EPCOT Center

Marc Gil

Oh my... It's you again!! :O jk...
Answering your question,
I was too young to remember when the park was called EPCOT Center, although I do remember riding Journey into Imagination, Horizons, and the Original Living Seas. I also remember visiting the old Wonders of Life pavilion and being terrified of Cranium Command. Later on during my childhood, Wonder's of Life became our family's escape from the crowds at Epcot.

AngieYaz

Original Poster
Oh my... It's you again!! :O jk...
Answering your question,
I was too young to remember when the park was called EPCOT Center, although I do remember riding Journey into Imagination, Horizons, and the Original Living Seas. I also remember visiting the old Wonders of Life pavilion and being terrified of Cranium Command. Later on during my childhood, Wonder's of Life became our family's escape from the crowds at Epcot.

I loved Living Seas and the original Universe of Energy. NEVER rode Horizons though. :( I miss all these wonderful attractions.

AllyInWonderland

I didn't get to experience Epcot Center, but I did ride the original JII as a baby (the white room was my favorite), and I visited the WOL pavilion often as a kid (Goofy about health was my favorite!).

But my all time favorite in all of WDW history is Tapestry!
image.jpg

hellowonderland

I will always be a Horizons fangirl. I remember the ride well, and how fascinated and enthralled I was as a child. EPCOT will always be missing some of its magic, in my opinion. They need to restore it's promise and thrum of possibility -- it used to be the world of tomorrow, and now it seems to be struggling to even catch up. But still, I love EPCOT and always will - being a cast member there taught me how big and majestic it truly is, and how many little nooks and crannies there are to be explored. It's a beautiful park.

THEMEPARKPIONEER

Lets just say Epcot Center was so amazing I remember all the way back to 1994 when I was 3. I also remember 1992 a bit because I vaguely remember being seeing surprise in the sky and being kind of scared of it. 1996-1998 and 1999 were also great years and because of them I remember the place very well the way it was. I want to say I went in 1995 as well but i'm not so sure. I guess it was enough to remember everything as clearly and all I can say is that I loved it then and it just doesn't feel the same the way it is now.

awoogala

I remember when EPCOT first opened. We had a subscription to the Disney channel when it first came on.. back then, it was amazing! They had no shows (or very few)...Most hours were filled with old disney movies, shorts, even Donald in Mathmagic land. I still EPCOT to return to its educational roots, and it is my kids favorite park..but all I can do is bite my tongue and not tell them how much better it WAS.

Susan Savia

Yes, it was wonderful, but today's EPCOT is okay too. Horizons and World of Motion were great attractions. Will never know why they had to be dumped. We do love Test Track.

AngieYaz

Original Poster
I will always be a Horizons fangirl. I remember the ride well, and how fascinated and enthralled I was as a child. EPCOT will always be missing some of its magic, in my opinion. They need to restore it's promise and thrum of possibility -- it used to be the world of tomorrow, and now it seems to be struggling to even catch up. But still, I love EPCOT and always will - being a cast member there taught me how big and majestic it truly is, and how many little nooks and crannies there are to be explored. It's a beautiful park.

Do you wish many classic attractions returned? I loved The Living Seas.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom