Votes: 8 6.8%
  • Dunno

Votes: 26 22.2%

• Total voters

FloridaRocks

Original Poster
is anyone hapy with this

Gran Fiesta gears up for opening

Gran Fiesta Tour starring the Three Caballeros is bustling with activity leading up to it's opening. Around the entrance of the now-defunct El Rio del Tiempo which Gran Fiesta Tour replaced workers have been spotted workign to change out signage and a new marquee has appeared over the entrance archway with Donald, Panchito, and Jose welcoming you.

The queue has been redecorated with large murals of the characters as well, including a large mural of donald right near the loading dock which we spied as a worker went into the door in the refurbishment wall. Other sources have mentioned that the queue will serve to introduce guests to the general storyline and ideas related to the attraction - a large improvement over El Rio del Tiempo's old barren queue.

Speaking of the queue, work was seen on the side entrance doors into the Mexico pavilion, specificly the left side door. This door is where the queue is routed once it finishes additional switchbacks infront of the San Angel Inn restaurant and then runs along the side of the pavilion's marketplace and out into the foyer. It exits through this door and then switchbacks out on the raised terrace which serves as the entrance to the pavilion. In the most extreme circumstance, it will flow down the stairs and continue down the World Showcase Promenade.

All that being said, it looks as though Disney is expecting this newly rennovated attraction to draw in sizeable interest. If it will or wont remains unseen but we will keep track of crowd levels and adjust touring plans as neccessary. Thankfully, the ride uses boats and those tend to load very quickly and move many guests per hour.

Additonally, the first week of Gran Fiesta's operation (it opens April 2nd) will be accompanied by the start of Epcot's popular Flower and Garden festival (it opens April 5th). Be aware of general congestion in that area of the park as the "Garden Odyssey Festival Center" resides in the Odyssey builing directly adjacent to the Mexico pavilion.

taken off touring plans

hokielutz

I for one, amd looking forward to seeing what this dated 24 year old inaccurate tourism advertisement attraction will look like with some plussing.

If anything, I will at least be awake for the duration of the ride.

No more siesta in the tiempo boats for me.

k.hunter30

I for one, amd looking forward to seeing what this dated 24 year old inaccurate tourism advertisement attraction will look like with some plussing.

If anything, I will at least be awake for the duration of the ride.

No more siesta in the tiempo boats for me.
But that's why I liked it...:lookaroun

jmvd20

I don't see why anyone wouldn't be happy with it. The ride is still there, although it is under a different name - no big deal to me there. I like the ride but there is no doubt that it needed to be changed. I just hope they do not get rid or change the volcano at the beginning, I really like that on the ride, and think it is a great background to the themeing of the restaraunt.

JimboJones123

Nobody has even leaked any pix yet. Who knows how much of the ride will still be there. I can remember the first 90 seconds or so being nothing but a cave, a statue and dancing man nipples. If they get rid of that and keep the finale and little dollys scenes and update the CRAZY TRADERS, sounds like a winner. From what some have said it is a "plus" upgrade, not a "re-do" like Pooh. We'll all find out next week! Com'on Merf!

jmvd20

Nobody has even leaked any pix yet. Who knows how much of the ride will still be there. I can remember the first 90 seconds or so being nothing but a cave, a statue and dancing man nipples. If they get rid of that and keep the finale and little dollys scenes and update the CRAZY TRADERS, sounds like a winner. From what some have said it is a "plus" upgrade, not a "re-do" like Pooh. We'll all find out next week! Com'on Merf!

By saying the ride will still be there I meant there will still be water, tracks, and boats :cool:

As far as the set pieces go, other than the volcano, I really don't care if they change everything, though I do agree it seems like it will be more of a plus than a complete re-do.

vadsnylvr

I am going to reserve my judgement until I ride Gran Fiesta. I have found that it's best to wait and see on these things. I'm just happy to be going back to WDW this year.:sohappy:

37 days till WDW!:sohappy:

JimboJones123

By saying the ride will still be there I meant there will still be water, tracks, and boats :cool:

As far as the set pieces go, other than the volcano, I really don't care if they change everything, though I do agree it seems like it will be more of a plus than a complete re-do.
Sorry, I was speaking in general, not to you cool dude. :veryconfu

EchoOfOphelia

I too am reserving judgement until I can ride it or see some pictures.
Personally, I don't like the Three Caballeros, but who knows! I think that if it still has the same sort of leisurely cruise kind of feeling, that it will still be good.

spoodles

Ah, but what about:

Welcome mis amigos
To friendly Mexico.
To the land of fiestas
They're everywhere you go.

Listen to marimbas
And mariachis, too.
Playing Latin rhythms
And serenading you.

Come join the crowd.
The music's good and loud.
The air is full of song.
So come and sing along.

Because in Mexico,
When people smile at you,
There's just one thing to do,
You join the fiesta, too.

So long, happy people.
We hate to see you go.
Hurry back, amigos
To friendly Mexico.

Come on back to Taxco,
To Acupulco, too.
Pretty senioritas
And charros wait for you.

We'll meet again
In tropical Cancun,
In charming Mazatlan,
Or maybe in Tulum.

Because in Mexico,
When folks meet now and then,
They never say "goodbye."
It's "til we meet again."

:cry:

hokielutz

Actually the question on here is kinda vague.....(okay.... really vague)

It asks... are you happy? Happy about what? Am I happy that their is a refurb? Am I happy about the choice of refurb? Am I happy to see El Rio Del Tiempo get retired? Am I happy to be alive? Am I happy to not be there right now? Am I happy there are no leaked photographs?

It could mean any of these things.... and forgive me if I am offending the creator, but the poll suffers from a clear question. I am just assuming that the question is about the refurb.

SnowFire

I'm going to have to wait and see what changes are made. I always enjoyed the ride, but feel that it desperately needed an update. We've seen Disney do great refurbs in the past, but we've also seen some referbs that are really bad. Let's hope this is a good one.

FigmentJedi

A fun ride, going to miss it I guess. Only thing that made it fun was how dated and goofy it had gotten though, so I guess a rehab really was in order for it. And besides, the Three Caballeros is a fun movie that really works for the pavilion(or at least the Mexico segments).

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom