EEA reaching the point of complete disrepair?

WondersOfLife

Blink, blink. Breathe, breathe. Day in, day out.
Original Poster
Just keeping the trend going... But seriously. Am I the only one that is starting to believe that if Ellen's Energy Adventure were to go down for ANY refurb... It would take SEVERAL months to get it back up to good show quality again? I mean.. They have just been letting every element, effect, film, audio, animatronic.. Door.. EVERYthing get in such bad shape, that it is barely even able to be considered an "attraction" to this day..

WondersOfLife

Original Poster
Even if it was functioning perfectly, the ride is extremely dated with pop-culture references and movie quality.

Technically, the pop culture stars are still relevant today. (Admit it. Bill Nye will never die.) They all just don't look.. 90's.. Anymore.

Cmdr_Crimson

Time for this ol gem again..
3814986.jpg

The90skid

Technically, the pop culture stars are still relevant today. (Admit it. Bill Nye will never die.) They all just don't look.. 90's.. Anymore.
I'm not so sure about that. Think about it, how many kids these days would know who he is? Ellen is still relevant, so maybe they could revamp the movie segments with her, but Bill Nye? I don't think he is very timeless.

WondersOfLife

Original Poster
I'm not so sure about that. Think about it, how many kids these days would know who he is? Ellen is still relevant, so maybe they could revamp the movie segments with her, but Bill Nye? I don't think he is very timeless.

I've always personally considered Bill Nye an "exclusive" character to Disney theme parks.. Despite the fact that he's had tv shows and such. He's a fun character! I don't think it really matters if he is relevant or not. Ellen, now that's a different situation. She DOES have to be relevant. The same could be said for the Jeapordy game show host. Both are still relevant, but not appearance wise based on the attraction. Bill Nye to EEA is kind of like the scientist to the DINOSAUR ride at AK.. It just feels like a character, not a celebrity.

disney4life2008

There is so much promise for that space. But that space is HUGE it could almost be divided into multiple attractions. I think they would just close the building down. But as long as it works it will run. The best thing about EEA is the soundtrack. I can sit and listen to the music for a good hour.

The90skid

I've always personally considered Bill Nye an "exclusive" character to Disney theme parks.. Despite the fact that he's had tv shows and such. He's a fun character! I don't think it really matters if he is relevant or not. Ellen, now that's a different situation. She DOES have to be relevant. The same could be said for the Jeapordy game show host. Both are still relevant, but not appearance wise based on the attraction. Bill Nye to EEA is kind of like the scientist to the DINOSAUR ride at AK.. It just feels like a character, not a celebrity.
That's true; in that case, maybe the focus of the ride should just be on Bill Nye?

WondersOfLife

Original Poster
That's true; in that case, maybe the focus of the ride should just be on Bill Nye?

Maybe so! Although a sidekick wouldn't be bad, for comedic relief. Ellen is fine. But she most likely won't last another 8 or 10 years. I would think another character would work well. Maybe Figment or Wall-E. Those are the only two characters I wouldn't mind taking over this attraction, TBH.

Cmdr_Crimson

The real problem is the statistics that Bill Nye says are of a 19 years difference than what it is today..Heck he's still doing the stint with Disney on occasion...

The90skid

Maybe so! Although a sidekick wouldn't be bad, for comedic relief. Ellen is fine. But she most likely won't last another 8 or 10 years. I would think another character would work well. Maybe Figment or Wall-E. Those are the only two characters I wouldn't mind taking over this attraction, TBH.
Wall-e could work! Bill Nye and Wall-e... kind of has a Dreamfinder and Figment feel to it (one day...)

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom