Elsa Favoritism

Livialovesdisney

Yeah, because that's totally original and has never ever been done to death and back before.
1969332-mortal_kombat_scorpion_sub_zero_demo_impressions.png

160666567_16be126d3d.jpg

The%2Bsnow%2Band%2Bheat%2Bmiser

20110220215210!Ice_column.png

I think the appeal of Anna is that she is ordinary and awkward. Atleast to older audiences, because that's why I like Anna.. She is "real" in the sense that she is goofy and ordinary.

Did she not start with one guy then ended up with another?

Yeah after the first guy revealed that he was going to kill her and her sister and take over the country....[/QUOTE]

Better to deal with the guy with the reindeer who grew up with trolls rather than the sociopathic ginger bent on killing you and your somewhat distant sibling in the hopes of gaining control of your country. ;):p

Weather_Lady

I think girls want to be Elsa because she's the "fantasy" sister -- hugely powerful, elegant and chic. Anna is beautiful, brave and loyal -- but she was purposely styled as the "quirky, relatable girl-next door." Most girls probably think they already ARE most like Anna, so when it's time to dress up and pretend to be someone different, Elsa offers a greater leap of the imagination. Plus she's got a killer song.

That being said, my daughter chose to be Anna for Halloween (and I foolishly offered to sew her the traveling dress, cape and hat myself -- they're done, but not without much weeping and gnashing of teeth, as my sewing skills are amateur at best).

Figments Friend

I have observed from a distance that the prime appeal seems to be that Elsa is seen as almost like a 'superhero girl'.
A 'Wonder Woman' for today's little girls, and they are really attracted to that.

They see her as being very cool because she has 'special powers' and exerts that 'super-human' aura to their young eyes.
Everyone goes through a phase when they are little when they wish they had super powers like their favorite super hero.
Elsa seems to tap into that built in desire present in many children.

DistractedGenius

Well, and I guess you could add that a lot of teenagers really like Elsa because she's a Disney character that plays on the themes of anxiety and depression, and eventually overcomes them. There are just as many teenagers affected by Let It Go like little kids are.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom