EPCOT Center restoration

EPCOT_1138

Original Poster
If I as in charge of Epcot, this is what I'd do. I know that most of this would cost a lot of money, but here's my take on restoring EPCOT...
Futureworld pavillions:
-Mission: SPACE
-Test Track (major renovations to outside of building, make attraction more "futuristic")
-The Seas (remove the Nemo branding from the name, make more "futuristic")
-The Land (fix the escalator problems and renovate boat tour)
-Spaceship Earth (remove LAL and move tiles to structures inside Innoventions, add new logo to mirror support, improve the wait line)
-Horizons (maybe "New Horizons", new building similar to original to replace WOL)
-Imagination! (restoration to classic or major renovation)
-Universe of Energy (slight renovations)
-Innoventions (make building look more "futuristic")

I think that Futureworld needs the most attention and World Showcase could be put on hold for a while.

Kingdom WDW

Test Track- I agree that it's not futuristic, but taking it out would be a blow to the EPCOT Center.
The Seas- The Nemo overlay is OK, but I would like to see a change. I don't know how you would make it futuristic though.
The Land- I have only gone on Soarin' and Circle of Life, so I cannot comment.
SSE- Since it is already under refurb, no comment.
Horizons- I would like to see Horizons come back, and take the place of WOL.
Imagination- Couldn't agree more.
UOE- I'm fine with that as of now.
Innoventions- Go back over to CommuniCore.

erasure fan1

(1) -The Seas (remove the Nemo branding from the name, make more "futuristic")

(2) I think that Futureworld needs the most attention and World Showcase could be put on hold for a while.

1. I dont think the Nemo overlay is bad. It fits just fine, it was a natural thing for them to do. People seem to love it I never waited to go to seabase alpha but it was 30min. on our last trip.

2. I think exactly opposite. World showcase needs at least 1 minor and 1 mid level ride, not shows. They need to do something with WOL yes but WS needs to come first. As of now WS is nothing more to me than a place to eat or shop once you get past Norway.

DisneySaint

-Mission: SPACE

M:S is wonderfully themed and I'm glad you agree!
-Test Track (major renovations to outside of building, make attraction more "futuristic")

I agree with this. The 10 years is showing now.

-The Seas (remove the Nemo branding from the name, make more "futuristic")

Won't happen. They just spent millions to put it in. And, while I totally do miss Sea Base Alpha theme, you really must look at the many families who are super excited to go on the ride and see Crush afterwards. I think this pavillion is great except if they are going to do the whole "undersea" theme, perhaps the old Sea Base Alpha needs to be converted to some underwater cavern or something.

-The Land (fix the escalator problems and renovate boat tour)

Only scenes on the boat tour need to be updated like the dated farming images. Circle of Life, as well, needs to go.

-Spaceship Earth (remove LAL and move tiles to structures inside Innoventions, add new logo to mirror support, improve the wait line)

Innoventions uses every square inch it has, so moving LAL there wouldn't work. The tiles need to be put in a gift shop somewhere to view. That way they function as decoration while staying away from the parks.I like your idea of the logo to the mirror support but I think they also need to bring back the fountain sculpture.
There isn't much you can do to the line, but when has it been long recently, anyways?

-Horizons (maybe "New Horizons", new building similar to original to replace WOL)

I would love to have Horizons 2.0.

-Imagination! (restoration to classic or major renovation)

They'll never restore it to the original, but I think they should just do a re-do of the original with modern technology. The Imagination Institute theme was cute but horribly executed. The pavilion doesn't look like an "institute" to begin with

-Universe of Energy (slight renovations)

Slight? Try major. This attraction is a 45 minute nap and the dino scene is so random.

-Innoventions (make building look more "futuristic")

I agree the exterior needs to be reworked and that pinkish color and pink neon have got to make way for a more modern approach.

DisnFanatic10

Bring back the cool cave!!

I don't know the name of it but Coke used to have a walk through that was nice and cold that led you into their product area. It was a nice "break" from the heat.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom