EMH Question

Dink5582

Hi,

I have been to disney twice and stayed on site both times and benefited from extra magic hours. This year I will be staying off site, can someone just confirm for me that I will not be elligible for extra magic hours and how you do become elligible?

Thanks in advance.

Rob
x

mousefan1972

Hi,

I have been to disney twice and stayed on site both times and benefited from extra magic hours. This year I will be staying off site, can someone just confirm for me that I will not be elligible for extra magic hours and how you do become elligible?

Thanks in advance.

Rob
x

Hi, the only way to be eligible to participate in EMH is to stay in a Disney resort, Shades of Green, the Hilton in Downtown Disney, or the Swan and Dolphin. :wave:

Upvote 0

tigsmom

Hi,

Thanks in advance.

Rob
x

Consider it confirmed (unless you are staying at one of the resorts mentioned above). The only way to become eligible is to change your accommodations to ones listed.

Upvote 0

Nemo14

Since you have to show your resort ID to get into morning EMH or to get the bracelet for evening EMH, you must be staying at a resort to qualify.

Upvote 0

Dink5582

Original Poster
Consider it confirmed (unless you are staying at one of the resorts mentioned above). The only way to become eligible is to change your accommodations to ones listed.

If only I could theer are 6 going and we got a fantastic deal on a villa!

2009 will see me at POR though so looking forward to that YAY Unless I decide to go somewhere other than Disney (VERRRRRRRRRRRY unlikely!!!)

Thanks everyone for your responses you confirmed what I knew was just living in hope :)

Rob
x

Upvote 0

Master Yoda

Pro Star Wars geek.
Premium Member
Since no one has mentioned this I will. If you can not use EMH it is a good idea to avoid the parks that have EMH on that particular day. This is especially true for the parks with a morning EMH.

Upvote 0

ThinkTink721

Hi,

Thanks in advance.

Rob
x
You must be staying at a WDW Resort to take advantage of the EMHs.

Upvote 0

Jeff456

Since no one has mentioned this I will. If you can not use EMH it is a good idea to avoid the parks that have EMH on that particular day. This is especially true for the parks with a morning EMH.
Is it worth taking advantage of the EMH and then parkhopping once it starts to get busy?

Upvote 0

tigsmom

Is it worth taking advantage of the EMH and then parkhopping once it starts to get busy?

Thats what we do. Be there when the gate opens, do as much as possible (or that you want to do), break fro lunch and then head out to a different park. I'm not one to follow the guide books, we just plan to do what we want and then wing it.

Upvote 0

Master Yoda

Pro Star Wars geek.
Premium Member
It can be. The one constant that I have found is that early EMH are the best. Most people on vacation do not want to get up at 6:30 to make it to a park by 7:30 so you will have that park to yourself. I have done all of Tomorrowland (COP and TTA excluded)and a good portion of Fantasyland in that hour. Late EMH can be hit or miss. I have been when the park felt more crowded that a normal day and I have been to them where MK is a ghost town.

Upvote 0

Tiggerfanatic

I have to agree. We went to AK on an evening EMH day because we had 920PM reservations @ Boma. Around 10AM, DD & I looked at each other and said "Let's get out of here!" We went back to Epcot for a few hours, headed back to the resort around 6PM for a rest, and still had plenty of time to make our dinner. Wnet back to AK for opening the next day, and pretty much was able to see everything we wanted by 2PM.

Upvote 0

MichWolv

Born Modest. Wore Off.
Premium Member

If you can make morning EMH, you'll be in good shape. For evening EMH, I have generally found it to be crowded, but not overly so, so if evening EMH lets you spend more time in parks, it's certainly worth. For example, if you're there when MK closes at 7 for a party, AK closes at 5 (normal), and the Studios close at 8:30, but Epcot has EMH until midnight, take advantage. Similarly, if you're there when MK is open until 10 and then has evening EMH, definitely give it a shot. I've found that last hour between midnight and 1 am, especially, to be a great time. But if you're talking AK EMH from 5-8....eh.

Upvote 0

Jeff456

Thanks for all your help, i think ill take advantage of some of the morning EMHs and some of the evening ones if i fancy going to a park a bit later than usual and wont expect it to be quiet!

Upvote 0

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom