Epcot Center Drive Widening

danlb_2000

Premium Member
Original Poster
A permit was filed with the South Florida Water Management District today for the widening of Epcot Center Drive Eastbound from Buena Vista Dr to I-4.

Capture.JPG

Goofnut1980

Instead of widening, if they would just simplify the routes it would flow better. Or they figure that Frozen Norway will attract an extra 10 million people a year. Baaaaahaha

Slowjack

I get the impression that Disney is planning to funnel as much of the Disney Springs exit traffic as possible to Epcot Center Dr.
That makes sense, but at this point, there's no way to get westbound from Buena Vista to eastbound Epcot Center Drive, unless I am remembering wrong. Maybe there's a loop ramp planned for that intersection in the future?

articos

Epcot Center Drive has an existing connection to both EB and WB I-4 using long ramps, making it an ideal entry/exit point. This is all related infrastructure improvement for the future of the property and for more traffic in and out of the Disney Springs/Epcot areas without putting strain on Hotel Plaza Blvd.

That makes sense, but at this point, there's no way to get westbound from Buena Vista to eastbound Epcot Center Drive, unless I am remembering wrong. Maybe there's a loop ramp planned for that intersection in the future?
At this moment, there is no connection, but that could change.

RAXIP

Do you mean like this?
https://www.google.com/maps/dir/28....6,-81.5366407,1995m/data=!3m1!1e3!4m2!4m1!3e0

I imagine its for two Lanes to exit into I-4.

Too many daft foreigners swerving all across the drive and the ramps at the last minute.
I'm looking forward to this change. I drive this way every day home from work. It can be a pain sometimes to merge from EB BVD to EB ECD when there's a lot of traffic. I see an accent in this area nearly one a month.

halltd

Right idea, yeah, put in a mirror of the current loop that carries traffic from westbound Epcot Center Drive to westbound Buena Vista. Up to now we're seeing lots of work to get people into Disney Springs efficiently, but not a lot on getting them out, so I have to assume there's more to come.
Both of these already exist today. You can already go from Westbound BVD to Eastbound ECD and you can also already go from Westbound ECD to Westbound BVD.

Slowjack

Both of these already exist today. You can already go from Westbound BVD to Eastbound ECD and you can also already go from Westbound ECD to Westbound BVD.
I meant a mirror of the currently existing westbound BVD -> westbound ECD loop to take traffic from westbound BVD to eastbound ECD. You say that you can already do that, but I don't see how. What am I missing?

RAXIP

I meant a mirror of the currently existing westbound BVD -> westbound ECD loop to take traffic from westbound BVD to eastbound ECD. You say that you can already do that, but I don't see how. What am I missing?
Go back and look at the Google Maps link I posted last month. It is quite literally the driving directions you are looking for. WB BVD to EB ECD via Backstage Lane.

maxairmike

You go down to Backstage Lane, turn right, stay in the right hand lane turning onto Overpass Rd and that right no-stop yield turn puts you onto the ramp that connects to ECD/536 towards I-4. Not quite as simple as a direct ramp from BVD, but it is effective and gives some separation from the eastbound BVD to ECD ramp that has constant traffic during park hours.

MrNonacho

Premium Member
Not sure if it's related, but Backstage Lane has been down to two lanes since yesterday for some sort of work on the northbound side.

Slowjack

You go down to Backstage Lane, turn right, stay in the right hand lane turning onto Overpass Rd and that right no-stop yield turn puts you onto the ramp that connects to ECD/536 towards I-4. Not quite as simple as a direct ramp from BVD, but it is effective and gives some separation from the eastbound BVD to ECD ramp that has constant traffic during park hours.
Ah, I see it now. Is that route marked on site?

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom