EE Update Feature

Kitsune

Hey mkt,i can relate.That is why I left abruptly.

nice meeting you guys,today.and thanks again for the lift,mkt.
we should hang out again sometime.

1st post in a long,long time.

Kitsune

1/19/06
Trackside for Expedition Everest™ Thrills!
Never-before-seen footage of Disney's exciting new Expedition Everest™, featuring on-site commentary by Walt Disney Imagineer Joe Rohde. See the awesome intensity of the high-speed Himalayan train trek, and glimpses of theYeti lurking within, in this special video podcast.
Coming Soon!"

some of the things to expect from the wdw Podcast and disneyeverest.com on the 19th.just a heads up.

sillyspook13

The yeti takes a break from the tedious job of terrorizing the masses, as drawn in my sightsinging notes...

yetini.jpg

EpcotServo

Well I just now was able to get out to DAK. I was amazed! This was the first time I had seen more than 1 train on the track, and I got to see the steam effect at load! Too awesome! (this snow effect I've heard about must have not been working) And I got one of those great cards!:D (Oh, and If any CM is going to PC they are selling Yeti hats.:animwink: Like the stitch hat, but yeti!:D Had to get one. :king: )

Brent

Yes pic PLEASE! I was there the 11th & could not find one dang EE thing. I was looking sooo hard so can someone remind me where I didn't look so I know what to feel bad about. Also may I add I watched them paint the hight sign out front on the 11th(nothing like watching paint dry) & them re hanging the banner.

Brent

MKT just saw your pics from 11th which means I saw you. Thanks for getting all those pics for us since I forgot my cam. & I won't beg too much for cards but PLEASE I NEED SOME!!!!!(this is what I get for listening to my friend whine about watching someone paint a sign...I MISS GETTING EE CARDS!!!)(*beep "beep" "beep" stupid idoit*)

Jose Eber

Original Poster
We've GOT to find a way to get those cards out to some of you.

They hand these things out like nobody's business.

J.

p.s. some news: they actually have 6 trains now! one for parts, one spare and 4 running.

silly spook13; hilarious pic!

Kitsune: it was great to hang out, and thanks for the headsup on that video Podcast! (Thank goodness its a video podcast)!

Brent: Kitsune informed us there is a bit of everest/yeti merchandise out, I forgot where (I remember him saying where) but its out there.

WDWScottieboy: might not make it to MGM today -- driving a friend to the airport I think today.

J.

Jose Eber

Original Poster
I was bad and asked Rob to take photos while on Kali! oops!

But he caught a good pic of a camera (the reflective part).

J.

dsc00265_std.jpg

dsc00268_std.jpg

Smoke out of back of train

The backside of EE!

dsc00288_std.jpg

EpcotServo

http://photoalbums.wdwmagic.com/showphoto.php?photo=18112&cat=500&ppuser=29198
There ya go, per yer requests. Isn't that great? LOL can't wait to get my E:E ride photo wearing that. :lol: This and any Everest stuff is NOT at Animal kingdom. Cast Members can find it at PC. If you're a CM who knows what PC is, then I don't need to say more.If you're not a Cast Member, you can find some nice Everest shirts at the Prime Outlets Disney outlet by Universal. (I'm sure there is still a few, I cleaned them out of 1 design though.) The Everest shirts there are usually buried beneath other shirts. (I found them on the Winter Blowout rack) But really, there's no need to worry. The stuff will be out soon enough. :) If all the E:E stuff I have now is like the others, this is going to be a great shop! :D

mkt

Disney's Favorite Scumbag™
Premium Member
I finally got around to scanning the Yeti cards

Attachments

• everestcard1.jpg
    everestcard1.jpg
    64.9 KB · Views: 57
  • everestcard2.jpg
    everestcard2.jpg
    72.3 KB · Views: 52

peter11435

Just back from AK. Trains were running empty. Everything looks great. I did not have my camera with me but they have begun to clear trees on the side of the river around Everest on the Tarzan side. You can now see the Boat warehouse that’s behind Tarzan clearly from the Everest bridge. I am assuming this has something to do with the upcoming work at the Theater in the Wild. I got a couple of the new cards and they look great. Also a section (maybe 10 feet) of the short construction wall has been removed. It is now just roped off. Makes me think they will be running previews soon.

EpcotServo

peter11435 said:
Just back from AK. Trains were running empty. Everything looks great. I did not have my camera with me but they have begun to clear trees on the side of the river around Everest on the Tarzan side. You can now see the Boat warehouse that’s behind Tarzan clearly from the Everest bridge. I am assuming this has something to do with the upcoming work at the Theater in the Wild. I got a couple of the new cards and they look great. Also a section (maybe 10 feet) of the short construction wall has been removed. It is now just roped off. Makes me think they will be running previews soon.
Cool! Which part of the wall was down? by the bridge or by the village? That does sound like it's getting ready for previews. I do believe that this upcoming week will be a good one!

Brent

Walls down hmmm looks like I left FL at a bad time.lol Oh well Thanks mkt for the scan of the card I look forword to getting one from you. Thanks again
PS Yeti hat looks cool

peter11435

EpcotServo said:
Cool! Which part of the wall was down? by the bridge or by the village? That does sound like it's getting ready for previews. I do believe that this upcoming week will be a good one!
Its near the village. It was right behind the little stand they have there for the CM outside.

EpcotServo

peter11435 said:
Its near the village. It was right behind the little stand they have there for the CM outside.
Yea, that sounds like the perfect spot for letting people in and out.:D EDIT: For those of you who aren't aware yet, CM previews will be on the 20th-23rd. More info on another thread.

Jose Eber

Original Poster
I was there all day till about 2:45.

There was no official word up until that time about DAK only cast previews. Most were saying Tuesday/Wednesday. If the announcment is official that's been posted on a diff. thread -- they might have DAK testing starting Tuesday (Mondays are very busy at AK, like a weekend).

The section which has been cut in half for viewing into the area -- 1/3 of it was removed (2 panes) and ropped off by 3 ropes like Peter said. Its the area by the umbrella. 1 pane was sort of bent backwards to hide some of the supports for the wall.

Tomorrow they will remove a section by the fast pass area and keep one fast pass on for the Imagineer and Family party to be held after park close (are you invited?)

I have one contact there that will post whether or not they did any public testing at the end of today.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom