Empty Attraction Experiences

SamPR810

I always love these moments; but I'm finding them to be rarer and rarer (probably due to the time of year we end up going).

I remember during a 2007 Christmas party, during the shows or parade, having the folks at Splash let us ride 3 times without getting off. It was 4 of us as teens, every time we'd get back to the loading area and no one was there they'd let us go again! We of course ended up soaked head to toe and in the low 40's, our mothers were ed when we ended up with colds.

A few years later we had similar happen with BTMRR, but there were 7 of us and it may be due to a family member flirting with the ride attendants (up for debate, lol); but we did 3 back-to-back rides without getting up.

Finally,my favorite one was a few years ago, where during the fireworks I got to ride Jungle Cruise twice. Early into the 1st trip around the cast member realized I knew the whole bit and we just ended up talking the whole time. We actually had a lot common and she was very kind/polite. I always kicked myself for not getting her number, I could see her and I becoming fast friends.

Hank Hill

One morning we had an early ADR at the Contemporary, we got to the TTC and the monorail wasn't running so we went to the boat, they said they would get us there in time. We sat for 10 or so minutes but not one other person came. So the boat went across the lake with only 3 passengers and we got to our reservation on time.

Robbiem

Back in 1999 my brother and I were the last people on small world. We rode round the ride on an empty boat and the only other person we saw was a cast member in the last boat behind us. After we got out the cast members cheered us up the ramp. Very happy memories especially now he isn’t here anymore

Occasional Guest

My daughter and I did Laugh Floor as our last attraction with a very late Extra Magic hours. Total of 4 people in the theater. Not sure how but we filled the can. The jokes started skewing toward PG and the Monsters were a little on the punchy side. We still laugh at "well this is awkward, I'm just going to stand here and wait for the trap door to open."

Club Cooloholic

Have ridden Small World a few times with next to nobody in the boats, and I have fond memories of taking the kids for one last spin on Heimlich's Chew Chew in Disneyland and having the train to ourselves right before closing.

macefamily

We rarely stay onsite at WDW, but I do remember we stayed at the Hilton near Disney Springs which qualified us to participate in the Extra Magic Hours. It was early December, and Magic Kingdom had the EMH's. I remember that it was after midnight and we were walking down Main Street. It was eerie how it looked in comparison to the normal crowds. We rode Pirate's and I had an entire car to myself. We really soaked the experience in. I doubt you can do that again unless it's really bad weather. I also remember another year when we went to the Mickey's Christmas Party, but it rained for two days straight. We still decided to go that night and the crowds were light. When you walked up Main Street the water was up to your ankles. I recall walking through Buzz Lightyear five or six times and just walking right onto the ride.

Darkzeid25

Being the only ones on a boat from MK to Wilderness Lodge to have breakfast at Whispering Canyon. Felt really private being the only ones on the boat.

John park hopper

May 2017 we were at EPCOT for the EH we rode Soarin repeatedly walk right on, the last ride before they shut it down for the night we were the only ones on our row of seats. The wife had me ride it 5 times --- I think she likes Soarin

Minnesota disney fan

We haven't experienced this at WDW, but did one time at Universal. We love MIB, and we would get off the ride and walk all the way back to the entrance. A nice TM saw us and also saw my husband limping. She took us to the elevator which let us off right where the ride starts. She said to use this every time we wanted to ride so we didn't have to walk all the way outside to the entrance. This was so nice, and helped my husband a lot. He has nerve damage in his leg and limps quite a bit.
We must have rode MIB 5 times in a row; lots of fun especially when I finally found out the secret to a big score!!

Moresmapdi

MNSSHP this year the night before the hurricane (Labor Day night). For Small World and Splash Mountain I walked the entire way to the boarding area by myself and had boats (and a few before and after) to myself. The same night Space Mountain walked the entire cue to find nobody in front of me. Also looped people mover 3 times on two different occasions that night.

juniorthomas

Back in the day, when EMH was first introduced, taking the time to ride and re-ride BTMRR with no line. Same with Space Ranger Spin (on a different trip, though). Those rides are fun as it is, but being able to experience them with zero wait time was truly special. The CMs letting us on the rides seemed to get a kick out of how happy we were.

Lew_sir

During EMH at the Magic Kingdom last November, there was almost no one there, so I decided it was the perfect time to convince my mother-in-law to ride The Barnstormer. She doesn't like roller coasters, but I assured her this was barely a roller coaster, and we could just walk right on, so why not try it? Turns out it was still too much of a roller coast for my mother-in-law! I just had to laugh, it took us longer to walk the queue than to ride the ride, but still too much!

Scoots71

Once when I was young we were on Splash Mountain at the end of the day. My sister and I rode 3 straight times and the CMs did not make us leave the boat since there was no one in line.

In 2013, rode Pirates by myself on the boat. Got through the queue at 10:59 before an 11pm closing. It was surreal, especially through the attack on the fort scene.

Littleclown

About 5 years ago I and my wife were 2 of the 6 people on Soarin. It was during Illuminations just before the park closed and yes they ran it with only 6 people. Best ride on that ride ever.

DeVilbissL

What are your most memorable empty attraction experiences?
Mine was 2 weeks ago, at MK, during MVMCP. We were in Liberty Square around 11:00 pm, and with everyone gathered near the castle for the parade, there was no one around. The line for HM was completely empty, so we walk right up and directly into the Foyer that had a grand total of 1 person in it, and I think we startled her a bit. By the time we were in the stretching room, there were about 10 of us, but we were the first out when the door opened, and first to get into our doombuggy. It was so eerie during the entire ride, looking ahead and seeing only empty doombuggies. It was probably the only time where I've ever been on a ride and literally felt like we had it all to ourselves.
A few years ago, my wife, daughter, and I were the only riders on one of the huge cars for EPCOT's Ellen's Energy Adventure. It was fun but sad, as this was indicative of why the ride closed down. It's sad how EPCOT has had to turn away from educating guests in order to keep the mindless interested.

What are your most memorable empty attraction experiences?
Mine was 2 weeks ago, at MK, during MVMCP. We were in Liberty Square around 11:00 pm, and with everyone gathered near the castle for the parade, there was no one around. The line for HM was completely empty, so we walk right up and directly into the Foyer that had a grand total of 1 person in it, and I think we startled her a bit. By the time we were in the stretching room, there were about 10 of us, but we were the first out when the door opened, and first to get into our doombuggy. It was so eerie during the entire ride, looking ahead and seeing only empty doombuggies. It was probably the only time where I've ever been on a ride and literally felt like we had it all to ourselves.
I was on property six days after 9-11. Every ride was empty. This further emphasized the atrocities of that time. But a great Disney experience none
the less.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom