Epcot almost sunk. (Part of it)

ABQ

I think that if there is any part of the problem that might be called into question it would be the part about outside sources hitting and breaking the water main. Those things, quite often don't, need any help. If the water can find an escape, which I would imagine are plentiful around the Disney Property, then it would just erode away under the sod and wouldn't be hugely evident until a weight was placed above it and it would then collapse. The water might not even find it's way to the surface until something opened it up.

Seems sort of like the olden days before coffins were put in concrete containers. When the coffin rotted it would collapse due to the weight above it and all of a sudden you have this big "dent" in the ground.
Or worse yet:

599053-bigthumbnail.jpg

danlb_2000

Premium Member
Try again, I uploaded it as an attachment instead :)

OK, that picture makes this looks like something much bigger, some heavy excavation equipment there. Any idea what the object at the left of the picture is? Looks like it might be the end of a cargo container.

Clamman73

OK, that picture makes this looks like something much bigger, some heavy excavation equipment there. Any idea what the object at the left of the picture is? Looks like it might be the end of a cargo container.
Looks like it...from another picture that shows the extent of the fence to the left, it looks like the total area is something like this...
epcotcon.jpeg

Cesar R M

Clamman73

rangerbob

I've never seen them repair a sink hole or washout using a liner first. They have showed the repairs before on the news locally and it is normally just fill it with a special grout that will stabilize the area. Could they be adding a new water feature in that area but then again why would they make it so deep. That is a really big hole there though.

Cesar R M

I've never seen them repair a sink hole or washout using a liner first. They have showed the repairs before on the news locally and it is normally just fill it with a special grout that will stabilize the area. Could they be adding a new water feature in that area but then again why would they make it so deep. That is a really big hole there though.
they could be just fixing the broken water pipes.

Victor Kelly

Water main breaks are no joke. They can create sink holes anywhere they break. Water will seek the path of least resistance and destroy anything in its path. Even governments bring massive resources to bear on a problem like this and it can take weeks or months to repair properly.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom