Entitled Manchild/Horrible Father Harasses Cast Member

Club Cooloholic

Visiting America used to be like taking a warm bath. Friendly people, polite, most people would bid you a nice day and actually hoped you had one.

Something went terribly wrong in the past thirty years. So much rudeness, aggression, nastiness. The sheer amount of obscenities, abuse, threats I've attracted even when literally just standing still peacefully minding my own business in family theme parks!

Whatever has happened!?
The internet. Seriously, people who feel offended or outraged(and this goes for your rightest winger or most liberal person) go online and they found outlets to complain or other people with their group think to agree with them and embolden them.
Think about how often someone eats at a restaurant, if the meal is ok, you think nothing of it. But a bad meal? Alert the press, get on Yelp! So many of us are looking for the flaws in places and people instead of what is right with them. It's made for a lot of miserable people.

crawale

This video has been making the rounds on Facebook:

Summary: He approaches the entrance to the carousel at 8:01. Park closed at 8:00. The Cast Member says its closed. The man starts filming her, trying to intimidate her into letting him in. He argues that there are people in line that haven't ridden yet. She, doing exactly what she is supposed to do per the job, states that they have to cut the line at some point, and if she lets him in, she has to let everyone else in to be fair. He continues to berate her but walks away when they start contacting someone else to assist, possibly security.

99% of the comments are telling him he is 100% wrong, but he is instead going on this weird crusade against Cast Members. Oh, he also is an anti-masker who continually films himself ignoring the rules, taking his and his kids' masks off. I get it, "don't give stupid people attention", but also this man deserves to lose his job over this.

Do not be this guest. Do not act entitled and bully frontline employees for doing their job. Do not be trash.

Also, if you are a Cast Member, I would refrain from commenting on his stuff.

Massachusetts entitled liberal - says it all.

TotallyBiased

The internet. Seriously, people who feel offended or outraged(and this goes for your rightest winger or most liberal person) go online and they found outlets to complain or other people with their group think to agree with them and embolden them.
Think about how often someone eats at a restaurant, if the meal is ok, you think nothing of it. But a bad meal? Alert the press, get on Yelp! So many of us are looking for the flaws in places and people instead of what is right with them. It's made for a lot of miserable people.
Watched The Social Dilemma on Netflix and subsequently dropped off of Facebook all together specifically to rid myself of all that manufactured outrage and manipulation. I actually feel more relaxed and less stressed not being bombarded 24/7.

Club Cooloholic

Watched The Social Dilemma on Netflix and subsequently dropped off of Facebook all together specifically to rid myself of all that manufactured outrage and manipulation. I actually feel more relaxed and less stressed not being bombarded 24/7.
They say people that are heavily involved on FB are some of the least happy people. TikTok, Facebook, Youtube, all it does is create this yearning to be "liked". I won't let my kids have their own pages as long as I can, kids deal enough with real social issues, not need to manufacture more.

TotallyBiased

They say people that are heavily involved on FB are some of the least happy people. TikTok, Facebook, Youtube, all it does is create this yearning to be "liked". I won't let my kids have their own pages as long as I can, kids deal enough with real social issues, not need to manufacture more.
I wasn't one to really chime in much on most of it, and I would typically be the inappropriate comment but yeah, the constant affirmation becomes addicting. Ended up arguing with one of my siblings a lot, etc. It used to be great to catch up with old friends (I moved 900 miles south and don't get to see anyone much anymore) but it's become something far more ugly nowadays.

mkt

Disney's Favorite Scumbag™
Premium Member
Honestly let the guy ride. It’s a Carousel. It’s silly for both the guest and the cm’s to make such a fuss about it.

Disney's laying off CM's and looking for any reason to terminate CM's that it couldn't lay off.

This is one of those situations. In normal times, it wouldn't have mattered - let the guest on. But now, if the CM bends the rules for one guests, he puts his job at risk. I don't blame the CM one bit.

The Empress Lilly

All of this!

Twenty five years ago if I read something I became smarter and more nuanced. Now I become dumber, angrier and cruder of thought.

Slowly the internet trickled upward from a cesspool dissociated from real life to normative of social and political interaction. Our stupid underbelly displaced civil society.

Parker in NYC

All of this!

Twenty five years ago if I read something I became smarter and more nuanced. Now I become dumber, angrier and cruder of thought.

Slowly the internet trickled upward from a cesspool dissociated from real life to normative of social and political interaction. Our stupid underbelly displaced civil society.
I can't emphasize this enough. Thank you.

DisneyTransport

All of this!

This! yes! I grew up in the beginning days of AOL instant messaging and some of MySpace. I am so glad I never latched onto it! I really try to only access and be shown informative posts/articles, but its labor intensive and takes discipline. A lot of what is out there today tries to trigger emotions which is what makes them so addictive. Plus, I believe with the onset of the internet, we get "keyboard warriors" who say things they typically wouldn't say to someone's face, but then that line starts to get blurred, and thus we have a general lack of respect and dignity in every day interactions.

Old Mouseketeer

This is not difficult. CMs are trained that once they close a line and turn people away, they don't reopen it. And this was not a situation that called for "guest recovery". It was closing, the CM closed the line. End of story. The CM's training taught them to close the line at the specified time. If they admit someone after they have turned other guests away they can be written up for judgment.

Giss Neric

As much as I would want to let the father and son in to ride, knowing how the dad handled it, great that he was denied. I believe if he asked nicely and say please, the CM would allow it.

NelleBelle

AMEN! My kids each have an instagram page but neither post anything on it! DH and I can't figure that one out other than they use it to watch memes. As for Instagram, FB, etc...I stopped posting to it years ago when I realized all my high school friends were using it to post pictures as a "humble brag" 🙄

Giss Neric

AMEN! My kids each have an instagram page but neither post anything on it! DH and I can't figure that one out other than they use it to watch memes. As for Instagram, FB, etc...I stopped posting to it years ago when I realized all my high school friends were using it to post pictures as a "humble brag" 🙄

Most people in social media needs validation from other people through likes, hearts, and following for them to realize their own self worth. It's really sad especially those who literally begs for likes.

Capt. Hook

In the Parks
No
It's really sad especially those who literally begs for likes.
YouTube is big for this. "Before we get into (whatever topic the video is about), please hit that 'Like' button and be sure to subscribe if you haven't already."

Umm, before the video even gets going? How do I know it's going to be any good? It's like a condo asking for a good review before checking in. 🤪

John park hopper

It was those entitled liberals that created this country in the revolution 😉
Since when do liberals fight against higher taxes and government intrusion into their lives. I Would not call rebellious colonists fighting against the king of England liberals ---they were far from being liberals.

Last edited:

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom