EE Update Feature

missionspace

Jose Eber said:
^ sung: "You are on my ignore list! I can't see what your saying!"

It rained all day today -- so, had extra time.

Track layout is really rough -- not too accurate. Red is the track to the train barn, green is stuff we all ride (come Spring 2006).

More stuff:

track_124.jpg

Is that water buy the main lift? Was it just flooded during the construction or is it part of the ride! From the pictures is looks like the train goes through the water?
THANKS!!

Number_6

WDWFantasmic said:
Well, if you don't want me asking questions, then I won't.:) But can you just answer one last question regarding the length? Scottie claims Joe Rhode (sp?) told him the official length is 5437 ft but then Corrus says it's 4400. Who is right? I'm new so I don't know who are the trustworthy ones.

It's not the size of the track that's important, it's the Magic behind it that counts.

LSUxStitch

missionspace said:
Is that water buy the main lift? Was it just flooded during the construction or is it part of the ride! From the pictures is looks like the train goes through the water?
THANKS!!

It looks to be a shadow...but I could be wrong.

WDWFantasmic

Jose Eber said:
^ sung: "You are on my ignore list! I can't see what your saying!"

It rained all day today -- so, had extra time.

Track layout is really rough -- not too accurate. Red is the track to the train barn, green is stuff we all ride (come Spring 2006).

More stuff:

Somebody please give Jose my deepest apologies and tell him to unblock me. I'm trying my best to get on people's good lists.:xmas:

Centrifugeer

Jose Eber said:
Its not actual steam (at least it didn't look like it). I could just see the headlines -- "Woman Sues Disney For Millions: Yeti Train Scalded me!"

It actually looked like its a very unique mix of fog and smoke affect. But that was a while ago.

Anywho, things like that cost money (liquid smoke) -- I could see them turning it off and not really caring about that now.

I'm just curious as to how it works. Battery charged - every 4 minutes does it get a little 60 second recharge at the station? Is there just a pipe in the ground that feeds the smoke to it?

More things to look out for,

Jose

EDIT: Thanks to whomever made SOMEONE disappear on this board for me -- I've been looking for the 'ignore' button for a while and can't find it. Last week they magically disappeared! Thanks.
Believe it or not, it actually is steam. It comes up through the smokestack and the sides of the loco once the train is loaded and just before it starts moving. Nobody is actually in that area to be affected by the steam (or at least nobody should be since they'd have to be standing at the edge of the track in just the right spot), though if the wind is blowing the right direction and strong, those in the queue may feel a little mist from it. It would be cooled at that point though and on a hot summer day could provide a bit of brief relief.

I won't divulge how it's done. Some of the sharp-eyed folks in here will probably pick up on that. Here's a hint though: Look across the tracks near where the loco is stopped during loading. Something that looks like a prop is actually functional. :)

Jose Eber

Original Poster
^Huh. Do they add a chemical to the steam to give it a bit of mass or something? Because although it really looked like steam, something was different. Its like there was a real density about it -- this wasn't your average tea kettle action (or maybe it was -- it was a long time ago they tested that).

At the other side of the track you can see large metal barrels. Ahh, so my ol' hole in the ground theory was right -- steam is fed into the rear of the train once it stops?

Anywho -- someone was talking about the que? The que has been in a nearly completed state for a long time. Its actually been the mountain interior that's needed more work apparently. . . Go to the wall, and you can look into the que.

I imagine with new batches of trainers getting their feet wet we are going to see more inside info over the coming weeks.

Cool.

J.

CaptainMichael

Jose Eber said:
Someone was talking about the train going through the water -- I assume its just a deep shadow on the ground.
I have never heard a whisper of water being involved, except for the waterfalls of course. I guess they just got confused with Matterhorn.

BwanaBob

HEY!

It's only a little over a 16 hour wait for stand-by!

Rob!... I'll meet you at the queue in about an hour with my camping gear!

(and if anyone has a fast-pass between 9-10, I'll pay you dearly for it.)

mkt

Disney's Favorite Scumbag™
Premium Member
BwanaBob said:
HEY!

It's only a little over a 16 hour wait for stand-by!

Rob!... I'll meet you at the queue in about an hour with my camping gear!

(and if anyone has a fast-pass between 9-10, I'll pay you dearly for it.)
LOL! OK Then!

I'm taking a laptop and my cellphone's data cable. Do a live trip report :lol:

maybe set up a webcam.

If we start waiting now, we'll be on it by park close tomorrow!

Jose Eber

Original Poster
STR8FAN2005 said:
I have never heard a whisper of water being involved, except for the waterfalls of course. I guess they just got confused with Matterhorn.

Its really just the shadow of the temple/mountain (minor mountain) and the shadow of the large mountain.

WDWScottieBoy

Since I probably won't be able to go on it before I leave home on Sunday...expect something BIG as soon as I get back down here to Orlando! :wave:

mkt

Disney's Favorite Scumbag™
Premium Member
WDWScottieBoy said:
Since I probably won't be able to go on it before I leave home on Sunday...expect something BIG as soon as I get back down here to Orlando! :wave:
have you been able to make arrangements to ride it yet?

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom