Elevators at the Caribbean Beach

eeyoremum

Hi Disney experts,

Can anyone tell me for sure if there are or are not elevators at the Caribbean Beach?

My travel agents talked to Disney who told her there were elevators. Everything I have read (internet, guidebooks, ect.) say no.

My DH cannot walk stairs so it is really important that I know for certain. The resort is saying they can't guarantee us a first floor room (of course we are visiting between Christmas and New Years) so I may have to try to switch resorts.

Thanks

shoppingnut

I don't recall ever seeing elevators at CB. It was the first moderate hotel to be built and I guess they didn't think they needed them. Here's the answer: http://allears.net/acc/faq_cbr.htm

Depending on the Disney rep you get on the phone answer can vary, there are many times you will get someone that really doesn't know the answer, but will give an answer to you just to satisfy the question.

Upvote 0

jjgoo

It has been a long time since I stayed at CBR, but they did not have elevators 10 years ago and I do not think they added them.

On the other hand I would call the resort and talk to them. While they probably will not guarantee you any particular room (or even one on the first floor) for legal reasons Disney is very accomodating.

Even at that time of year with a crazy crowd level I do not think they would put you in a room that your husband could not access. Have your travel agent put on your reservation that he has a handicap and cannot use stairs. Then call and double check yourself.

If you are still feeling unsure after that, then switch resorts. Just be careful. I know that our room at Coronado last year was accessible by elevator, but I don't know if all rooms are accessible.

Good luck.

Upvote 0

eeyoremum

Original Poster
Thank you all. The TA called back to confirm that there are no elevators and that we can be given a ground floor room for medical reasons.

Upvote 0

mccallum9

elevators c b

i stayed there twice and they did have elevators house keeping used them to take the carts up stairs and anyone could use them. i'm 100% disabled and used it to take my wheel chair up

Upvote 0

CleveRocks

Calling the resort does no good, since the call is answered at a call center even though you dialed the direct resort number. The CM at the reservations center who answers your call is trained to answer your question (they even answer the phone with the name of the resort!) and NOT let the call through to the actual resort unless they are totally unable to answer the question.

Therefore, there are zillions of stories of VERY WRONG information coming from Disney reservations CMs about all sorts of stuff that they just don't know about. They know resort RESERVATIONS and dining reservations, but they don't know every detail about every resort and restaurant.

Upvote 0

CleveRocks

Wow. No elevators at the CBR? I had no idea. Hopefully that doesn't come back to bite me when I stay there next month. :(
If you do not have a mobility impairment, then walking up one set of steps shouldn't be any sort of problem. My own bedroom in my house is up one flight of stairs and I don't have an elevator!:ROFLOL:

Upvote 0

Hot4Hudgens

If you do not have a mobility impairment, then walking up one set of steps shouldn't be any sort of problem. My own bedroom in my house is up one flight of stairs and I don't have an elevator!:ROFLOL:

No, we're both able-bodied 20-somethings, lol. I said that mostly because of the collection of bags we tend to bring along, though I'm aware they can be taken up for us. I over-dramatacized...just a weeee bit. Haha. :eek:

Upvote 0

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom