Eighth Voyage of Sinbad Closing September 15, 2018

JoeCamel

More closed areas for non existant replacements. Still awaiting the Terminator replacement. There will be now two empty theatres in IOA.

Getting back to the dark days of Universal. Everything from shoddy new attractions, wear and tear of the parks, closing down attractions, nothing being done to the ghastly kidzone area, too many screen rides - all being excused because of the mythical new park that may or may not open sometimes in the next 10 years.
WoL??

Too bad Universal is on the way out,, I wonder where those record crowds they have been having will go then? Who will stay in all the new hotels they built?

BTW $160 a night
aoa.jpg

vs. $114 a night...

adv.jpg

woof

TwilightZone

WoL??

Too bad Universal is on the way out,, I wonder where those record crowds they have been having will go then? Who will stay in all the new hotels they built?

BTW $160 a night
View attachment 304641

vs. $114 a night...

View attachment 304642

woof
the hotel on the bottom looks so much better
But yeah, now it looks like Univeral needs to do the catch up game, because Disney is catching up now with bigger and better attractions. Or at least I hope the stuff at star wars land will be bigger and better than fast and furious.

JoeCamel

What has two hotel rooms got anything to do with the parks?
Duh.
Darlene, or whatever account you are using now, it is obvious that TDO equates room count with park count. Whatever overlords in Celebration cut your check will agree that room count equates to park visitors. Otherwise why would people pay the exorbitant prices you charge???
The rooms are dated and overpriced. I can go to UOR for a fraction of what WDW costs and do not have to combat stroller brigades, wall to wall people or the nightmare leaving the MK is after the fireworks.

Looking for a relaxing , stress free vacation in the vacation capital of the world? Then WDW ain't it any longer...

Good luck with your overlords, the bonus will not be forthcoming for this botched interaction.

You are such an obvious troll on these boards you need to change your pic to a frog.. Better yet just delete the account and resurface as another as you have done so many times before.

Last edited:

Rob562

This is about cost cutting.

It has nothing to do with improving the park. They killed an unpopular show to save on overhead.

With construction work on the T2:3D replacement reportedly starting, I wonder if it's a bit of bookkeeping so they can move the budget for stunt actors from one show to cover rehearsals for , and eventual opening of, the new one.

-Rob

DarleneBurrows

Duh.
Whatever overlords in Celebration cut your check will agree that room count equates to park visitors. Otherwise why would people pay the exorbitant prices you charge???
The rooms are dated and overpriced. I can go to UOR for a fraction of what WDW costs and do not have to combat stroller brigades, wall to wall people or the nightmare leaving the MK is after the fireworks.

Looking for a relaxing , stress free vacation in the vacation capital of the world? Then WDW ain't it any longer...

Good luck with your overlords, the bonus will not be forthcoming for this botched interaction.

You are such an obvious troll on these boards you need to change your pic to a frog.. Better yet just delete the account and resurface as another as you have done so many times before.

Er yeah .... :cyclops:

rd805

Duh.
Darlene, or whatever account you are using now, it is obvious that TDO equates room count with park count. Whatever overlords in Celebration cut your check will agree that room count equates to park visitors. Otherwise why would people pay the exorbitant prices you charge???

Hey Joe! -- you are one of the clear insiders about Universal that posts truthful information (I see on other boards too!).
When can we realistically expect Universal to start talking about this new gate project? I remember when I was younger, going into an entire exhibit about Islands of Adventure, maybe 2 years prior to opening? Do you think a FULL PARK opening date of 2025 is possible?

Tom Morrow

I thought Sinbad was clever but didn’t have a desire to go back and see it. While they’re at it, they can close Posedion. It’s a tedious “show” that moves you from scene to scene while you watch a story play out. I couldn’t wait until the exit presented itself.
When it was created it was pretty new and innovative. They quickly butchered it quite a bit when it was redone a few years after opening. I still think it's worth it for the water vortex alone and the final act is pretty neat. A big problem is it takes a really long time to get going. I'll also never understand what they were thinking by changing it to have the vortex lead to a copy of the second room instead of immediately to the temple. The reveal of the temple during the dark transition is neat, but by this point, 1st timers are pretty antsy as they've now been directed through three rooms without a whole lot really happening.

Last edited:

JoeCamel

Hey Joe! -- you are one of the clear insiders about Universal that posts truthful information (I see on other boards too!).
When can we realistically expect Universal to start talking about this new gate project? I remember when I was younger, going into an entire exhibit about Islands of Adventure, maybe 2 years prior to opening? Do you think a FULL PARK opening date of 2025 is possible?
I am not an insider but like to call out corporate trolls. Best guess from what the real insiders say is maybe you will hear about it in 2020. That is how UNI rolls but there will be a ton of permits and site pictures in the meantime. This is not the forum for Universal news as "Darlene" so flamboyantly proves. A short google search will get you where real info is posted by people that know and are willing to share.

Bob Harlem

Sorry Joe, but it sounds like you can't address a Universal problem, without a "but Disney" response.

It's prettty fare, iOA still has way more rides than DHS (even with Star Wars). I could see it being replaced a lot faster than people realize.

Wonders of Life, 20000 Leagues, Odyssey, Stitch, Magic Eye Theater, nearly all of Innoventions, Wonders of Life, Sounds Dangerous, Circle of Life, Discovery Island, River Country are all examples like that (either left abandoned or sat idle/left to rot for many years) Pleasure Island was in that state for many years also. One show that never filled up vs all that is a fair comparison (Future world still has vast areas formerly used space).

Other places like Imagination, Seas (the aquariums are in just in poor shape.

Universal's problem is ADHD -- just too much going on and the order they are doing things doesn't seem to make a lot of sense (Fast and Furious). Shuffling projects around. The big one, the new park, is more like 2021/22 based on how the original park and IOA were done. And I think that being settled earlier than expected, more than anything else, really screwed up timelines. (Universal Beijing doesn't help either) I suspect Sindbad won't be vacant very long. Poseidon will stay much longer (That's not closing)

Last edited:

OG Runner

And at the same time, comparing the Universal parks with Disney, when asked a question about the Universal parks does not
answer the questions, and does not strengthen your argument. I would hope you could also understand it much different if
Disney closes even a number of attractions over several parks in comparison, to Universal closing two attractions that make up
most of a section of the park. (Voyages of Sinbad & Poseidon's Fury).

JohnD

It's prettty fare, iOA still has way more rides than DHS (even with Star Wars). I could see it being replaced a lot faster than people realize.

Wonders of Life, 20000 Leagues, Odyssey, Stitch, Magic Eye Theater, nearly all of Innoventions, Wonders of Life, Sounds Dangerous, Circle of Life, Discovery Island, River Country are all examples like that (either left abandoned or sat idle/left to rot for many years) Pleasure Island was in that state for many years also. One show that never filled up vs all that is a fair comparison (Future world still has vast areas formerly used space).

Other places like Imagination, Seas (the aquariums are in just in poor shape.

Universal's problem is ADHD -- just too much going on and the order they are doing things doesn't seem to make a lot of sense (Fast and Furious). Shuffling projects around. The big one, the new park, is more like 2021/22 based on how the original park and IOA were done. And I think that being settled earlier than expected, more than anything else, really screwed up timelines. (Universal Beijing doesn't help either) I suspect Sindbad won't be vacant very long. Poseidon will stay much longer (That's not closing)

But IOA is better compared to MK, not HS.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom