Eighth Voyage of Sinbad Closing September 15, 2018

OG Runner

Just what any park needs a dead zone in the park. Luckily it is kind of tucked away and people can probably still
play with the fountain out front.

ThemeParkTraveller

If the rumors are true, the entire Lost Continent will eventually be replaced with a Zelda-themed land. But that is several years away, and it doesn't look like there will be any replacement in the meantime

That would be amazing if true. I thought everything Nintendo related was going in the 3rd gate though.

champdisney

After the many years of visiting Islands of Adventure, I finally saw Sinbad this past May. It was bad. I’m sure it was better back in it’s heyday. Can’t say I’m sad to see it go.

thelookingglass

I've never bothered to see this and just hearing the audio from it when walking through the Hogwarts Express queue makes me cringe at how awful it is. Good riddance.

JohnD

I thought Sinbad was clever but didn’t have a desire to go back and see it. While they’re at it, they can close Posedion. It’s a tedious “show” that moves you from scene to scene while you watch a story play out. I couldn’t wait until the exit presented itself.

JoeCamel

I thought Sinbad was clever but didn’t have a desire to go back and see it. While they’re at it, they can close Posedion. It’s a tedious “show” that moves you from scene to scene while you watch a story play out. I couldn’t wait until the exit presented itself.
I think you will get your wish in the near term.

danpam1024

Hopefully Poseidon's Fury is not far behind. More real estate for something fantastic. That section is a walk-through for us- unless we need a water, so the emptiness won't be felt too much.

DarleneBurrows

More closed areas for non existant replacements. Still awaiting the Terminator replacement. There will be now two empty theatres in IOA.

Getting back to the dark days of Universal. Everything from shoddy new attractions, wear and tear of the parks, closing down attractions, nothing being done to the ghastly kidzone area, too many screen rides - all being excused because of the mythical new park that may or may not open sometimes in the next 10 years.

Last edited:

cheezbat

Yeah they need to get a move on with new attractions to replace these spaces. It’s very bad show having so many empty/unused areas in a high profile world class theme park. Looks like they’re finally rectifying the empty Triceratops encounter, but I had hoped we would see Toon Lagoon ampitheater replaced before another closure without replacement.

Who knows...maybe they’ll surprise us all and drop something new on us that we didn’t see coming.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom