EE Update Feature

Jose Eber

Original Poster
Also, I was able to see a special page on the details of the attraction.

I remember a little controversy before about track length -- 4424 feet is the exact number according to this fact sheet. The attraction area is 6.2 acres and the mountain is 'just under 1 acre'.

There were SOOO many more details, but good old (name withheld) snapped it up fairly quickly. GRRR.

That stuff better be on the site Monday. Also, this (name withheld) had ridden the attraction.

In his words "awesome, awesome, awesome". And he doesn't normally like intense rides -- even Splash is too much for him that steep drop.
So... there you have it.

J.

EpcotServo

Jose Eber said:
I was there all day till about 2:45.

There was no official word up until that time about DAK only cast previews. Most were saying Tuesday/Wednesday. If the announcment is official that's been posted on a diff. thread -- they might have DAK testing starting Tuesday (Mondays are very busy at AK, like a weekend).

The section which has been cut in half for viewing into the area -- 1/3 of it was removed (2 panes) and ropped off by 3 ropes like Peter said. Its the area by the umbrella. 1 pane was sort of bent backwards to hide some of the supports for the wall.

Tomorrow they will remove a section by the fast pass area and keep one fast pass on for the Imagineer and Family party to be held after park close (are you invited?)

I have one contact there that will post whether or not they did any public testing at the end of today.
:confused: When is the Imagineering family night by the way?

Jose Eber

Original Poster
peter11435 said:
I was there until 3:45 and they were not doing any public testing when I left.

Well parade time would be a good time to pull people aside (4 pm).

Let's cross our fingers it didn't happen.

Jose Eber

Original Poster
EpcotServo said:
Public testing the end of today? :confused: When is the Imagineering family night by the way?

Tomorrow.

I was told by many cast members there would be no testing today. BUT again, they aren't in charge. Lakersfan and I waited all day yesterday and today just in case they were wrong.

I don't think there is any chance of testing over the weekends and monday because those tend to be busy days. Testing is usually done on dryer days so there isn't a swarm of people rushing the gates lol.

J.

Jose Eber

Original Poster
Sorry, forgot this funny little tidbit I heard today:

Because of all the loose hairs from the yeti some cast member has made a wig. He says anyone who cleans up the hair (each day this is done) has to wear it.

lol

J.

EpcotServo

Jose Eber said:
Sorry, forgot this funny little tidbit I heard today:

Because of all the loose hairs from the yeti some cast member has made a wig. He says anyone who cleans up the hair (each day this is done) has to wear it.

lol

J.
:lol: rofl

Centrifugeer

Jose Eber said:
Tomorrow they will remove a section by the fast pass area and keep one fast pass on for the Imagineer and Family party to be held after park close (are you invited?)
The Imagineering preview is being held this afternoon (from 3 to 5) during park hours.

peter11435

I just got back and they were doing contractor previews (or so they said). They were letting people in all morning that had some type of special pass. Unfortunatly I did not get to ride.

Jose Eber

Original Poster
The waterfall was not working, and there was no imaginnering thing this morning, just a contractor preview. It took a while to get the preview working the ride wasn't operational for a while.

You needed a special card (it had your name on it, or the contractor you were associated with) and it was firm plastic in consistency.

I guess the imagineering thing is this afternoon?

There are a few new things: 'telescopes'.

Pictures to follow.
Also, before I get. Yesterday Al Weiss rode it, he liked it so much he rode it 3 x.

A lot of positive responses from the testers today (that's really nice having contractors first to test the ride!)

J.

EDIT: I hear conflicting info about how many cars there are (go figure, I ask cast members). 5, 6? Who knows.

Double EDIT: Merchandise shop was open -- I saw a cute baby Yeti binocular.

Jose Eber

Original Poster
Well, there might be something big coming up on the horizon, and I've got a long break between my last task and the next -- sooo...;) ?

I assure you, I've got 'things' to keep me busy around April.

J.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom