Epcot almost sunk. (Part of it)

PatNSCT

Just what I've heard while working, but it's a chilled water line that runs through the park that is being replaced. Started behind Universe of Energy, which has been completed, through the tunnel, and now into the area behind Club Cool.

rangerbob

This would explain why most of the drinking fountains have no pressure in the park.
The chilled water line would be for the AC. The water fountains have their own chiller built into them if they are turned on or most of them are only a water source.

I find it fishy that they would need to use that fabric for a water line replacement. I've seen them place lines in the ground as they are doing along Buena Vista Drive. They drop them in the ground and fill in around them.

danlb_2000

Premium Member
The chilled water line would be for the AC. The water fountains have their own chiller built into them if they are turned on or most of them are only a water source.

I find it fishy that they would need to use that fabric for a water line replacement. I've seen them place lines in the ground as they are doing along Buena Vista Drive. They drop them in the ground and fill in around them.

I also haven't seen any permits for this. If it was a planned line replacement there would likely be a permit.

Victor Kelly

They may have the ability to do emergency work without a permit. Remember they bring in billions o dollars, and that means they can sometimes do stuff without the benefit of legal entanglements.

Clamman73

They may have the ability to do emergency work without a permit. Remember they bring in billions o dollars, and that means they can sometimes do stuff without the benefit of legal entanglements.
Maybe a permit will show up later since it's an "emergency" repair.

Victor Kelly

I would expect to see some explanation soon. But when Reedy Creek was established they were given many powers and jurisdiction over the entire property. So they may, just may be able to do emergency repairs sans permits. The only thing we all hope is that they get it fixed. The most important thing is nobody was hurt.

Goofyernmost

I read someplace, might even be here, that they were installing a new chilled water line in the area. If that is true it tells us two things. The first is that they probably do have a permit to do it and second, they must be planning on moving Walt out of MK and into Epcot. With that many people in MK, I'm sure it must be difficult to keep him cooled down enough to stay frozen. Epcot doesn't have that many people, comparitively, so it should work better.;)

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom