EPCOT Center 35th Anniversary Events?

DerpyIsTehBets

Original Poster
Does anyone know if anything is planned for the 35th Anniversary outside of the two Sold Out D23 events? Is the park putting on anything official? If there is it would be worth the trip to me, as it's my fav park. Otherwise, it's not like I can get in at this point...

Monty

Brilliant...and Canadian
In the Parks
No
One option that is still available is the WDWCelebrations event, Celebration 35. It costs very little to register and they put on a fun event.

trainplane3

Gonna bump this with the schedule for the D23 event at Epcot:
  • 8:30–9:15 a.m.: Event Check-In (Epcot Main Entrance—Future World)—Please do not arrive prior to 8:30 a.m. or later than 9:15 a.m. After checking in, guests will be guided to the event location.
  • 10–11 a.m.: Welcome to Epcot 35th Anniversary (Details to be provided closer to event)
  • 11:10–11:50 a.m.: Epcot Attractions of Yesteryear—It’s always fun looking back at tomorrow. Join Imagineer Daniel Joseph and historian Michael Crawford as we take a nostalgic journey through some of your favorite memories of Epcot past!
  • 12–12:45 p.m.: 35 Things You Didn’t Know About Epcot—Think you know everything there is to know about the Experimental Prototype Community of Tomorrow? Think again! Our expert presenters—Disney Legend Tony Baxter and Imagineers Jason Grandt and Diana Brost—will reveal some secrets and details that will surprise even the most passionate Epcot fans! During this time, guests will also enjoy a boxed lunch at their tables.
  • 1–2 p.m.: Epcot Dreamers and Doers—For 35 years, Disney Cast Members and Imagineers have dreamed big and done the impossible. Join a discussion hosted by Jason Grandt with Epcot dreamers and doers—Walt Disney World Parks Senior Vice President Jim MacPhee; Disney Legend Bill Sullivan; Future World leader Rick Allen; Imagineers Zach Riddley, Wyatt Winter, and Alex Wright; and former Disney Imagineer Patrick Brennan—who have each played a role in shaping the world of tomorrow, from 1982 to today!
  • 2–2:25 p.m.: Epcot Entertainment Through the Years—A showcase of music, dance, and the arts, Epcot has been host to memorable events and performances over the past 35 years. Discover the rich legacy of Epcot entertainment in this special presentation hosted by Epcot Vice President Melissa Valiquetteand featuring show directors Marsha Jackson-Randolph and Forrest Bahruth; Mariachi Cobre leader Randy Carrillo; and Epcot Entertainment leader Christopher Stewart.
  • 2:30–4 p.m.: Epcot 35th Merchandise Pick-Up & Pop-Up Shop (optional)—All attendees are eligible to participate in an Advance Purchase Merchandise opportunity and can pick up these advance purchases during this time, as well as visit a D23 pop-up shop that will feature exciting merchandise coming to Epcot for the 35th anniversary.
Source: https://d23.com/d23-event/d23s-fanniversary-celebrates-35-years-of-epcot/
^This was pointed out by @asianway

I'm not sure how major it is but one of the Imagineers, Jason Grandt, is teasing something on his Twitter:
DKP5NYwWsAAfyXf.jpg

Source: https://twitter.com/43SquareMiles/status/910845560541863936
I'm hoping it's either new logo artwork for the rumored name change (that's been hinted at for a while now but has died down, so I'm doubting it) or a new piece of art he's going to sell. I don't think I can complain either way.

Last edited:

asianway

Gonna bump this with the schedule for the D23 event at Epcot:
DKQr4G1XkAEJpf_.jpg

Source: https://twitter.com/BrianPMiles/status/910901329677217793

I'm not sure how major it is but one of the Imagineers, Jason Grandt, is teasing something on his Twitter:
DKP5NYwWsAAfyXf.jpg

I'm hoping it's either new logo artwork for the rumored name change (that's been hinted at for a while now but has died down, so I'm doubting it) or a new piece of art he's going to sell. I don't think I can complain either way.
Who just copied it from:

https://d23.com/d23-event/d23s-fanniversary-celebrates-35-years-of-epcot/

EvilChameleon

Well that's the most exciting news to come out of EPCOT in a long time.

THE 35TH *fireworks shoot*
ANNIVERSARY *fireworks shoot*
OF EPCOT *fireworks explode*

OliveMcFly

Any chance the 35th merchandise will be available online? I'm not there until the end of November and I'm sure it'll be gone by then.

TomorrowlandKD

Awesome stuff - I wonder if this will be a year long 35th Anniversary theme now? I'm heading down to the parks in January and it'd be cool if there was 35th anniversary stuff throughout EPCOT.

trainplane3

Awesome stuff - I wonder if this will be a year long 35th Anniversary theme now? I'm heading down to the parks in January and it'd be cool if there was 35th anniversary stuff throughout EPCOT.
It is. On the Disney Parks Blog a month ago, they answered that question in the comments. It will be a year long event. There will be limited merchandise but the typical stuff will be available year round (shirts, some pins, etc).

Edit: They compared it to MK's 45th event.

Last edited:

*Q*

DKP5NYwWsAAfyXf.jpg

That isn't anything new, that's from an iPhone wallpaper that's been floating around the Internet for a few years now. Although the color shades do look a little different, but I'm guessing he just used an Instagram filter or something.

Attachments

• IMG_6950.JPG
    IMG_6950.JPG
    162 KB · Views: 185

HiYa Pal

I was there for the 30th, by accident, but it was a great surprise! Especially the fireworks!! If anyone knows better, please feel free to correct me, it was almost as if they ran the entire fireworks portion of the show a 2nd time in less than one minute as the "finale." It was by far the most intense thing I've ever seen! The entirety of world showcase was daylight bright and it was LOUD, I actually took a few steps back from the fence line, lol

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom