News 'Encanto' and 'Indiana Jones'-themed experiences at Animal Kingdom

Cmdr_Crimson

Well, this makes this logo much more extinct with myth and dinos being removed..
831800b34e1e71a7a3e4e0433a999806.png

flyerjab

So is the rumor that there would be a Mystic Manor type Encanto ride? I’ve seen it mentioned a few times here but is that something they discussed?
No. I was one that mentioned it. But when you think of the Mystic Manor ride, and how the house in Encanto is ‘alive’, and the brother has magic that links him to animals and the other girl that can grow flowers, it made some sense.

Henry Mystic

Author of "A Manor of Fact"
Last year's Moana/Zootopia land was garbage. I think we are seeing Bruce Vaughn shine a little here with this new land. I am sure he came in last year and set those lost Imagineers straight. Nice to have someone back in the regime to be able to course correct and fight for some of the values of the past. That is my guess at least. The use of existing buildings, pathways, and such is a clear budget saver but more importantly, means we get this land done a little faster. But still talking Q4 2026 at very best.

You have to look at all this with a different eye. We are getting the land of South America. Encanto and Indy just happen to be visitors and residents. A South American land goes perfect with Asia, Africa, and the rest of DAK. I just hope the go more authentic with the town with all this than lean towards "this is the town of Encanto". Giving us multiple animal exhibits and displays is a must. Keep with AK tradition and make sure it is immersive and feels like you are in South America.

We all know we are only going to get 99.5% of IP driven things from this company in the future. I dislike the percentage but at least we get new things. With proper people in place at Imagineering, it will all be ok. Encanto makes sense for the land and I would bet all my Disney Dollars that this would be a Mystic Manor clone. The story fits with the land and the land fits in AK. Indy is perfect IMHO as well as he is an explores of the region and it uses the same ride system. I expect an updated story and not 100% direct clone. Mara will be something South American lore related and the current queue will be more like the temple at Tokyo's Indy for the height but just on a smaller scale.

Do I think this is perfect in every way? No. Is this the best possible outcome for this future area. For sure. This has me smiling a bit more for the future of Imagineering.
I think that's what is notable here, and why I'm so pleased with these plans.

It is a South America land that just happens to have Indy and Encanto rides that thematically fit.

Not: Encanto & Indiana Jones mini-lands shoehorned next to each other with no placemaking.

If it was indeed Bruce Vaughn, wow do I love this guy.
Can say with a bit of certainty that animals will be involved in this new area, people are being contacted to assist with the animal programming
I think the last time I was this excited for a project was Galaxy's Edge's announcement in 2015.

GoofGoof

Premium Member

It is a South America land that just happens to have Indy and Encanto rides that thematically fit.

Not: Encanto & Indiana Jones mini-lands shoehorned next to each other with no placemaking.

I think the last time I was this excited for a project was Galaxy's Edge's announcement in 2015.
Yes, this exactly. Asia is a well themed land featuring appropriate animal exhibits and shops/restaurants to fit in the land and also features Everest and Kali which are both good rides that fit well into the area even though neither is a direct animal experience. The fact that Encanto and Indy are IPs doesn’t mean they cannot fit into an overall land based on tropical Americas.

Disney Analyst

Good point. It’s nice to see a new land that has a broad theme, that they can plug appropriate IP into, vs single IP lands, which I find… not appropriate most times.

flyerjab

You and I are on the same page. Last year’s blue sky talk with Moana and Zootopia right on top of one another made no sense to me.

This makes sense, and Vaughn new how to present it. The message was not IP heavy, it was presented as ‘we are adding a new land to DAK, representing the lands of the central and South Americas.’ Just perfect! And if animals and conservation are present, what a win! I mean, the rain forest exists in this climate zone. Would be a real miss if that isn’t referenced or included.

The bonus could also be a great Encanto dark ride plus an Indy adventure. And as @GoofGoof said, bring on the chilled monkey brains!

Henry Mystic

Author of "A Manor of Fact"
Good point. It’s nice to see a new land that has a broad theme, that they can plug appropriate IP into, vs single IP lands, which I find… not appropriate most times.
Beyond me just loving Halloween and the vibes these IPs give off, that's a big reason why I love Monsters Universe as a concept at Epic Universe and the Villains Land at MK.

Last edited:

TheMaxRebo

So is the rumor that there would be a Mystic Manor type Encanto ride? I’ve seen it mentioned a few times here but is that something they discussed?

Nothing with any credence - just the ride system would be perfect for the Madrigal house (a house that comes alive)

So more wishful thinking than anything

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom