Epcot 25th Dessert Reception Interest Poll

READ Thread FIRST! Then vote!

• Total voters

mousermerf

Account Suspended
Original Poster
Alright, setting up a poll to see who wants to DEFINATELY come to a dessert reception on the Italy island thingy for a Illuminations viewing on Epcot's 25th anniversary.

The venue would cost $575 (setup fees and staffing) and then we have a choice of dessert setups...

For the Child in You
Florida Lemon Bars
Double Chocolate Brownies
Large Chocolate Chunk Cookies
Oatmeal Raisin Cookies
Sugar Cookies
Chewy Rice Crispy Treats
Chocolate Peanut Butter Marshmallow Squares
Coffee, Decaffeinated Coffee, Hot Tea and Fruit Punch
$19.50++ per guest

Old World Classics in Miniature
Pastries in Miniature to include:
Chocolate and Pistachio Cannoli
Fresh Fruit Tartlet
Vanilla Cream Filled Pastry Horns
Chocolate Éclairs
Raspberry and Cream Roulade
Oreo Cookie Cheesecake
Chocolate Pecan Pies
$24.50++ per guest

Build your own Desserts
Fresh Baked Brownies
Vanilla Ice Cream
Seasonal Berries and Fresh Fruits
Fruit Sauce, Whipped Cream, White and Dark Chocolate Sauce,
Chopped Nuts, Crushed Cookies, Colorful Sprinkles and Broken Candies
$27.00++ per guest

Deluxe
A Variety of Miniature Stemware Glassed to include
Classic Tiramisu
English Trifle
Fresh Fruit and Berries
Pastry Selections in Miniature to include:
Fresh Fruit Tartlet
Chocolate Éclairs
$31.50++ per guest

Supreme
A Variety of Miniature Stemware Glassed to include
Classic Tiramisu
English Trifle
Fresh Fruit and Berries
Pastry Selections in Miniature to include:
Fresh Fruit Tartlet
and
Choice of Either Cooked to Order Stations:
Bananas Foster
Bananas Sautéed with Rum Sauce
Vanilla Ice Cream
OR
Peach Foster
Peaches Sautéed with Rum Sauce
Butter Pecan Ice Cream
$39.50++ per guest

So the cost per guests would be (Dessert Package Chosen) plus (% of Base Fees based on Guest #) = $??

Since there are variables... this poll is going to ask for DEFINATE interest in attending (only respond if you will defiantely go) and then for which package is your maximum to purchase, with the agreement to go if the majority prefers a lower package option.

I'm gonna try to leave the "who voted" option on this poll so we know who is saying yes/no and to track them down - so please don't vote unless you can and will attend.

It will help give us a general idea of attendees interested and which price point to shoot for. (We will leave out lower price votes from calculating a rough total if a higher package is selected, but of course give people the option to come if they still want - we just don't want it to seem like if you vote low that you're obligated to go if it's higher).

Figments Friend

Thanks Merf for starting this poll...

Something i should remind those new to this planned fan event: It is in no way mandatory that you have to go to the Dessert Finale. This is a additional fun option for those that will be coming for the 25th Anniversary gathering, but i don't want anyone getting confused thinking you will have to "pay" to attend or anything like that.

For more in-depth details about this wonderous Fan Event on October 1st, check out the thread below! Just click the signature caption and with a flick of Figment's tail you will be there and read all about it!

:wave:

brkgnews

I'm in for level two (old world classics in mini). Level one seems like a pre-school bake sale, and level three actually seems like a step down from level two. Four and five are just overkill.

By the way -- just to clarify, I'll gladly go up or down with whatever the group chooses.

mousermerf

Account Suspended
Original Poster
Ah, good thing you posted brkgnews! I felt the same way, but didn't want to vote until some others voted.. And I would also be willing to go up/down accordingly. I just didn't want to vote higher because i don't think they sound as good as that option.

robhedin

I voted for #2, but really am willing to do any of them.

I figure since I was there when Epcot opened, I'm gonna be there for their 25th!

rob.

Foolish Mortal

I'm gonna try to leave the "who voted" option on this poll so we know who is saying yes/no and to track them down - so please don't vote unless you can and will attend.

Will be there and would love to do this. I've seen these set up many times and thought how cool it would be to be part of one.

I also voted for #2.

mousermerf

Account Suspended
Original Poster
20 :) hehe

As it looks right now, we'd be shooting for tier 2 (world mini), and with the 20 people minimum the price per person would be $53.25. That's the max we'd have to pay per person for that tier. If more people attend, the price goes down per person.

jasondiff

Here's how pricing breaks down per person based on Dessert Tier and # of Attendees:

(Math notes: Food prices do not include 20% gratuity and 6.5% sales tax; Venue and Setup fees do not include 6.5% sales tax. So basically we're sharing $575 +tax = $612.38)

Code:
Tier	          1	  2       3	  4	  5
Base Price PP	19.50	24.50	27.00	31.50	39.50
With Tax&Grat   24.67	30.99	34.16	39.85	49.97

TOTAL PRICE PER PERSON based on:				
20 People	55.29	61.61	64.77	70.47	80.59
30 People	45.08	51.41	54.57	60.26	70.38
50 People	36.92	43.24	46.40	52.10	62.22
75 People	32.83	39.16	42.32	48.01	58.13
100 People	30.79	37.12	40.28	45.97	56.09
150 People	28.75	35.08	38.24	43.93	54.05
200 People	27.73	34.05	37.22	42.91	53.03

Click here to jump to the sign-up details: SIGN ME UP!

jasondiff

Aerial pic of the awesome location, as if all this food talk hasn't gotten people excited enough!
italyisola.png

I voted for Tier 2 in the poll, and I'll be bringing 2 with me, so we're getting close now!

BSikor

I agree Tier 2 sounds like a good assortment. The ones higher seem like overkill. I would go for any other one if thats what was chosen. I just want to celebrate. My wife should be joining me but is not a member so she will not be voting so add a +1 for me! That should help the cause!

jasondiff

Edited to add: I'm not counting any longer since we're pretty close to 50, so I've started to take registrations and payments for the Dessert Party. Jump to my post with details by clicking here.

This poll works great for figuring out the majority's desire for what desserts to have, but not so well for counting purposes. So I'm gonna try to put together a list here, and as people respond to the thread I'll try to keep it updated. Hopefully by sometime next week we'll at least have a minimum number so that we'll be able to set a maximum price. If you've responded to the poll or thread but didn't indicate that there will be additional people with you, you can either post here or PM me and I'll adjust the numbers. It looks like Tier 2 is the favorite right now, so I'll include people who voted for a higher tier, but anyone voting for a lower tier will be listed separately.

Here goes:

mousermerf +1
brkgnews +1
robhedin +1
Foolish Mortal +1
Horizons78 +1
jasondiff +2
BSikor +1
Fievel +1
disneyfanatic05
marni1971
napnet
sillyspook13
michaelcostella
maharet97a +1
dajatje +1
Master Yoda +4
Epcotrob
mkt
FloridaRocks
wannabeBelle +3
Jekyll_Baker

Total so far: 39!!!

Voted for lower tier:
zao

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom