Entertainment News

wannabeBelle

Original Poster
I might be overthinking this, but with Alberta Bound coming back I wonder if they’re ramping up to add more entertainment to holidays around the world fest whatever it’s called now. AB could transition to holiday voyageurs, voices will do their dickens set and MC could do their holiday/coco set in Mexico. That could be a well spaced out entertainment lineup around world showcase. Maybe even bring back a storyteller or two?
Love all of this!!! Marie

PuertoRekinSam

That was an insult to the pavilion, not to mention the great entertainment cast of Disney. Literally they found these guys in a roadside carnival type of thing out on 192!!! I wish I was joking on this one but I'm not. Check it out: https://lumberjackent.com/ Disney has done better in the past and could certainly have done better than this. I'm glad to see we are heading in the right direction again now. Yee Ha Bob is back at Riverside, Alberta Bound is on the Mill Stage. Things seem to be looking up!!! Marie
I missed the yee ha Bob announcement. My kids have loved him when we were there in 2019.

wannabeBelle

Original Poster
I missed the yee ha Bob announcement. My kids have loved him when we were there in 2019.
Yup, Yee Ha Bob is back at Riverside on Oct 14th. He wasn't sure of his schedule, days and times etc. but is definitely back!! He will not be there on the 16th as he has a previous engagement, but do get over to see him!! Marie

mikejs78

Premium Member
Amen. I am totally with ya. I loved Off Kilter as well, but am happy that quality talent is being put back on that stage, unlike a certain carnival side act that shall remain nameless!!! Marie
Epcot entertainment is a big reason why my wife and I became WDW fans. We honeymooned there in 2004 after not having been since we were kids. It was Epcot and entertainment like Off Kilter and the British Invasion that was one of the highlights of our trip, and got us to start coming back annually, usually during food and wine.

I do miss those acts but glad that entertainment is starting to come back to Epcot and WDW in general.

Out of curiosity , if anyone knows - about 12 years ago we stayed at POFQ few times and there was a really good piano player at the lounge - we saw him on a few occasions and really enjoyed him. Anyone know who that was?

wannabeBelle

Original Poster
Epcot entertainment is a big reason why my wife and I became WDW fans. We honeymooned there in 2004 after not having been since we were kids. It was Epcot and entertainment like Off Kilter and the British Invasion that was one of the highlights of our trip, and got us to start coming back annually, usually during food and wine.

I do miss those acts but glad that entertainment is starting to come back to Epcot and WDW in general.

Out of curiosity , if anyone knows - about 12 years ago we stayed at POFQ few times and there was a really good piano player at the lounge - we saw him on a few occasions and really enjoyed him. Anyone know who that was?
Could that have been Yee Ha Bob at Port Orleans Riverside? If so, he is starting up on Oct 14th with the reopening of the resort as well. If not, let me know and I'll ask around!! Marie

Waters Back Side

This is good to hear for Canada. I'd love for Serveur Amusant and the Jeweled Dragon Acrobats to be brought back. We loved both and made it a priority to see them. I am not sure if they are permanently gone or temporarily. I'm pretty sure I heard Sergio is gone permanently of the 3.

wannabeBelle

Original Poster
This is good to hear for Canada. I'd love for Serveur Amusant and the Jeweled Dragon Acrobats to be brought back. We loved both and made it a priority to see them. I am not sure if they are permanently gone or temporarily. I'm pretty sure I heard Sergio is gone permanently of the 3.
I would imagine getting anyone from overseas is going to be tough for awhile, but I'd love to see these acts return as well. Marie

brb1006

World Showcase isn't the same without these guys.
0000_Disney_Epcot_WS_France012b.jpg

italy3-2.jpg

statue.jpg

TrainsOfDisney

I would imagine getting anyone from overseas is going to be tough for awhile, but I'd love to see these acts return as well. Marie
I‘m not sure about Dragon Legend acrobats but Sergio and Serveur Amusant both performed at the Contemporary Resort last week along with Yeehaw Bob, Off Kilter, and Mulch. (Was a GKTW fundraiser) so they are both still in the area and ready to perform!

My GF misses the Ziti Sisters terribly, myself I miss the UK World Showcase Players performances.

The only times I saw the Ziti Sisters they were a total miss for me, but the cast was lots of former comedy warehouse actors so I’m sure they were great when they were on.

I REALLY miss world showcase players and the fife and drum Corp.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom