Eggs Benedict

Baltar

$4 billion for EPCOT
Original Poster
Are there any restaurants in the parks where you can get Eggs Benedict? My wife loves it at Whispering Canyon Cafe but just curious about other restaurants preferably in the parks!

Baltar

$4 billion for EPCOT
Original Poster
I am a huge fan of eggs bennie, and unfortunately, have never seen them inside the parks. However, a lot of resort restaurants have this wonderful dish. One of my favs is Grand Floridian Cafe;
Thanks! I booked a reservation at Whispering Canyon Cafe just so she can get it but I was just curious if there was a more convenient location. We normally stay at Fort Wilderness or Wilderness Lodge but this year we're not. Thanks! Gotta keep the wife happy! :)

DisneyDebNJ

Thanks! I booked a reservation at Whispering Canyon Cafe just so she can get it but I was just curious if there was a more convenient location. We normally stay at Fort Wilderness or Wilderness Lodge but this year we're not. Thanks! Gotta keep the wife happy! :)
If you get a chance, definitely try them at Grand Floridian Cafe (served with key lime hollandaise!!)

HouCuseChickie

Picture is a little bit dark, but this is the eggs benedict I got at GFC last November...

15231736084_063ca47fa3_z.jpg

I don't know what kind of benedict WCC is making now, but this is BBQ benedict I ordered there back in 2010...

5266189694_0db0babf33_z.jpg

I definitely preferred the one at GFC.

Phonedave

Eggs Benedict - or more to the point the Hollandaise Sauce - is one of those tricky foods.

Tricky from the standpoint of if you make real Hollandaise, you either have to make it to order, hold it at unsafe temps (warm = breeding ground), or too hot or cold (and it will break or separate). WDW is not making Hollandaise to order, and they are really picky about food safety and are not going to keep a petri dish going, so you end up getting something from a powdered mix. I can taste the difference, and I suspect that is why they make all those "special" flavored ones - to mask it. I have not found any really good eggs Benedict at WDW - the sauce is always lacking.

Poached eggs on the other hand hold like a dream - cook them off before hand, and keep them in ice water. a minute or two back in simmering water and you are good to go.

-dave

HouCuseChickie

Eggs Benedict - or more to the point the Hollandaise Sauce - is one of those tricky foods.

Tricky from the standpoint of if you make real Hollandaise, you either have to make it to order, hold it at unsafe temps (warm = breeding ground), or too hot or cold (and it will break or separate). WDW is not making Hollandaise to order, and they are really picky about food safety and are not going to keep a petri dish going, so you end up getting something from a powdered mix. I can taste the difference, and I suspect that is why they make all those "special" flavored ones - to mask it. I have not found any really good eggs Benedict at WDW - the sauce is always lacking.

Poached eggs on the other hand hold like a dream - cook them off before hand, and keep them in ice water. a minute or two back in simmering water and you are good to go.

-dave

I've wondered if that's the case. All of the WDW hollandaise we've had prior to about 2012 tasted like the awful packaged Knorr powdered stuff. The taste was significantly better as things like key lime hollandaise started to appear. It's unlikely it's from scratch, but it's a major improvement over what they had been serving.

Hockey89

-dave
You are dead on....

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom