Emporium to get new store layout in early June

Pumbas Nakasak

Heading for the great escape.
I hope they will have space to move amongst the stroller freeways then.

They should add padded walls to reduce the risk of injury. Never ever get caught between a mature :lookaroun highly motivated wifey and her target of limited edition party merchandise. Tanks cause less damage

Master Gracey 5

I'm interested to see what they do since I like the Emporium as it. Not sure they need a princess section since the store next door is girl oriented already. More Vinylmation? Sigh...

wm49rs

A naughty bit o' crumpet
Premium Member
I hope they will have space to move amongst the stroller freeways then.

They should add padded walls to reduce the risk of injury. Never ever get caught between a mature :lookaroun highly motivated wifey and her target of limited edition party merchandise. Tanks cause less damage

Well, those Nimitz-class strollers do require a wide berth.....

I'm interested to see what they do since I like the Emporium as it. Not sure they need a princess section since the store next door is girl oriented already. More Vinylmation? Sigh...

I think the "store next door" you refer to is actually part of the emporium. Within the story of MSUSA, it is an expansion of the original emporium when the owner came back from a trip to europe and decided to sell even more stuff that he purchased on his trip. If they didn't include the expansion in the reworking, you're right there would be too much princess stuff.

Master Gracey 5

I think the "store next door" you refer to is actually part of the emporium. Within the story of MSUSA, it is an expansion of the original emporium when the owner came back from a trip to europe and decided to sell even more stuff that he purchased on his trip. If they didn't include the expansion in the reworking, you're right there would be too much princess stuff.

Thanks, I didn't know the story behind that one. Its tough to separate them all when you can walk from one end of MSUSA to the other without setting foot outside :animwink:.

devoy1701

I liked it until I saw Disneyland's Emporium. Now I'm insanely jealous! Ours definitely needs a redo. Hope this works out!

rsoxguy

I would imagine that any change is better than no change. Kudos to Disney. I do wish that the shops and their merchandise were separated according to the store fronts. The Emporium always gives me the feeling that I have been inside of a Disney-themed Walmart or Target.

_Scar

Glad they're getting a DEDICATED boys section. It's so hard to look through the stores for boys stuff to begin with, so maybe Marvel and Pixar memrobilia will finally be in one spot.

Mickey_777

You didn't like the nostalgia of the almost individual store feel and the vintage looking displays, decor, and the AA Scenes they had throughout the main room???? :shrug:

Wait, there were AA's in the Emporium? I loved the vintage toys and train they had on the one end.

devoy1701

Wait, there were AA's in the Emporium? I loved the vintage toys and train they had on the one end.

weren't/aren't there? There are animated scenes on the "second story" balconies inside the main shop of the emporium in the corners and above the main checkout counter in the center on the back wall. Every couple mins one would "come to life" and you could hear the sound effects from the scenes...I thought some had AAs in them too...

TP2000

weren't/aren't there? There are animated scenes on the "second story" balconies inside the main shop of the emporium in the corners and above the main checkout counter in the center on the back wall. Every couple mins one would "come to life" and you could hear the sound effects from the scenes...I thought some had AAs in them too...

The AA's are there, you aren't imagining things. The Disneyland Emporium is set up much differently than the WDW version, much like the rest of Main Street USA is set up and operated much differently between WDW and Disneyland.

It will be interesting to see which direction they take this remodeled version of the WDW Emporium in; more like Disneyland, or more like a mall.

tink@heart

A remodel would be nice, however, I love the Emporium. You know that as you pass through into each new building that you are entering a new merchandising selection. Hopefully it will all be an improvement, not necessarily a deviation.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom