• Sure

Votes: 15 12.8%
  • I Guess

Votes: 8 6.8%
  • Dunno

Votes: 26 22.2%

• Total voters

fizzle75

My wife and I have only ridden El Rio Del Tiempo 3 times but everytime we did we were very disappointed. As soon as the ride was over we would just look blankly at each other as if to say "that's it?". I love the Mexico Pavillion but didn't care for the ride so I am very glad it is getting a refurb,plussing or WHATEVER is being done to it. I personally hope they have totally redone the ride but like some of the others who have posted on this thread I hope they leave the Volcano. I really like the fact that some actual Disney characters will be incorporated into the ride. Unlike most(and I will probably get lynched for saying this) I wish more characters were integrated into World Showcase.
I will be there in 2 WEEKS(!!!!!) and I can't wait to try Grand Fiesta out for myself, IMHO it can't be any worse than it was before. Maybe now they'll show The Maelstrom a little love.:D

raven

I liked the "barren queue" area. It was always empty which made me feel I hit the attraction at just the right time. :wave:

mousermerf

Account Suspended
Just to note, the whole first scene still exists before you enter the tunnel/cave.

The volcano, temple, and nightime in the jungle is all still alive and well, as the tip-tops of those sets are the only thing visible over the refurb wall that runs along the restaurant. One noteable addition is a giant worklight right before the turn into the tunnel, so perhaps they're adding something to the scene.

sbkline

I'm one of the few who really liked this ride. I think it was more because the song than anything else. The first scenes are really cool, but then those scenes on the TV screens were kind of boring. But I guess the song made the whole ride for me and, for the record, I am thouroughly honked off that they have dumbed down yet another attraction. Epcot used to be a classy, educational park, but I fear they are slowly dumbing it down to appease the kiddies. It's not good enough that they ruined "The Living Seas" with this friggin Nemo crap, but now they have to take a ride focused on Mexico and ruin it by making it about Donald and friends. To me, World Showcase is supposed to be about showcasing the various countries and their cultures and presenting a serious, educational portrait of that country, by the architechture, the merchandise, the costumes, the rides and the shows. IMO, dumbing down the rides with cartoon characters (which are fine in their proper place, just not in WS) is unnacceptable. As I said in another thread, what do we have to look forward to next? Getting ride of the China movie and just start playing Mulan cartoons all the time? :rolleyes:

I really should withhold judgement though, I guess, because after all my moaning and groaning, I'll probably go next month and love the new ride and then have to eat crow. But for now, I am an unhappy camper about the whole thing. I just hope they don't get rid of the song. I know it can't possibly fit in the new version of the ride, but I hope they will use it as background music in the Mexico pavillion itself. And I do look forward to coming in here on Sunday and seeing what people haveto say about the new ride.

1disneydood

I was fine with it until it was stated in another post that the original theme song will be replaced. I loved the corniness of it, the way it would stick like a tolerable IASW theme song. :shrug: Now I'll have to see soon if the rehab was worth it or not.

sbkline

Actually the question on here is kinda vague.....(okay.... really vague)

It asks... are you happy? Happy about what? Am I happy that their is a refurb? Am I happy about the choice of refurb? Am I happy to see El Rio Del Tiempo get retired? Am I happy to be alive? Am I happy to not be there right now? Am I happy there are no leaked photographs?

It could mean any of these things.... and forgive me if I am offending the creator, but the poll suffers from a clear question. I am just assuming that the question is about the refurb.

It's not vague at all. The title of the thread is "El Rio to be gone in the Spring". Then, the poll question asks "are you happy?" Clearly, the question is in reference to the title of the thread.

autumndawn1006

Where is the "as long as you can still drink a margarita on the ride I'll be happy" choice? :slurp:

The refurb actually sounds pretty cool, but like others have said I always liked that you could just walk right in and ride right away. Has anyone noticed if they changed the music in the Mexican pavilion? Seems like they might try to tie that in to the ride now.

the-reason14

Well, however inaccurate or outdated el rio was, I enjoyed it. I liked that it was never a line and that you could just chill out either before or after a long walk around world showcase. The first time we rode it, it was just like in 04 so we kinda discovered it late, but what a gem it was.

However with all that said.... Judging by the name change and what appeared to be some extensive work going on behind the walls, I hope that this new attractions is as close to a "redo" as they can get within their short construction time span. Some things I would have hoped to remain, but all in, the stuff that I already liked about the attraction seems like it wont be returning(the short lines, the song, the narration and IASW look a like dolls) they might as well go all out for it. I am eager to see these new additions and hopefully will be able to see them soon.

R.I.P el rio del tiempo, for I hardly knew ye, but I do got some of you on tape.:hammer: Holla.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom