Epcot almost sunk. (Part of it)

note2001

Also there's no Water in the little ponds heading towards the land and Imaginations waterfall is dry also pretty eerie.

Seems that this is the summer without fountains: Poly Lobby, then the Wilderness Lodge is down for a refurb, now EPCOT's imagination pavillion and area pools. Did I miss anything else?

Last edited:

omurice

Also there's no Water in the little ponds heading towards the land and Imaginations waterfall is dry also pretty eerie.
I heard kids commenting on the empty water features at Epcot last week. Even small children don't like empty water features! Parents said things like "Well maybe Mickey is planning something special for us soon".
Kids are smart, and the parents are just... just stupid DUMMY heads!!

Goofyernmost

I have tried, for many years, to never really state that one generation is better then the other, but, if we have gone from the Summer of Love to the Summer Without Disney Fountains, I may have to reconsider my stance.

There is no real need for Fountains anymore because no one looks up from their Smartphone Screen long enough to see them anyway.

FabulousFigment

Meh.. I think it has more to do with the individual. I am from 'Gen X' and I don't live on my phone in the parks. Other than to check a wait time here or there, I rarely take it out. We usually grab a beer and a pretzel and watch the reverse waterfall for a while. Sad :(

BoarderPhreak

I can understand wanting a homogeneous color scheme, but come on. the pink/beige was ugly. This works when you see it in person because the tones actually make the buildings blend in with their surroundings more than stick out. The buildings have already lost their original architectural allure, so as a solid light color they stick out in their 1980's/soviet-esque glory.
Oh, I'm not defending the mauve paint job one bit... ;)

But I would've been happy with something simple, modern - updated. I suppose the new kaleidoscope theme does "blend in" a bit, but with enough colors in the palette, even an elephant will blend into a strawberry patch. IMO, the buildings *should* stand out. Okay, so there's nothing worthwhile IN them currently, but...

In Soviet Russia, buildings paint you!

Tom Morrow

Oh, I'm not defending the mauve paint job one bit... ;)

But I would've been happy with something simple, modern - updated. I suppose the new kaleidoscope theme does "blend in" a bit, but with enough colors in the palette, even an elephant will blend into a strawberry patch. IMO, the buildings *should* stand out. Okay, so there's nothing worthwhile IN them currently, but...

In Soviet Russia, buildings paint you!
I guess I think opposite about the CommuniCore buildings - they've lost their unique window wall aesthetic, and as a solid color they look like giant concrete slabs, so let them blend in and let the pavilions - whose designs are still unique and not dated, stand out.

note2001

There will be water in there next week. They reprinted the waterfall section, part of the overall repainting.

We're printing waterfalls now? Cool, I wonder how expensive that ink is.

(knew you meant to type painting, but the thought was too funny not to share)

BoarderPhreak

I guess I think opposite about the CommuniCore buildings - they've lost their unique window wall aesthetic, and as a solid color they look like giant concrete slabs, so let them blend in and let the pavilions - whose designs are still unique and not dated, stand out.
True, it's not quite the same with the covered up windows... :(

THEMEPARKPIONEER

It looked to me in the pictures like a pond liner, perhaps there building a waterfall to fun into the exhising pond LOL. What am I saying... they wouldn't fund that.

WDW Monorail

The older the city the more likely it is to happen, especially in northern cities that sustain hot summer weather and cold winter weather. The earth moves through expansion due to freezing and thawing and put's pressure on pipes and they break with alarming frequency.

Jersey City has several breaks each year, so they asked to have a pressure reducing valve installed between two of their pressure zones.

The Epcot case seems to be more of a hit and break rather than material failure.

I too love the: "Disney is built on swampland filled in with dirt and sand and there might be a possible sinkhole that formed after an 80s or 90s laid waterline broke."

"No, I don't believe it, I want pictures first before I acknowledge you, peasant! " :joyfull:

BoarderPhreak

I'm waiting for them to institute "disco yeti fountains."

Strobe lights on shiny Mylar sheets flapping in the breeze of a fan to look like flowing water.

raven

Originally World of Motion (Test Track) was planned for the area where those bodies of water are located heading toward World Showcase but had to be moved to the current location due to sink holes. So this news is nothing new really.

Pirouline

Was there a few weeks ago, there was a small hole in the ground near the lake, we asked some cms and they saided a water pipe burst.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom