try to do this on one of them. Plan ahead, pick what drinks you want, and map out the locations before you go. Most carts around the showcase have something of interest but some countries I have had to do a little more investigating to find what I like and where to get it.

BeachClub

21st Birthday!!

My daughter is turning 21 :king: when we are down there in a week. Her choice to go to Disney for this celebration. Soooooo, instead of a Bar Crawl, we will World Crawl.... :sohappy:

Starting in Mexico and of course ending in Canada.... possibly a wheel chair somewhere in between for her... and the maybe a trip to Mission Space.. LOL :hurl:

Should be a good time..... for everyone involved. :ROFLOL:

Testtrack321

My daughter is turning 21 :king: when we are down there in a week. Her choice to go to Disney for this celebration. Soooooo, instead of a Bar Crawl, we will World Crawl.... :sohappy:

Starting in Mexico and of course ending in Canada.... possibly a wheel chair somewhere in between for her... and the maybe a trip to Mission Space.. LOL :hurl:

Should be a good time..... for everyone involved. :ROFLOL:

Can't stress this enough: know your limits.

I am in a fraternity at a social drinking school. I can put it away with the best and even I blacked out (but was functional) at the end of this. If she's JUST turning 21 make sure she knows her limits before hand (lets be frank, 99% kids drink enough before turning 21 to know their limits.)

Have fun, say hi to the hat lady and have fish and chips with a pint of strongbow for me.

Mrs.Toad

I have done the Drinking Around the World circuit with different plans of action.

Definitely drink lots of water and make sure there is eating around the world also. An appetizer in each place is fun too but even if you don't food and water is a must.

We skip the American Adventure food and drink wise. Not the show though.

Some random recommendations:

Sometimes we skip Mexico because Dos and Corona, etc. are pretty much available in many U.S. restaurants. Never liked frozen drinks or tequila myself but that might be fun.

Introduced to Tsing Tao beer at China Epcot and I really like it.

Always went to Germany for beer but if you go indoors the wines are very good.

Italy I always do wine or Moretti beer. Can't remember if they offer Peroni beer because I prefer the taste over Moretti. Love the wines in Italy and loved Rosa Regale.

Tried Japanese beer but I like the plum wine. Heavy and sticky and very sweet though. I really like Japanese beer and I can't remember if I had Sapporo or Kirin.

Liked the Casa beer in Morocco but my fiance didn't.

France has good wines and a champagne. The cart outside Les Chefs is fine but I also had some in the store and the helpful wine seller told us about some of the offerings so I got a mini lesson on French wine too.

Fiance enjoyed beer in Germany, Norway, and Canada especially. Oh, and Guinness in U.K.

meganw1985

We did this for my friend's 21 birthday. We skipped a couple countries though. But I can tell you what we had and liked/disliked.
Started in UK with lunch and a Bass ale (ok-if you like ales)
France we got Grand Marnier orange slushies :slurp: it is delish
Morocco we got Moroccoritas. Ok, but I have a feeling it's not very authentic Moroccan :rolleyes:
Japan we got plum wine. It was good.
We skipped America.
Italy we got sprkling wine. :slurp: It was my favorite.
I think we skipped Germany? Things were a little fuzzy by now.
China we had some peach frozen thingie. It was pretty good.
Norway we skipped, mainly because we had our eyes set on Mexico and margaritas and the boat ride!
We also skipped Canada, since we had already passed it.
We then rode Ellen's energy adventure, and took a nap :lol:

Advice: Split drinks with someone if you can. It's not a very far walk to the next country, and you really can't take them in the stores to browse so you're just standing outside drinking before you go to the next place. Also, don't act like a moron. We saw some people doing that. It was rude. We split drinks, and got just a little fuzzy, but I would imagine by yourself you would be beligerent and falling down. I'm a lightweight though...

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom