EMH is broken (no wristbands)

EpcotServo

No it definetly needs to exist, Resort guests should get extra time in the parks.

No.

IT DOESN'T WORK.

All EMH does is make the park MORE crowded for everyone. Regular Guests get screwed because every resort is piling people into one park driven by the mad fervor that "EMH" means shorter lines, and resort guests get screwed because now those "shorter lines" are FULL of Resort Guests, again because they've been tricked into attending the park on this night, when I gurantee that most likely you could've arrived an hour before closing on a NON EMH night and see MUCH shorter waits than a EMH night.

If Disney was doing it right, they'd replace EMH nights with longer hours on that night for EVERYONE. The crowds would be HALVED.

It's just like Fastpass: Looks good on the outside, but when you look closer it creates much more problems than it solves. Then the evil of it: You realize that they know, but continue it because it gets people in WDW Hotel Rooms with the incentive, even though the overall guest experience would be better without it.

The cake is a lie.

There should have been posted signs that told you when and where to get the wristbands, did they not have them out? There should also be different spots in the parks to get them, I know in Epcot there are several locations so you do not have to go to the front of the park. Of course that was for EMH and if they are doing wristbands anymore, they aren't in several locations. :lol:

The wristbands have been done for awhile now, we just got back and the whole deal with the room keys was a big joke. It was a pain to keep track of your keys that way if it was in your billfold then you were taking that in and out with fear of lossing it and if the keys were in my wifes purse then you had to look all over for it. The wristbands were a pain to wait in line for but the room key deal is the biggest pain in the a$$. We also went to MVMCP and they had wristbands for that and the CM asked if you were in the park after 7:00 to see them and if you did not they helped you on your way to find the front. I wish that they would go back to wristbands for EMH. As far as to buy a lanyard disney should give you a cheap one to us for the legnth of stay to keep your room key in or give you a wristband for the lenght of stay so you do not have to get a new one all the time.

Sassagoula-Rvr

No.

IT DOESN'T WORK.

All EMH does is make the park MORE crowded for everyone. Regular Guests get screwed because every resort is piling people into one park driven by the mad fervor that "EMH" means shorter lines, and resort guests get screwed because now those "shorter lines" are FULL of Resort Guests, again because they've been tricked into attending the park on this night, when I gurantee that most likely you could've arrived an hour before closing on a NON EMH night and see MUCH shorter waits than a EMH night.

If Disney was doing it right, they'd replace EMH nights with longer hours on that night for EVERYONE. The crowds would be HALVED.

It's just like Fastpass: Looks good on the outside, but when you look closer it creates much more problems than it solves. Then the evil of it: You realize that they know, but continue it because it gets people in WDW Hotel Rooms with the incentive, even though the overall guest experience would be better without it.

The cake is a lie.

I guess we disagree but I love EMH. And if they replaced it with longer hours for everyone it would be crazy. You would have all those people staying down the road off property staying until the last minute and squeezing it out. The only thing you would accomplish is driving the Disney resort guests (who are paying more) back to there resorts early to avoid the rush of the off property people.
Terrible Idea

the-reason14

When we go, for the most part, we always stay on disney property. The only time we dont is during the summer. Now, for those regular guests that are getting screwed on EMH nights, as one poster put it, they can simply do what we do when we are regular guests and avoid that one emh park. Its not like all the parks have emh on the same night. It def. is more crowded on emh nights at any park, moreso than it would be on a regular night, but the benefit to me atleast is that I know I can do more in a single day with those extra 3 hours. I love to take naps, and knowing I can go back to the MK and use some fastpasses that I got earlier makes emh worth it to me.

Now, for the people who disagree and dont see it that way, thats fine. Everyone is different. But I agree that emh should be there, with the wristbands, and that they shouldnt go anywhere, same thing with fastpass. If you dont like either fp, or emh, then dont use them. Simple as that. Let the people who know how to use them and like to do so use them, and go someplace else. Its that simple.

EpcotServo

I guess we disagree but I love EMH. And if they replaced it with longer hours for everyone it would be crazy. You would have all those people staying down the road off property staying until the last minute and squeezing it out. The only thing you would accomplish is driving the Disney resort guests (who are paying more) back to there resorts early to avoid the rush of the off property people.
Terrible Idea

Most nights open late (Aside from a few peak days) are HALF emptier than on ANY EMH evening.

When we go, for the most part, we always stay on disney property. The only time we dont is during the summer. Now, for those regular guests that are getting screwed on EMH nights, as one poster put it, they can simply do what we do when we are regular guests and avoid that one emh park. Its not like all the parks have emh on the same night. It def. is more crowded on emh nights at any park, moreso than it would be on a regular night, but the benefit to me atleast is that I know I can do more in a single day with those extra 3 hours. I love to take naps, and knowing I can go back to the MK and use some fastpasses that I got earlier makes emh worth it to me.

Now, for the people who disagree and dont see it that way, thats fine. Everyone is different. But I agree that emh should be there, with the wristbands, and that they shouldnt go anywhere, same thing with fastpass. If you dont like either fp, or emh, then dont use them. Simple as that. Let the people who know how to use them and like to do so use them, and go someplace else. Its that simple.

But if the entire resorts crowd WEREN'T there for those 3 years think of what'd you get done.

There's no getting around it: It's the unsung terror at WDW. Much worse even than Fastpass.

the-reason14

Most nights open late (Aside from a few peak days) are HALF emptier than on ANY EMH evening.

But if the entire resorts crowd WEREN'T there for those 3 years think of what'd you get done.

There's no getting around it: It's the unsung terror at WDW. Much worse even than Fastpass.

Well yea. If the park, say MK for example, is open until 12 for everyone, chances are you will have less people there then you would if it was open until 12 for resort guests. But the people not able to use the emh and stay those 3 hours should just plan around it, like I do when Im staying off site, and then they wont really have anything to complain about. From experience, I know that the emh parks are going to be the most crowded. So, if Im not on property and cant use them, I wont go to that park. I know that it will be packed with resort guests taking their claim early, so Ill just go somewhere else. Like I said, the way I look at it is simply extra time in the parks. I never go to emh at night and expect to have the place to myself like they advertise. For the most part, I enjoy them.

cabihler

Emh

hi everyone.... i for one liked the wristband system however the system was being abused... HOW???? i personally witnessed on more than one trip resort guests getting their wristbands then giving their resort keys to what i would assume were friends/family not staying on property who then went and got wristbands for themselves as well. i went over and mentioned this to one of the cast members who looked over at the people and shrugged and said that happens a lot.

if they were to reimplement the wristbands then the technology is there to be able to overcome this easily by scanning the room keys so that more than one band could not be issued in one night.

to be honest my personal preferrence would be for WDW to go back to charging resort guests for the evening EMH like they use to, this would have the potential of drastically reducing the crowd size during EMH.

however there is another problem associated with the EMH and that is the length of lines for the normal park guests as park closing hours approach. what i mean is this, i have on several occaisions been to epcot when the lines for Soaring ran over by 1 hour its closing. so now here you come to ride Soaring during the EMH just to find out that there is nearly a 1 hour wait before you can ride because park guests are still in line. bottomline is that WDW does need to do some crowd control in a proactive manner that avoids this from happening. on a given night i believe Soaring and Racetrak etc, all of FutureWorld i believe, are suppose to close at 7pm so if by chance a ride has a 45 minute wait line why not close down the line at say 6:30 thus all riders normal park guests should be done with the ride no later than 15 minutes after park closing.

let me close this out here but let me repeat what i wrote in previous threads.... i would reinstitute a nominal fee for resort guests ONLY for EMH like they use to do and regarding Fastpasses, well it is my feeling that they should ONLY be available to resort guests.

what are your thoughts about this?

Figment1986

if they were to reimplement the wristbands then the technology is there to be able to overcome this easily by scanning the room keys so that more than one band could not be issued in one night.

They used to scan room keys using PDAs at Epcot... it was a time hassle but did what you said... (most of the time :lookaroun) granted the other parks didnt use them probably cause they were expensive and for whatever reason didnt leave epcot :lol:

CAPTAIN HOOK

It's just like Fastpass: Looks good on the outside, but when you look closer it creates much more problems than it solves. Then the evil of it: You realize that they know, but continue it because it gets people in WDW Hotel Rooms with the incentive,

FastPass is available to ALL guests, not just those staying at a WDW Resort :animwink:

cabihler

that's what i thought

in the back of my mind i wanted to write what you did but i was not sure if this was an absolute rememberance or if it was something that my mind was tricking me about.

in any case, it was SO LONG ago that they USE TO do this that the technology and feasibility of doing this today is like nite & day. the Malco threatre chain as well as the Orpheum Threatre here in the Memphis area scans every patron's ticket. in the case of Malco they want to make sure that you did not purchase a ticket for one movie and then entering the threatre for the SOLD OUT show. it also SPEEDS UP the process because instead of visually checking every ticket the scan will alert them if the ticket is being reused (in other words you purchased a ticket for a 2pm showing of a movie and are now trying to use the same ticket for a 4:20 showing of a different movie).

the access reader is no larger than a Pen and is relatively inexpensive piece of hardware. thanks for the memory jog.

cabihler

hey Captain Hook

CORRECTAMUNDO --- that fastpass is available to all park guests and that is precisely why i said in my post (BTW i realize that your reply was specifically directed towards the reply of another responder) that i believe it is time that the Fastpass system be changed so that only resort guests (and possibly local Florida residents as well) can have access to a Fastpass.

i realize that this might be problematic to a resort guest who is in the park who also has family/friends staying off property but my feeling is that this should be a benefit to those spending the extra $$$$ with disney to stay at their resorts.

CAPTAIN HOOK

I'm not in favour of creating a two tier system within the parks - what next - lines for Disney Guests and Non Disney Guests (A similar scenario was how the troubles in South Africa started).

No - I think its sufficient that park guests have the opportunity to have the park to themselves during EMH - during regular park hours everyone should be have the same facilities. (Don't even mention buying front of line passes)

the-reason14

CORRECTAMUNDO --- that fastpass is available to all park guests and that is precisely why i said in my post (BTW i realize that your reply was specifically directed towards the reply of another responder) that i believe it is time that the Fastpass system be changed so that only resort guests (and possibly local Florida residents as well) can have access to a Fastpass.

i realize that this might be problematic to a resort guest who is in the park who also has family/friends staying off property but my feeling is that this should be a benefit to those spending the extra $$$$ with disney to stay at their resorts.

I def. disagree. I think that fp has been here for way too long for them to make changes to it such as that. I know they have made some changes here and there over the years, but its never been to discriminate against anyone, its always been a minor tweak here and there. I think that the emh is a good enough perk for on site guests. That, and the transportation and being able to go back to your resort and just chilax or go swimming or whatever. But still, I think that making fp a resort guest only think would be very stupid on disney's part. I know its just a thought, and its not set in stone or anything, and I usually am always on disney property so this could be good for folk like me, but I think that it wouldnt be good because of how fp has been for so long. Its been a perk for all guests, and if it were to one day be just for resort guests, it would def. be another reason for me to not want to go as much.

cabihler

Apartheid??????

really your comparison seems somewhat extreme ... so let me reply to both you and Reason-14 in this 1 brief reply.

currently THERE ARE already TWO separate lines, one for regular visitors and one for the FASTPASS holders so in a sense there does exist the 2 tier system. all systems need to be reviewed and considered for modification. when both FASTPASS and the EMH/E-Ride nites (as they were orignially called) were implemented both the park attendance figures and the number of on-site disney rooms were much lower. over the years didsney has continually tweaked both systems and all i am saying is that seval factors, i.e. through abuse of the system, not enforcing the rules, increased number of disney resort guests through dramatic disney room growth etc., that further tweaking may be needed.

seems somewhat odd that it is okay to differentiate for EMH to be for ONLY resort guests but not for FASTPASS as a program. but there are objections enough on all sides in anyway the programs would be/could be setup. it gets a bit frustrating when you are standing on the regular STANDBY line with a 4 and 7 y/o for what you think will be 25 minutes and along comes a group with a flag and they all have fastpasses so they 25 minutes turns into for over an hour. when you got on line with the kids you thought it was for an approx stated time....

so enough of my mouth/words I HOPE :shrug: i think the system needs to be reviewed and altered in some manner and it seems to me that perhaps guests who actully use and get frustrated by the system are the best to make observations and suggestions to the disney folk to how best fixing it.

thank you both Captain Hook and to you Reason-14 for your thoughts and i hope others open up as well....:wave:

EpcotServo

FastPass is available to ALL guests, not just those staying at a WDW Resort :animwink:

Don't patronize me, Sir.
colbert.jpg

:)lol: :p)

ANYHOO, Fastpass is a whole nother' Monkey. I was drawing comparison in that it seems like a good idea, and on the surface works fine. But when you REALLY get it to know it on a day-to-day level and look deeper into it, it causes more problems than it solves.

From personal experience, AND second hand accounts from both on and backstage, EMH is one of the REAL problems around WDW.

And you all know me, I'm not one to gripe about trash cans and cutbacks, but EMH really bugs meIT REALLY BUGS ME! (/TomServoVoice)

CAPTAIN HOOK

really your comparison seems somewhat extreme ...

Not extreme at all - Apartheid is a very good example (for all the wrong reasons) of what happens when a general population is seperated for any reason when one section of that population is unable to obtain what the other can (in your example, limiting FastPasses to Resort Guests only)

currently THERE ARE already TWO separate lines, one for regular visitors and one for the FASTPASS holders so in a sense there does exist the 2 tier system.

WRONG - there maybe two seperate lines but everyone has a choice of which line to enter - the only conditional factor is whether or not you have a FastPass and they are available to all :animwink:

the-reason14

really your comparison seems somewhat extreme ... so let me reply to both you and Reason-14 in this 1 brief reply.

currently THERE ARE already TWO separate lines, one for regular visitors and one for the FASTPASS holders so in a sense there does exist the 2 tier system. all systems need to be reviewed and considered for modification. when both FASTPASS and the EMH/E-Ride nites (as they were orignially called) were implemented both the park attendance figures and the number of on-site disney rooms were much lower. over the years didsney has continually tweaked both systems and all i am saying is that seval factors, i.e. through abuse of the system, not enforcing the rules, increased number of disney resort guests through dramatic disney room growth etc., that further tweaking may be needed.

seems somewhat odd that it is okay to differentiate for EMH to be for ONLY resort guests but not for FASTPASS as a program. but there are objections enough on all sides in anyway the programs would be/could be setup. it gets a bit frustrating when you are standing on the regular STANDBY line with a 4 and 7 y/o for what you think will be 25 minutes and along comes a group with a flag and they all have fastpasses so they 25 minutes turns into for over an hour. when you got on line with the kids you thought it was for an approx stated time....

so enough of my mouth/words I HOPE :shrug: i think the system needs to be reviewed and altered in some manner and it seems to me that perhaps guests who actully use and get frustrated by the system are the best to make observations and suggestions to the disney folk to how best fixing it.

thank you both Captain Hook and to you Reason-14 for your thoughts and i hope others open up as well....:wave:

No problem, thanks for the insight. :wave: I do, however, have to disagree on the standby and fp situation. I do agree that if you get in a standby line that says 15, 30, or however many minutes, you expect to wait that long and not any longer. I have gained knowledge from my many trips to not really go by the posted wait times and just use my own determination as to how long I think the line is and decide from there whether I want to stand in line for it or not. For the most part, I rarely stand in any line. A ride that has a 5 min. posted time may have been 5 min. long, 20 minutes ago. I think that when people see that, they say, "Oh lets get on its not so long" and then the line gets longer, but everyone expects it to be 5 min. But anyways, I disagree with the standby and fp scenario you gave. I think that you cant really get upset that a large group of fp people come in and make your wait longer. You are indeed in teh regular stand by line. I mean, yea, you can get upset, but I think that its a fair situation. Everyone who walks in has an equal opportunity to get fp, so if you know that you have kids and that they arent very patient as most young kids are, then just get a fp for that ride and you have no reason to complain. Of course, you cant always get a fp, and certain rides run out quicker than others, but if you plan accordingly and utilize the fp system for rides you know the whole family will enjoy, then you can be the one infront of, or behind a large group in the fp line.

Disney_Freak429

I'm with Servo on the EMH topic it does more bad then good. I was at DHS yesterday only because I had the AI:E Tour to go on then bam come 6PM (& not only because of OSOL) I could barely get down the street to get out of the place. This is why when my friend comes in Jan. we are stearing clear of the EMH parks unless I am forced to go based on Fantasmic being on a certain day. (I could skip it but he hasn't been to WDW in over 15 yrs.)

CaptainMichael

No.

IT DOESN'T WORK.

The cake is a lie.

I completely agree with you.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom