Electrical Parades new ending, what do you think?

Richie248

Love the new finale float! Can't wait to see it in person in a few months. And agree it does sting a bit to see Disneyland getting a "50th" nighttime parade while Disney World got some more nighttime projects (at least we have the lights on Spaceship Earth).

The Empress Lilly

The finale USA Bacon float is good but also a large amount of visitors of Disney parks are international folks who would appreciate this new finale float more.
Oh, personally I visit America because I actually like the place. Never enough classic Disney Americana for me.

Disneyland is the unique product of America. This is what a happy, imperfect yet free country builds.
Show it to the world. Make Americans proud and inspire the world. Wave that star spangled banner, put it on a kitch 18 wheeler truck with a million lights and an oversized eagle. Never change.

Goodbye my beloved golden wings, shiny beacon in the dark!
20190903_232805.jpg

Walt Disney1955

It would have been nice to see Spectromagic again. That music combined with the show was pretty cool. I guess Spectro is another thing permanently in the trash heap I suppose?

MaryJaneP

It would have been nice to see Spectromagic again. That music combined with the show was pretty cool. I guess Spectro is another thing permanently in the trash heap I suppose?
Understanding is Spectromagic floats were thrown in the trash and/or allowed to fall apart under the harsh conditions in Florida. Currently it cannot be performed. The music lives on, as it should, and hope springs eternal that maybe someday WDW will resurrect Spectromagic parade in its entirety. This would entail many new floats and the training of performers. Not a small task in the current age of penny-pinching.

TTA94

It will be interesting to see what happens after MSEPs limited run according to the original announcement. Also D23 is in September so perhaps we’ll hear what’s next for MSEP, PTN and MH.

THEMEPARKPIONEER

Original Poster
Oh, personally I visit America because I actually like the place. Never enough classic Disney Americana for me.

Disneyland is the unique product of America. This is what a happy, imperfect yet free country builds.
Show it to the world. Make Americans proud and inspire the world. Wave that star spangled banner, put it on a kitch 18 wheeler truck with a million lights and an oversized eagle. Never change.

View attachment 634330
Olls

THEMEPARKPIONEER

Original Poster

View attachment 634330
It’s like Disney is anti America, even the Olympics has a cultural representation of the host country displayed to the world and that was Disneys. They should have added it’s a small world but add it not replace something else.

Monkee Girl

As a float piece, I don't mind it. I'm impressed with all the characters they are representing and Small World is such a great theme and is park related. I would prefer the patriotic ending....especially if it was a glorious three-hour finale...but more because of the historic parade itself. I don't like change because it's different, lol

And it definitely should come back to WDW. It's my favorite parade.

Monkee Girl

View attachment 634330
I feel this. As an American I would never want another country to have to change or not be patriotic for me. If I were to go to England or Russia or Greece or any other country, I WANT to see how they celebrate their countries. I don't understand why America needs to be so ashamed of ours. Yes, no country is perfect but we should all still be allowed to celebrate our nation with pride. this photo right here even gives me a smile. I LOVE those costumes and that giant eagle.

Californian Elitist

I feel this. As an American I would never want another country to have to change or not be patriotic for me. If I were to go to England or Russia or Greece or any other country, I WANT to see how they celebrate their countries. I don't understand why America needs to be so ashamed of ours. Yes, no country is perfect but we should all still be allowed to celebrate our nation with pride. this photo right here even gives me a smile. I LOVE those costumes and that giant eagle.
I’ve been to eight countries now. Not one of them had 1/10 as many of their respective country flags posted in various places like the U.S. does with the American flag. I don’t remember seeing a flag anywhere during my visits for some of the countries. Despite having only been to eight countries, I’ve heard from more seasoned travelers that the kind of patriotism that one sees here is almost strictly an American thing. So far, I’m finding this to be true.

It’s like Disney is anti America, even the Olympics has a cultural representation of the host country displayed to the world and that was Disneys. They should have added it’s a small world but add it not replace something else.
It’s like Disney is anti-America simply because they removed the America float? Why try to compare Disneyland to the Olympics?

Californian Elitist

Case closed then I guess.

Maybe you'd rather the termites get it than WDW?

BTW, what are you going to do with 2? DLR gets a back-up parade before WDW gets any?
I just saw this. My apologies for my late response.

I personally don’t care about what WDW does and doesn’t get. They’re their own entity, separate from the DLR. We have two night parades and one that’s actually operating because TDA decided that for the park. I shouldn’t and don’t feel bad that we have MSEP and PtN. One was a 60th gift and the other has been operating on and off over the course of 50 years at DL.

It’s very clear that the respective management teams for each coast are different. WDW should get its own night parade, not try to take one of ours. Hopefully TDO is cooking up something for the fans.

wdwfan22

I think the new finale float looks great. I think they did a great job. The small world ending in my opinion works better than the patriotic finale.

correcaminos

I’ve been to eight countries now. Not one of them had 1/10 as many of their respective country flags posted in various places like the U.S. does with the American flag. I don’t remember seeing a flag anywhere during my visits for some of the countries. Despite having only been to eight countries, I’ve heard from more seasoned travelers that the kind of patriotism that one sees here is almost strictly an American thing. So far, I’m finding this to be true.

It’s like Disney is anti-America simply because they removed the America float? Why try to compare Disneyland to the Olympics?
Not all Americans are comfortable with what we all do here under the guise of patriotic as well. What I see at the Olympics is not what I expect as a norm.

But that's me and me being uncomfortable with some levels is my personality.
As a float piece, I don't mind it. I'm impressed with all the characters they are representing and Small World is such a great theme and is park related. I would prefer the patriotic ending....especially if it was a glorious three-hour finale...but more because of the historic parade itself. I don't like change because it's different, lol

And it definitely should come back to WDW. It's my favorite parade.
You have a minute and a half ;)

SonnyEcipse

My thing with the new finale that I think a lot of people aren't giving Disney credit for is...the music. I was watching the livestream and when they switched the music from the Elliot float to the new one, for a solid 5 seconds, I couldn't even tell it was new music. It sounds just like the rest of the parade with it's unique synthetic and electronic sounds and the fact that they were able to pull that same sound off, over 50 years later, is a pretty big feat in my opinion.

Californian Elitist

Not all Americans are comfortable with what we all do here under the guise of patriotic as well. What I see at the Olympics is not what I expect as a norm.

But that's me and me being uncomfortable with some levels is my personality.

You have a minute and a half ;)
Very true. I’m American and I’m not comfortable with it.

I’m from California, but briefly lived in Massachusetts for grad school. I went on a grocery store run with my roommate, and in that 10-minute drive, we counted over 100 American flags. I thought it was very bizzarre.

NoPoncho!

I think the float would be good if it were not the finale. It is not spectacular. The biggest thing lacking when compared with the original is that there is not a single dancer/performer. The cast members were the most amazing thing about the American float. The new float is lacking its heart.

Monkee Girl

I think the float would be good if it were not the finale. It is not spectacular. The biggest thing lacking when compared with the original is that there is not a single dancer/performer. The cast members were the most amazing thing about the American float. The new float is lacking its heart.
I love the British looking outfits all lit up and I agree with you. If they had the performers in Small world like outfits lit up, I think that would really be cool. Maybe like the end of the ride, they hold up different lit signs of the 'good byes'

THEMEPARKPIONEER

Original Poster
It’s bad to love and honor America today, right?
Yup, Disney hates America, I never saw anything wrong with the host country sharing its patriotism with the world, they do it in the Olympics. I always thought a sharing our culture with our international guests was a way of welcoming them. No one travels around the world to get a lousy quick display of where they traveled from.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom