Engagement 2012

powlessfamily4

Original Poster
So my son proposed to his girlfriend last week at Magic Kingdom. It was her first trip to WDW and we were taking a family vacation. My son approached me aout 2 months ago asking if he could bring her on the trip because he wanted to propose. We arrived at Pop! around noon that day and took off to the MK. Around 6:00 PM the temperature had dropped quite a bit so we headed back to the room for hoodies.
To make a long story short, the buses were late and when we arrived at the park wishes had already started. We rushed through bag check and the ticket turnstyles. When we cleared the tunnel he told her we really need to be in front of that castle for you to appreciate this. I saw him throw her over his shoulder and start his way down Main Street dodging strollers, scooters and throngs of people. My daughter and I headed up to the top of the train Depot to finish watching Wishes.

When it was over, I waited at the train station for them. They were both very happy and she showed me her ring and announced she had said "Yes". Her ring was her great Grandmothers. Her grandmother had given it to my son when he had explained to her family what he had planned. He told me he waited until the finale of wishes and then dropped to his knee. He said everyone said "oooohhhh" and then congratulated them.

We went into townhall to request "Just Engaged" buttons and were pulled to the side by Disney CMs. They said they were clearing the room with the princesses and would like to offer an engagment photoshoot with Belle, Aurora and Cinderella. We said Yes! They took about 15 pictures. It was a lot of fun and the princesses even hammed it up for the cameras a little.

It was by far a Disney "Wow" moment for us! The wedding is scheduled for June 24th.

picture.php

Raychul

Aww, I love reading things like this!!

Ever since I was a little girl, I have dreamt about getting engaged at WDW, so I love to live through others and read about their experiences. :)

Send them my congrats!!! :)

Goofytech9

This is really cool! Congrats to him! I would be freaking out if I would have not gotten there at time. But they were really lucky and once again Congrats! I hope one day to be able to do this to a lovely girl who loves Disney as much as me!

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom