Emma Watson to Headline Beauty and the Beast ...

WDWmazprty

Original Poster
Check it out:

For all you Potter fans, here's Emmas next project.....

http://www.comingsoon.net/news/movienews.php?id=79906

Emma Watson to Headline Beauty and the Beast
Source: ComingSoon.net July 18, 2011

The eternally-busy Guillermo del Toro may have already lined-up another upcoming project. Crazy, Stupid, Love. producer Denise Di Novi told ComingSoon.net at that film's New York junket today that she's developing an adaptation of Beauty and the Beast alongside del Toro and that Emma Watson is lined up to star.

Del Toro's next film, Pacific Rim is about to head into production with a cast that includes Charlie Hunnam, Idris Elba, Charlie Day and Rinko Kikuchi. Watson, meanwhile, is coming off the record-breaking success of Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows - Part 2 and can next be seen in My Week With Marilyn later this year and The Perks of Being a Wallflower in 2012.

Details on the Beauty and the Beast project are currently few, but check back for updates as they become available.

Read more: Emma Watson to Headline Beauty and the Beast - ComingSoon.net http://www.comingsoon.net/news/movienews.php?id=79906#ixzz1STOQ371T

Malvito

Yeah, that would be weird, :lol: the Harry Potter cast does a Disney classic.

Is the Del Toro version to be a movie version of the stage version of the animated version? (Say that three times fast ...) Or is it to be a retelling of the original fairy tale? (I'm at work; can't get access to the link; our system is weird that way.)

There was a post, a while back, about a new film version of Little Mermaid, which was also unclear as to whether the new movie was to be a remake of the Disney version or a retelling of the original fairy tale? Posters on this board seem to forget that, while the Disney versions have become iconic in their own way, the tales existed before the Disney versions, and have been filmed prior to the animated classics.

CaptainShortty

So exciting! I think she's a fantastic actress. Although I do admit it will be weird to see her play Belle if she's going to be modeled after the animated version.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom