EPCOT Center 35th Anniversary Events?

so I saw on twitter someone posted some of the 35 facts about Epcot thing and I had a question for someone who knows, but it was like the building for the Japan attraction is still there but never used for Meet the World. So does anyone know what building is now? and what "Meet the World" was suppose to be about? (and if this is in the wrong thread to talk about sorry)

Cmdr_Crimson

so I saw on twitter someone posted some of the 35 facts about Epcot thing and I had a question for someone who knows, but it was like the building for the Japan attraction is still there but never used for Meet the World. So does anyone know what building is now? and what "Meet the World" was suppose to be about? (and if this is in the wrong thread to talk about sorry)

Meet the world was another Carousel style theater that explained the history of Japan while it was to be for Epcot...They did have it at Tokyo Disneyland..Martin has a great Tribute video of the attraction...

peter11435

The building is used for storage. Meet the World was installed in Tokyo so you can watch videos on YouTube of what it would have been.

Cmdr_Crimson

Ooo thank you!! I've only heard of the "Mt Fuji" ride and never this but this seemed cool!

It was to be pretty impressive on the WS Skyline...
epcot-fuji.png
Mount-Fuji-Roller-Coaster.jpg

And here's what it would have looked like with the scale model...The Cancelled Switzerland Pavilion with it's Matterhorn is to the left....
epcot-mountains.jpg

0c15f41577e05cc90c6dde3e27a384f9.jpg

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom