El Rio De Tiempo

MKCP 1985

in the evening, just before closing, it is not unusual for a couple to get a boat for themselves. The interior atmosphere of that pyramid pavilion is soo relaxing. That is when El Rio de Tiempo can become EPCOT's own "Tunnel of Love!"

I don't get all the hate this simple, unhyped attraction receives. It isn't going to solve the problems of the world, but it is a sweet ride and I am glad it is there.

tigsmom

When I was searching for the words to the song I found one website (sorry I can't remember which) who suggested it for "relaxation & romance".
I don't understand why everyone hates it either.

DarkMeasures

I really enjoy this ride. A nice ejoying bot ride in Air-conditioning and great theming.

I really do like the Mexican Pavilian as a whole. Really well done.

Expo_Seeker40

I love El Rio Del Tiempo. It's a great ride in so many ways. I wouldn't mind some new footage, but I think the point of Mexican tourism gets across fine the way it is.

It is really the only the thing we have left that is like 'If You Had Wings", it's a boat ride, with a different theme song, and focuses on one destination. All we need is to throw in a flock of seaguls, and stamp the eastern air lines logo, and we'll almost be set.

:lol:

raven

Originally posted by Calamar
...Welcome, mis amigos, to friendly Mexico,
To the land of fiestas -- they're everywhere you go.
Listen to marimbas and mariachis, too,
Playing latin rhythms and serenading you....

Scary, just scary. It's scary to know that you know these words. :wave:

CelticGal

The last time I went, my friends and I got stuck for about ten minutes on this ride while they loaded someone who needed special help. We made up our own words to the song, something like:

"We're stuck, we're stuck, we're stuck in Mexico, because the boat won't go, does anybody know, why we're stuck in Mexico"

We still sing that to this day!

aimster

Originally posted by Expo_Seeker40
All we need is to throw in a flock of seaguls,

"And I ran, I ran so far away...."

*runs like hell*

Actually, I've never been on this ride. For a long time I didn't even know it existed. I'll have to check it next time I visit Epcot.

Langdonj

Dark River

A very simple ride, and I am guessing it wasn't very expensive, it is dark, cool, and on water, but not all that exciting, just a glimpse of Mexican culture. However, the restaurant is a favorite place for me to eat, both the food and the atmosphere are great, and my 13 year old son loves watching the glass blowers next door.

On the subject: I figured someone would come up with the words. It is this dedication to Disney detail that keeps me coming back to wdwmagic for another dose of Disney Magic in abstensia. (anyone know how to spell abstensia?)

Maria

I was given the words during my training, and you have them right Calamar. Of course, I don´t remember the parts you are missing in it, but if I find my papers from that time, I will post the lyrics.

(I can´t stand the carrousel part. It makes me mad to see those people hanging!).

Djali999

Originally posted by Maria
(I can´t stand the carrousel part. It makes me mad to see those people hanging!).

that room is so random, it's kind of sad. there's a big mirrored wall, a painted mural, some fireworks, and... marionettes?? in a carousel???

not to mention that the last thing you see is a big pile of pottery and knick-knacks. it's clear where they ran out of ideas, no? :p

grandmath

I just love this attraction: funny because cheesy, but at the same time, well themed, relaxing, entertaining, good song... the whole pavillion is also a winner in my opinion.

Maria

Originally posted by Djali999
that room is so random, it's kind of sad. there's a big mirrored wall, a painted mural, some fireworks, and... marionettes?? in a carousel???

That last part is supposed to be Reforma Avenue in Mexico City. When you are leaving that part and entering the pottery area with the map (where btw, my area is not well displayed :mad: ) there is a monument the boats pass below of, that´s a monument also in Mexico City dedicated to Benito Juárez, one of our national heroes. :)

Rora

I love that ride too. There is something charming and fun about how cheesy it is. I also love how there is never a line.

ead79

Count me in as another person who really enjoys this attraction. It's very relaxing, and I even find it to be entertaining. We got our own boat when we were on our honeymoon, which was a neat perk from wearing our bride/groom ears. :)

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom