Empty Epcot?

Timekeeper

Raindrops Keep Falling On My Head

Rain often discourages the tourist groups and gets them to leave early. Floridians know that this is the best time to go (if you don't mind a little water.) Also, many people went out of their way to travel for the 4th of July weekend, so this week may be considered a "refractory period for tourism."

Tk

wdwcrazy

The rain does drive crowds down. I saw the second Fantasmic after a day of rain and only two sections were full. I don't mind the rain as long as the crowds leave. :D

Debbie

If the park was empty; then how long was the line at Test Track? I refuse to wait more than 60 minutes for anything. I'd much rather go back to my resort and enjoy It.

wdwcrazy

No actually park attendance has generally been up especially since 9/11. Crowds were huge at Magic Kingdom and lines were pretty long as well. I think that park attendance is up, but with the weather and rain people tend to leave early. We just put on our ponchos and keep going! :D

Don L Duck

I noticed that the attendence was down in all the parks and the people that were there tended to gravitate towards the big rides.
There were waits of up to an hour at Splash Mtn.,Thunder Mtn.,Test Track RNR,TOT, ETC.

tarabl

We were there middle of June and noticed all the parks were light on attendance except Magic Kingdom. This was even during that really rainy period of time. It was quite nice not to have to contend with long lines. Magic Kingdom was the only place line were in abundance but even at that they were managable.

Geordi

On several trips to WDW during the fall and spring, I made a point of asking one of the CMs what the daily counts were like... Disappointing to say the least.

During both seasons, weekday crowds in MK were around 9-10K, Epcot was about 5K Weekend crowds were better, 12K for MK and 7-9K for Epcot. Epcot seemed to be getting the higher numbers in the spring, especially for the garden festival.

I didn't ask about AK or MGM, didn't really think to. MK and Epcot are kinda the standard by which the crowd is measured, as everybody tries to do MK at least once during their trip.

Crowds are definetly coming back tho. On each of the trips I have made this year, I have not gotten NEAR TT even once! There has always been a 60 minute+ queue, even 120 minutes once. Thats insane, if you ask me.

--Jim

dponisci

i work as a travel agent on the side and we recently received word that disney hotels are finally returning to normal in terms of capacity since 9/11. i know for a fact our agency is getting busier with more and more people wanting to get away, especially to disney. so hopefully this will continue. however, when pop century opens, it will be interesting to see how the hotels do and if they continue to run at normal capacity.

RobFL

Account Suspended
Test Track stayed at 60-70 mins most of the day.

A woman asked me "If Test Track always such a long wait this time of day?" And i replied...

"No, normally its a 120 minute wait or longer..."

She just stared at me for a while.

-Rob

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom