News 'Encanto' and 'Indiana Jones'-themed experiences at Animal Kingdom

BrianLo

Reflecting on it a bit more, a trackless ride does make sense for the Casita... but exploring it on foot makes even more sense. It did raise the question if the Casita was just the ride, what exactly was going to the be queue?

So I think we'll cleverly wind between various rooms and ultimately board in Antonio's room, which honestly isn't that bad of a decision. As mentioned it gives more potential for the ride to be an Animal Kingdom 'ride'. It also gives a ton of potential for another stellar queue, which is their recent M.O.

Karakasa

No. According to trusted insiders, no more dinosaurs.

raptor-sad.gif

Tragic. Mourning it is! I knew from skimming they wouldn't be re-using any of the AAs but missed the "no dinosaurs at all" bit. Well, thanks for the heads up. I know some people might find it laughable but this stuff's hitting me Maelstrom, Great Movie Ride and Splash Mountain hit people.

I love all the new additions I'm hearing about (Lion King ride, Encanto ride, animal exhibits, there mere idea of a new IJ ride), but as a dino guy, this sucks. So much. Maybe lowercase-d dinosaur fans'll get a semi-bone thrown at us and IJ will involve a super-cool Quetzalcoatl/Kukulkan AA or something like that. A winged feathered snake isn't a dinosaur but it could have like, the head of one or something... I dunno.

As per the Encanto ride, my guess is the Casita itself will be the queue and then the ride will be mostly in Antonio's room. It'd be weird to me if it explored too much of the other rooms because they don't have much to do with animals. If Rohde's involved I can't see them doing just a "tour of the house" ride in AK itself.

MerlinTheGoat

I hadn't considered that the pink river might be a flume for a boat ride. Then again, there's no telling if Disney had even been considering making this a water based attraction back when this art was made (they didn't add any boats to that river in the art). Wonder if the ride will even travel outside, might be a fully indoor experience.

Wonder what the ride length will end up being. Hopefully closer to or above 10 minutes rather than the mostly pitifully short ones they've been churning out for a long time now.

ThemeParkTraveller

Wonder what the ride length will end up being. Hopefully closer to or above 10 minutes rather than the mostly pitifully short ones they've been churning out for a long time now.

I would be surprised if Encanto was that long. I believe the last time Disney built a new 10+ minute attraction was Sindbad at TDS in 2001. Since then, the longest new E-ticket they've built is Pirates at SDL, which lasts around 8 minutes.

Brer Panther

I think another question with Encanto is whether it features the soundtrack, or at least modified versions of those tunes. The music is such large part of that film’s success
I'd be shocked if it didn't.
So the Encanto attraction is a boat ride centered on Antonio? That’s certainly…a choice.
Is there any actual proof that it's gonna be focused on Antonio? That just seems to be a justification for Encanto being in Animal Kingdom that I've seen on here.
Let's hope they avoid the worse case scenario of just building Frozen Ever After, but with Encanto characters and songs.
I fully expect that's what they'll do.

ToTBellHop

I hadn't considered that the pink river might be a flume for a boat ride. Then again, there's no telling if Disney had even been considering making this a water based attraction back when this art was made (they didn't add any boats to that river in the art). Wonder if the ride will even travel outside, might be a fully indoor experience.

I think it’s actually rather likely that they plopped down an Encanto water ride on a plot designed to fit a Moana boat ride.

jpeden

In the Parks
No
So, if this was going in MK I would 100% agree it should be a mystic manor style LPS that explores the casita and re-tells the story.

But in this case I really think not book reporting the movie and working to try and tie the IP into the theme of AK is the right call. I’m excited for this and while I’m really sad to lose Dinosaur (it’s my favorite ride outside of BTMRR) I’m excited to hear the Indy re-theme will be unique and not a copy and paste of the DL version with an attempt to make it fit with AK as well.

Based on Iger’s IP mandate this is probably the best case scenario that any fan can hope for until he’s no longer helming the company.

In the Parks
No
So, if this was going in MK I would 100% agree it should be a mystic manor style LPS that explores the casita and re-tells the story.

But in this case I really think not book reporting the movie and working to try and tie the IP into the theme of AK is the right call. I’m excited for this and while I’m really sad to lose Dinosaur (it’s my favorite ride outside of BTMRR) I’m excited to hear the Indy re-theme will be unique and not a copy and paste of the DL version with an attempt to make it fit with AK as well.

Based on Iger’s IP mandate this is probably the best case scenario that any fan can hope for until he’s no longer helming the company.
I'm hopeful for Indy because of what @PREMiERdrum has said, but it's going to be hard to get past the fact that the track layout is the same. We all know there's an UP at the beginning and a DOWN at the end (honestly, I have almost every motion of the track memorized in between as well), so it's going to lack a bit of the spontaneity I look forward to in a NEW ride. That's another reason I dislike rethemes.

ChewbaccaYourMum

I don't count preshows and queues in actual ride time. They can be part of the experience, but I'm only counting the time you sit down in a vehicle and begin moving.
Personally, that's why I don't count Rise as a ride. I know it might sound silly, but Rise is an experience. It all has to work together to fully grasp it.

Whenever people ask what are my favorite rides on property, I don't even think about Rise as an answer. If I think about the part of Rise where you sit in the vehicle and then get out, it's not even that great of a ride. It needs the whole experience.

Haunted Mansion is a little similar to this with it's amazing preshow, but IMO that ride (sit in Doom Buggy-Step out of Doom Buggy) can stand on it's own.

I don't know if this is a flaw or greatness with Rise, but just how I look at it.

sedati

Is there any actual proof that it's gonna be focused on Antonio? That just seems to be a justification for Encanto being in Animal Kingdom that I've seen on here.
Disney is fond of giving us "our" Encanto experience vs the experience of the established characters. What if we find out we're relatives of the Madrigal's and have our very own door to open? The possibilities are more open than many think.

Same with Indy, this won't be a rehash of one of his adventures, this will be the adventure we had WITH Indiana Jones.

MerlinTheGoat

U don't count the transport? I think it's all integral to the experience
No, It's part of the preshow/queue. I never said it wasn't integral to the experience. I said it isn't part of the ride. What the poster above you said about Haunted Mansion is a pretty apt analogy. The stretching room and other areas are also integral to the experience, but they are not where the ride itself starts. The ride starts when you sit down inside of the main moving vehicle.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom