News 'Encanto' and 'Indiana Jones'-themed experiences at Animal Kingdom

MisterPenguin

President of Animal Kingdom
Premium Member
All they need to do is put one dinosaur in Indy and change the silhouette of the dragon to match the “dragon” from Avatar.

DAK Blue2.png

MisterPenguin

President of Animal Kingdom
Premium Member
Beyond that it’s dark, disorientating and lacks a musical score. It completely turns off a very core dinosaur demographic (little kids).

Imo it would be easier for them to redo the dinosaur ride and make it a little more family friendly and without needing a chiropractor when it’s over. The loud dark rough scare factor is what hurts its appeal to some (I like it but I get why some don’t). A dinosaur section of the park belongs at AK way more than Indy and Encanto

I would love to ride DINOSAUR over and over again if the ride wasn't so rough to the point of being damned annoying. As it is, I just pretend it doesn't exist.

The sad thig is Energy Adventure was a good way for kids to see Dinos on a ride in an immersive environment with no height requirement. Anyone under 40 inches or someone not wanting mild thrills is seeing no Dinosaurs at WDW unless they pop in or have dining at T-rex Cafe.
Dinosaurs have nothing to do with energy. That's the sad thing from a supposedly "edutainment" ride.

But far be for me to ever be critical of Disney rides, pixie dusting shill that I am. Have I ever told you how I feel about the Nemo ride...

mickEblu

It would be a huge waste of a great IP. I really can’t think of anything I’d rather immediately transitioning behind Big Thunder (that is a IP, which is a requirement) than Coco.

MK would hugely benefit from the cuisine boost.

Huge waste. I think a Coco dark ride at DCA would be big hit for a few reasons…

1. Guest Demographic
2. Park desperately needs more dark rides
3. IP lends itself very well to a dark ride (particularly a suspended one)
4. It would feel organic at the park due to Plaza de la Familia every year
5. They have a land called Pixar Pier

Just put a Coco ride in DCA/ Mk or Epcot.

Last edited:

yensidtlaw1969

I’d love to see them simply improve dinoland and since technically we have no official confirmation from Disney on anything at this point, I’m holding out a tiny bit of hope that dinosaur will stay. But I know I’m likely wrong.
The ship seems so have sailed, I'm afraid.

Thankfully, what's coming seems to be exciting.

And I say that as someone who also thinks the answer to DinoLand's problems is to just make a better DinoLand.

Bocabear

Honestly how hard would it be to clone the mine cart ride from DLP, obviously its not the smoothest but Intamin has come a long way. Plus it would give AK one more attraction to its lineup, ever since losing Primeval Whirl, AK only has 1 coaster.
The Indiana Jones Mine Cart coaster is about 1 minute and 20 seconds from start to brake run... and honestly not that great...a longer coaster with some great show sets and animatronics would be fantastic though... I remember going on the DLP Mine cart ride...I was very excited to ride it and then realize that basically it is a small footprint amusement park ride with a little bit of theming here and there....and so short... Well, Oaken's Sliding Sleighs seems to be the winner at about 53 seconds....

yensidtlaw1969

Honestly how hard would it be to clone the mine cart ride from DLP, obviously its not the smoothest but Intamin has come a long way. Plus it would give AK one more attraction to its lineup, ever since losing Primeval Whirl, AK only has 1 coaster.

The Indiana Jones Mine Cart coaster is about 1 minute and 20 seconds from start to brake run... and honestly not that great...a longer coaster with some great show sets and animatronics would be fantastic though... I remember going on the DLP Mine cart ride...I was very excited to ride it and then realize that basically it is a small footprint amusement park ride with a little bit of theming here and there....and so short... Well, Oaken's Sliding Sleighs seems to be the winner at about 53 seconds....

DLP's Indy coaster also has a loop, and what I believe is the highest height requirement of any Disney attraction. So not especially kid-friendly in a park that could use more kid-friendly attractions.

Not that they couldn't do a new version that's more accomodating on that front, but I also don't personally have any indication that Disney is considering any coasters for AK.

DisneyDean97

DLP's Indy coaster also has a loop, and what I believe is the highest height requirement of any Disney attraction. So not especially kid-friendly in a park that could use more kid-friendly attractions.

Not that they couldn't do a new version that's more accomodating on that front, but I also don't personally have any indication that Disney is considering any coasters for AK.
I'm aware of the loop, but wouldn't be against Animal Kingdom being a little more on the thrill side for its lineup. Although I do see a glaring gap in the park's lineup with no family or kiddie coaster. It's either Everest or nothing. Long live the Excavator coaster I guess lol

yensidtlaw1969

The ship seems so have sailed, I'm afraid.

Thankfully, what's coming seems to be exciting.

And I say that as someone who also thinks the answer to DinoLand's problems is to just make a better DinoLand.
Quoting myself to clarify - I don't want anyone to misread my post and think I was suggesting the DinoLand redo will retain any Dino-ness. As far as I know it won't. But what they are doing seems exciting enough for me to lay down my spade over losing the Dinos.

Last edited:

MrPromey

I mean, I don’t feel like updating the actress for the preshow is probably worth the money, in disneys eyes. It works and gets the point across, and it’s very likely many younger riders have no idea who it is anyway, just a generic character in the preshow. Again, not everything has to be tied to a recognizable movie, IP, actress whatever.

But I will say I do wish the attraction received more regular TLC and general updates over the years instead of being neglected.
It's not so much about the actress herself but the fact that she's got a dated hair style and is wearing a very dated power-suit but presenting a supposedly futuristic product/service.

Really, doing it with footage of anyone who can act to create footage that doesn't look almost 30 years old is what I'm talking about.

I mean, Gina Torres, the actress they replaced Gary Sinise with In Mission Space wasn't exactly a complete nobody at the time but I think a lot of people who weren't fans of the short-lived Firefly series probably wouldn't know her.

It could have basically been anyone capable of delivering the lines credibly and I think the same applies, here.

Last edited:

HauntedPirate

Park nostalgist
Premium Member

IF they were to do an Indy coaster at AK, I would hope they could borrow some of the queue theming from Paris, make it even better, and then have a coaster that doesn't have inversions to provide a more family-friendly ride but yet still be thrilling. Disney is all about thrills these days... at least if you listen to their advertisements about "Disney thrills". ;)

HauntedPirate

Park nostalgist
Premium Member
It's not so much about the actress herself but the fact that she's got a dated hair style and is wearing a very dated power-suit but presenting a supposedly futuristic product/service.

Really, doing it with footage of anyone who can act to create footage that doesn't look almost 30 years old is what I'm talking about.

So someone's hairstyle and clothing in a pre-show for an attraction (that is still good but needs TLC) looks "dated"?

The AAs and puppets need work, not the pre-show. It still sets up the current ride perfectly.

Last edited:

MrPromey

So someone's hairstyle and clothing in a pre-show for an attraction (that is still good but needs TLC) looks "dated"?

I Dont Morgan Freeman GIF

The AAs and puppets need work, not the pre-show. It still sets up the current ride perfectly.

🙄

Yeah, already covered that in my original post the other person was responding to, but thanks.

My point was, if the ride seems dated and in bad shape today, it's Disney's fault for not maintaining it and making the minor updates that might be needed to keep it looking fresh.

HauntedPirate

Park nostalgist
Premium Member
🙄

Yeah, already covered that in my original post the other person was responding to, but thanks.

My point was, if the ride seems dated and in bad shape today, it's Disney's fault for not maintaining it and making the minor updates that might be needed to keep it looking fresh.

Ah. My bad. Too much going on right now to keep anything straight.

There is so much on the list of "Things that need work"... *sigh*. So glad they scratched "Fix Splash Mountain AA's" off that list. :facepalm:

MrPromey

I know nostalgia rules supreme with Disney fandom...

But this plan looks so much better and more fitting in AK than Dinoland, even with IPs

Really?

So to make sure I'm understanding you, you think a land based on Encanto and Indiana Jones is a better fit than one about Dinosaurs in a theme park about animals and nature?

Not arguing that whole area isn't in need of work but I'd love to know how this direction away from the focus that has been the overarching theme of the park makes more sense.

Please explain how that works.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom