End of generic Disney Parks bags?

FerretAfros

If you actually read the article, this only applies to grocery, drug store, liquor and gas stations. Retail stores at the mall and elsewhere will continue to offer bags which is what Disney falls under. This is what it is like already in LA County who had their own ban in place at the beginning of the year.

So no there won't be any change.
Washington, DC has had a similar law for a few years now, and there has also been no change at retail stores there. The only place I see it getting a little dicey would be at the candy stores on Main Street, Buena Vista Street, and DTD, but that's a fairly specific situation since they sell mainly consumable goods

TP2000

If you actually read the article, this only applies to grocery, drug store, liquor and gas stations. Retail stores at the mall and elsewhere will continue to offer bags which is what Disney falls under. This is what it is like already in LA County who had their own ban in place at the beginning of the year.

You aren't seriously expecting people to read a brief news article to help understand the issue at hand, are you? Stop it! :D

People routinely vote for US President based on a snazzy three word slogan, without any investigation of the person or his specific positions on key issues. You certainly can't expect people to read a few paragraphs about a West Coast plastic bag ban to prevent them from jumping to the conclusion that Disney Parks shopping bags in Orlando will be changing.

Last edited:

TP2000

Amusingly DLR gets that. Stores like Vault 28 have their own custom bags (nice thick paper ones, rope handles, etc at that).

There are several TDA-operated stores at Disneyland Resort that have their own bags, and they are quite lavish. Club 33 also has it's own branded bags for souvenirs and take-home leftovers.

mMy6WhrgadtxRRdieKvJsGg.jpg

Mouse_Trap

Any attempt to reduce the use of plastic bags just used once is a good things though, hope all the states introduce such policies.

Normally I hate nanny state type policies, but when I see the difference it has made in some parts of the UK. England is the last part of the UK to introduce it a charge (comes into force in 12 months), Wales did so first 3 years ago. There a charge of around $0.08 (5p) was introduced for each bag (only exemptions are for unpackaged food and medical prescriptions). Whilst retailers are required to charge, they are encouraged to pass on the monies to charites, iirc without exception all major stores do this. Since it's introduction, the use of plastic bags has fallen by around 90-95% and significant sums of money are being earned for charities.

It's a rare example of winners all round.

DManRightHere

I think Disney is OK. They are heavy duty bags and I can easily see them as "reusable plastic bags". There is a lot of info on their bags about recycling or reusing I think.

The question is do they HAVE to charge for them??

I'm not opposed to banning plastic bags, people will learn to bring bags. We have a grocery store that only sells bags and let you take boxes (all products are stacked in boxes) people tend to bring their own bags.

I also think this can go like the $1 coins. The bills only last a few years, the coins 30 years. Just get rid of one or the other and stop trying to push people to the coin!

Jon81uk

If they were Magical Bags +, they'd have RFID chips to track contents and interect on you attraction experiences. "Princesses can ask if you bought the hat as a gift to them!", "Mickey points out that he prefers cookies to the milk chocolate you bought as he's lactose intolerant."

I actually think this is almost a neat idea. They technically could already do this if you pay with a magic band. How neat would it be if you ate at a Chef Mickey's then visited him on Main Street and Mixkey asked if you enjoyed his cooking.
I am sure if they tried Disney can do A LOT with magicbands and FP+ is only the beginning.

Nmoody1

Original Poster

well I was wondering as Disney Store in San Francisco uses paper bags.

CDavid

If only they could remake these bags.....If only.....
1980s-disney-bag.jpg
CC_Walt-Disney-World-Epcot-Center-Orlando-Florida-souvenir-bag-1982.jpg

And did you ever notice the 2 Gangsters Shooting guns on this bag on the bottom right side?......Just....Magical isn't?
WDWShopping89.jpg

We probably shouldn't give them ideas by suggesting we like these designs. They'll create a limited production run and sell us the paper bags for $17.95. :facepalm:

Now, if they wanted to use this sort of nostalgia in their Florida theme parks...

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom