EPCOT Dinner Question??

CaseyWilliams

I was trying to get a concensus about dinner at EPCOT. I will have two children with me (4 and 9) and wanted to see what would be the best place to take them. Lunch will be in Germany (ompa style), but still trying to decide on dinner. Any suggestions?

TIA :D

ClemsonTigger

Naturally Grumpy
Well, there are a number of addtional details that would be helpful in giving you good advice. First, are the kids picky eaters and second are you on a restricted budget.

My initial reaction was the the Electric Umbrella is always a safe bet, and it you do any of the countries, they all have "American" kids menu offerings, although they can get repetitive after a while. Also you have sit down restaurants at most countries as well as a "casual" pick up spot. For example, the mexican restaurant San Angel, the inside restaurant has classic Mexican entree's, but the kids menu, like the Cafe outside is taco's, enchilada's and the like.

So with childrens menu's, you can choose most anywhere to your taste, and have "safe" children's alternatives available.

If the children do like different foods, China is well, Chinese food, Japan has a
Teppanyaki grill that many enjoy, and nothing too spicy, UK always has fish and chips to fall back on that is a little different from burgers and chicken strips.

Attached is a link to my favorite food site so you can easily compare what is available:

http://www.allearsnet.com/menu/menus.htm#epc

Upvote 0

ChefTigger

The Cellier would be a great place to go with 2 kids. They have the coolest kids desserts and if you ask your server they might get to do their own with the help of a Chef... And no one can resist the Canadian chocolate Moose cake

Upvote 0

Master Yoda

Pro Star Wars geek.
Premium Member
ClemsonTigger is correct pretty much every restaurant on property has a kids menu so even if they are picky eaters you will be OK. My personal favorite is the Garden Grill at the Land however it is closed until later this year. Another thought….You don’t have to limit yourself to EPCOT for dinner. You can get to any of the resorts or other parks via Disney Transportation in less than 30 minuets. You can check out http://www.allearsnet.com/din/dining.htm pretty much every menu is on that site.

Upvote 0

Testtrack321

I found the atmosphere at Germany to be great, but the food underwhelmed me, I guess I'm just in it for the pretzels... ;)

I would recomend UK for their fish 'n' chips and active pub/corner resturant feel and The Coral Reef tor it's fish to see and eat.

Upvote 0

Christina

I'd recommend the San Angel Inn Resturante in Mexico simply because of the fact that it features simple fare (tacos and such) for children, but for the more daring, there's also something to satisfy your pallete. However, the San Angel Inn can be wickedly overpriced, even if the food is excellent...

Sooo... like ChefTigger I would try Le Cellier because of the yummy desserts.:slurp:

Have fun! :wave:

Upvote 0

Christina

I'd recommend the San Angel Inn Resturante in Mexico simply because of the fact that it features simple fare (tacos and such) for children, but for the more daring, there's also something to satisfy your pallete. However, the San Angel Inn can be wickedly overpriced, even if the food is excellent...

So, like ChefTigger I would also recommend Le Cellier because of the yummy desserts.:slurp:

As mentioned below, mostly every resturant has a kids menu, so you should have no trouble dining anywhere!

Have fun! :wave:

Upvote 0

Diane Hughess

My kids (3 & 6) LOVED the Teppanyaki restaurant in Japan. We had a great chef who joked with them by throwing food at them--which landed perfectly on their plates. He also pretended to shake spices on them. All of the action with the chef cooking in front of us really kept their attention. My nieces went to Morocco (7 & 9) and really enjoyed that- they were asked to try bellydancing with the entertainers!

Upvote 0

Pioneer Hall

There are so many interesting places outside of Epcot that you may enjoy more. Thin about walking over to the beach club and going to cape may cafe. Your family may like it more and it wouldn't take too much time out of the day.

Upvote 0

surfsupdon

For a good dinner and a fun time, I always enjoy Teppanyeki Dining in Japan. The steak was great, and it provides good laughs for the whole family.

DisneyInsider was also right about Cape May Cafe in Beach Club (about a 5 mins walk from Epcot). It's a good ol' fashioned clam bake with some meat too. And it's always fun exploring other Resorts.

Youll have a good time in Germany, just make sure you all go down to the floor and dance, you'll regret it if you don't. I owned that dance floor oompahing all meal long. Have fun.

Upvote 0

Maria

I will also recommend Morocco because of the belly dancer show - very entertaining and the food flavors are mild. Another good choice for dinner with kids would be the Teppanyaki one in Japan - I´m sure they will be very amused with the chef cooking in front of them. Bon appetit!

Upvote 0

Indy95

Teppanyeki should be the best for the kids, mostly because the table chef will keep them entertained, and as someone before had said, the food is not too spicy. Of all the Epcot offerings, I think it is the best choice with kids in mind.

Upvote 0

longfamily

Diane Hughess said:
My kids (3 & 6) LOVED the Teppanyaki restaurant in Japan. We had a great chef who joked with them by throwing food at them--which landed perfectly on their plates. He also pretended to shake spices on them. All of the action with the chef cooking in front of us really kept their attention. My nieces went to Morocco (7 & 9) and really enjoyed that- they were asked to try bellydancing with the entertainers!

Kids always like Hibachi (Teppanyaki)! If you have never experienced this for yourself, it is really cool if you have the right chef. I would also agree with the Coral Reef idea. One entire wall of the restaurant is the aquarium. You can also ask to be seated right next to the glass. For dessert, the kids can get a "make your own sundae" set-up. Both places are the most kid friendly, IMO, and of course, Biergarten takes the cake! Enjoy your trip!!

As a side note, while adults typically love canada'a restaurant, my kid was bored to tears there...

Upvote 0

BRER STITCH

When we do the BIERGARTEN for lunch, we are NEVER even hungry for dinner after that!

A good plan is to schedule your lunch for around 2:30 or 3 PM. Enjoy the Oktoberfest Band and have a relaxing lunch. By then it will already be around 4.

It's a good excuse to get a light snack or pastry later in the evening from Norway or France or some ice cream or popcorn and hang out waiting for Illuminations to start.

If you DO want dinner, a light meal the kids will like can be found at the American pavilion, which features hamburgers and hotdogs and chicken. The cool part is you can eat outside on the patio and watch the people go by or listen to the entertainment if there's any.

Upvote 0

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom