EE Update Feature

Hakunamatata

Le Meh
Premium Member
Jose Eber said:
Well, there might be something big coming up on the horizon, and I've got a long break between my last task and the next -- sooo...;) ?

I assure you, I've got 'things' to keep me busy around April.

J.
I was just curious. Its nice to have a play by play account of what is going on 18 hours away. :lol:

Jose Eber

Original Poster
my 'real life' will resume shortly, but for now....

Money Shot of everest (BTW LOTS of people were screaming and having fun. I was there for hours and didn't hear a negative thing). Awesome seems to be the word of choice for a lot of folks. Even after they ride it, they are very impressed by it.

Image-0C1E7E1A852C11DA.jpg

The Fast pass line was opened up for this afternoon (imagineer fast pass). Weird why they'd test it with them and not the contractors.

Image-0C224B61852C11DA.jpg

We've seen this sign before, but they added more color, discoloration and rust at the edges and screws yesterday.

Image-0C22702D852C11DA.jpg

Here's a shot of people in the train. Its going to be impossible to NOT market this as a coaster...a lot of people's hands were up and there is a lot of screaming!

Here's a similar shot, but look in the middle over the roof, that's the train coming back into the mountain after the double helix in the rear.
Image-0C22B296852C11DA.jpg

Going into the mountain:

Image-0C22D397852C11DA.jpg

These are the baby Yeti binoculars I was talking about. Fun.

Image-0C232B99852C11DA.jpg

These 'binoculars' have no lenses in them -- they are just empty, but focus on the peak.

Image-0C236722852C11DA.jpg

Little Sign on it.

Image-0C238D62852C11DA.jpg

This isn't everest though is it, its 'forbidden mountain'.

Image-0C1E4EB8852C11DA.jpg

Again, I'll have to stress how folks liked this ride. There were a lot of re-rides I noticed (it doesn't hurt that there is only a 5 minute wait). But it looks to be a well done ride.

As I said earlier yesterday Al Weiss rode it 3 x in a row in the morning he liked it that much.

Take care Yeti Fans.

J.

Hakunamatata

Le Meh
Premium Member
Jose Eber said:

Money Shot of everest (BTW LOTS of people were screaming and having fun. I was there for hours and didn't hear a negative thing). Awesome seems to be the word of choice for a lot of folks. Even after they ride it, they are very impressed by it.

Image-0C1E7E1A852C11DA.jpg

Is that a jet in the background?

Monty

Brilliant...and Canadian
In the Parks
No
Jose Eber said:

J.

WHAT!?!?! You're life doesn't centre around providing all of us here at WDW Magic with constant updates on everything EE :veryconfu:veryconfu

Well, if your 'real life' reduces or eliminates your ability to do as much for our collective hunger... Thank you [and others] for the great job you've done to date! :sohappy: I feel like I'm almost there with you with the detail you've provided! Your input has definately been wonderful.

Keep it up as much and as long as you can... :sohappy:

Hakunamatata

Le Meh
Premium Member
MontyMon said:
WHAT!?!?! You're life doesn't centre around providing all of us here at WDW Magic with constant updates on everything EE :veryconfu:veryconfu

Well, if your 'real life' reduces or eliminates your ability to do as much for our collective hunger... Thank you [and others] for the great job you've done to date! :sohappy: I feel like I'm almost there with you with the detail you've provided! Your input has definately been wonderful.

Keep it up as much and as long as you can... :sohappy:
Very well stated and I agree. Thanks for all the info, updates, and pics. :sohappy:

Jose Eber

Original Poster
Yah, I'm sorry to say my schedule and a WDW attraction's opening have coincided but this once. Something like this probably won't ever happen again. Probably.

I don't know what Peter does, but MKT is going back to work (for how long, we never know lol), WDWScottieBoy is BOOKED...I've still got some spare time. There's still a little stalkeratzi left in me when it comes to this attraction. ;)

There's also one goal I have left in regards to documenting this ride, and it might be kinda fun, I want it to be LEGAL and killa...but for now, yah, things are winding down with me spare time wise.

Soon, I'll be out of here :(

J.

Jose Eber

Original Poster
OH my, he was telling me his schedule --- YIKES! I NEVER would have pulled that stuff off in college.

I joke with him every so often...I go "work? What? you have to what?" He hates me for it.

But he can always come to my dojo (the house of lazyness) and learn from this sensei.

J.

Hakunamatata

Le Meh
Premium Member
Jose Eber said:
OH my, he was telling me his schedule --- YIKES! I NEVER would have pulled that stuff off in college.

I joke with him every so often...I go "work? What? you have to what?" He hates me for it.

But he can always come to my dojo (the house of lazyness) and learn from this sensei.

J.
:lol:

If anyone can pull it all off, he can.

peter11435

The_CEO said:
Thanks Peter! Try and sneak around the people checking for badges.. ;) :lol:
Well, I just got back (I live about 10 minutes from the park). They were letting WDI and family in to ride the attraction. There were a ton of people with WDI team jackets. I saw people with M:S, DLP, DCA, LMAX, MP, etc. I will be heading back first thing in the morning if it is not too cold.

peter11435

Jose Eber said:
Peter -- did you happen to talk to anyone sitting on a bench this morning (trying to figure out if I saw you)?
Nope. I spent most of my time near the garbage can infront of the main entrance.

Mallen19

Can't believe my luck coming all the way over from the UK to be in Disney when the previews are on. Here's hoping my ".. but I've flown all the way from the UK for this ..." sob story works, as I've no AP or DVC membership.

Its weird really last time we went there in the summer it was a shell and now its ready. Even though I'm 6,000 miles away this thread has made me feel I'm there.
Thanks to everyone for the stories and pictures etc. :sohappy:

Jose Eber

Original Poster
^ You don't think its worth getting the cheapest annual pass instead of park tickets?

1400th post -- this thread is as insane as I am.

J.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom