Enchanted Tiki Room

danyoung56

Both attractions share the same building and my hunch is that this is a long term plan to FORCE reduced popularity and eventually replace them both. WDW management does these things.

Sorry, but I think this is just dumb. Why would Disney handicap a show to make people NOT like it? If they want to take something out, they'll take it out. Witness Mr. Toad - lots of commotion from fans to keep it, but Disney took it out anyway. Same thing with Horizons, and more recently with Maelstrom. Disney has a long history of doing whatever they want, regardless of what the public wants. If they wanted The Tiki Room or the Country Bear Jamboree gone, they'd be gone.

I agree completely. When taking a newb we ask them to go into that mindset and imagine they have never seen AAs before. Still, it could brought up to date by returning to the restaurant concept with a bit of Turtle Talk type real time interaction.

Goofyernmost

Sorry, but I think this is just dumb. Why would Disney handicap a show to make people NOT like it? If they want to take something out, they'll take it out. Witness Mr. Toad - lots of commotion from fans to keep it, but Disney took it out anyway. Same thing with Horizons, and more recently with Maelstrom. Disney has a long history of doing whatever they want, regardless of what the public wants. If they wanted The Tiki Room or the Country Bear Jamboree gone, they'd be gone.
If you are familiar with his history... so did Walt. He trusted his own instincts and not what the public thought they wanted. I'm not sure that the current management has that same insightful ability, but, we can dream can't we?

DarthMileZ

Original Poster
I get it, i was clapping and jigging in my seat, everyone around me looked miserable.

actually in fact everyone seemed to be miserable during my trip.

magic kingdom HAS lost a little magic recently.

cornandacobb

We saw if 2 days ago in the front row. One 13 year old-ish boy put his hands over his ears and buried his head in his lap for 85% of the show. A few seats down a father of two fell asleep....his head kept falling and jerking back up.

Weather_Lady

The Enchanted Tiki room is a charming throwback to an earlier time, but well worth its place in the Magic Kingdom. Will it knock your socks off with its amazing special effects, or have you jumping out of your seat? No, but in my opinion not every attraction needs to do that in order to provide worthwhile entertainment.

My children (then aged 4 and 6) saw the Enchanted Tiki Room for the first time right after their inaugural rides on BTMRR and POTC, and I worried that it would be an anticlimactic flop. To the contrary, it was, and remains, one of their absolute favorite attractions in all of Disney World. Fun songs and good storytelling, however subtle, don't go out of style.

Last edited:

JohnD

Not everything needs to be a thrill a minute. MK has these type of attractions scattered all over MK: Tiki Room, Country Bears, HoP, Mickey's Philarmagic, CoP.

For anyone visiting during the heat of summer, you'll be glad it's there for a little whimsical entertainment or experiencing a classic while you cool off.

BrianV

It is perhaps my favorite attraction. As a kid it was what I wanted to see. Then there were the dark ages with Iago. The renovated version is a good reminder of what it used to be. Can't wait to see in DL next year when I go. Honestly that might be what I want to see most, along with some of the other lost classics of wdw.

WondersOfLife

Blink, blink. Breathe, breathe. Day in, day out.
Much like how Universal doesn't have a problem getting rid of THEIR classics for bigger better attractions such as Twister, Jaws, Back to the Future, Ect.

If Disney feels the need that these attractions have to go, then they'll go. Luckily they DON'T feel the need for this currently, I guess. Which is a good thing. :)

WEDwaydatamover

I have to admit- as much of a low point the Under New Management show was, I really enjoyed the Uh-Oa Goddess of Disaster!

I wish she could find a new home in Adventureland. Maybe in a plaid tour guide skirt and "D" lapel. An official AA greeter (barker bird type) at the entrance to Adventureland.

I would also like to see this done with the Timekeeper and 9 eyes in Tomorrowland.

Use your imagination.

Missymoe4

We saw if 2 days ago in the front row. One 13 year old-ish boy put his hands over his ears and buried his head in his lap for 85% of the show. A few seats down a father of two fell asleep....his head kept falling and jerking back up.

Sounds typical of a 13 year old and a tired father. A cool place on a hot day is bound to make anyone sleepy. Good songs and a semi-calm environment? I think I could take a nap there, too. But I'm way too excited to close my eyes. I don't want to miss a single moment.

BrianV

I have to admit- as much of a low point the Under New Management show was, I really enjoyed the Uh-Oa Goddess of Disaster!

I wish she could find a new home in Adventureland. Maybe in a plaid tour guide skirt and "D" lapel. An official AA greeter (barker bird type) at the entrance to Adventureland.

I would also like to see this done with the Timekeeper and 9 eyes in Tomorrowland.

Use your imagination.
My kids first experience there was the abomination. Unfortunately they kind of liked it. #parentingfail

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom