Epcot Canceling Segway Tours?

devoy1701

Does Ft Wilderness still do them?

Anyway, we're taking our second trip to Disneyland next month, and we looked up to see if they still offered a Segway Tour of DCA because it was one of our favorite things that we had done on our first trip. They don't offer it over there anymore either...so it might be part of a trend.

Anyway, we're taking our second trip to Disneyland next month, and we looked up to see if they still offered a Segway Tour of DCA because it was one of our favorite things that we had done on our first trip. They don't offer it over there anymore either...so it might be part of a trend.

I called Disney about this earlier and the lady told me that yes Fort Wilderness does still do them. Doesn't look as fun so ill pass.

fmingo36

My DH and I did this tour in Sept. We absolutely loved it! I thought it was worth every penny! Our tour was sold out as well as the tour before us. The ONLY issue I had was we hit Great Britain on the 1st Day of the W&D festival just as WS was about to open. No one cared we were on segways and people we just darting in front of us. But that was not Disney's fault. For a novice it was a bit scary.
I hope they reconsider and bring the tour back to it's guest.

danv3

Took the revamped tour in October and really enjoyed it. I'd never ridden a Segway before, but found it pretty simple to use. Our lead CM was really excited about the changes to the tour, because he had more time for stories about world showcase and the guests had more time to ride. I'm surprised it would be going away so soon after the changes.

Ariel484

We did the tour in June 2011 and it was a blast...one of our favorite things we have done at Disney. We were looking forward to doing the re-vamped tour in December. So disappointed. :(

Texas84

Sad. One of the reasons I started running was because I was approaching that weight limit. Last time I was at WDW the times were all booked.

Furiated

I loved the DCA Segway Tour! I believe that one stopped because of the work being done to install the Red Car Trolley, and stayed offline because of all the DCA construction. I would think that it wouldn't be connected to what's going on with the EPCOT tour (which was also fun) but who knows.

gibsonc

UK Disney Geek

The Cruzin' Disney's California Adventure tour was cancelled a couple of years ago due to all of the construction in the park. It just wasn't safe or practical to do during the remodelling of DCA. Unfortunately it hasn't returned yet as I would have liked to have taken the tour again.

devoy1701

I loved the DCA Segway Tour! I believe that one stopped because of the work being done to install the Red Car Trolley, and stayed offline because of all the DCA construction. I would think that it wouldn't be connected to what's going on with the EPCOT tour (which was also fun) but who knows.
we went in Dec of 2009 and the park was half filled with construction walls. I imagine that they stopped doing it soon after the holiday season that year. It's a shame it hasn't come back though. We would have loved to do it again now that the park is complete!

Gabe1

Ivory Tower Squabble EST 2011. WINDMILL SURVIVOR
Segways are a blast. My guess is WDW will eventually loose the battle of Segways for disabilities. Just too many other venues accept them. Disney has won so far keeping the disabled from using them in their parks where others do. It will become over time more difficult to defend using them for tours with inexperienced users for a fee but prohibiting disabled from utilizing their own. My thought is Disney legal is suggesting dumping the use of the Segways in the parks by guests. Sooner or later this is going to come to politically correct head.

Wesleyjohn

I go in two weeks on the tour. This is one thing I'm looking forward to. No call on a cancellation and they better not, OR THAT IS THE LAST STRAW AND Disney HAS loST MY BUSINESS FOREVER!!!

Nah, Jk, I'm not one of those people.

UrbanDonovan

I heard from an insider that the Segway tour was decided to be shut down after there was a major incident involving a new-hire tour guide, this guy:

GOB-segway.jpg

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom