ee behind the scene pics

bhickman

peter11435 said:
It's actually very accurate in layout except there are two helixes in the back. The only other flaw is its speed and timeing. But other that that it is perfect.
Not sure if you meant it this way but... :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

Thanks, Bill

bhickman

peter11435 said:
???
Originally Posted by peter11435
It's actually very accurate in layout except there are two helixes in the back. The only other flaw is its speed and timeing. But other that that it is perfect.
You pointed out the 2 helixes, speed and timing all as flaws and then finished with "But other that that it is perfect". Was sure if you meant it sacastically but it kinda came out that way.... thought it was funny...

peter11435

bhickman said:
You pointed out the 2 helixes, speed and timing all as flaws and then finished with "But other that that it is perfect". Was sure if you meant it sacastically but it kinda came out that way.... thought it was funny...
Ahh I see. Well that isn't how I meant it. The diagram is very accurate. It would be impossible to get the seped and timing right on a diagram such as that one. So the only thing thats really wrong with his diagram is that he only has one helix in the back instead of two. However he is making a new one to correct this problem.

CaptainMichael

peter11435 said:
The rear of the show building is well over 100 feet. They will not be able to block that with foliage. They will most likely make no attempt to hide the backside of the mountain as it is not visible from within the park.
I have to disagree. They may attempt to camoflauge it with paint.

peter11435

STR8FAN2005 said:
I have to disagree. They may attempt to camoflauge it with paint.
I said "most likely," so anything is possible. However I stand by my original statement. After all the back side of the mountain has already been painted "backstage beige."

CaptainMichael

peter11435 said:
I said "most likely," so anything is possible. However I stand by my original statement. After all the back side of the mountain has already been painted "backstage beige."
Well, I'm trusting Joe Rhode to have this thing done right. A few coats of mountain paint wouldn't hurt anything!

peter11435

STR8FAN2005 said:
Well, I'm trusting Joe Rhode to have this thing done right. A few coats of mountain paint wouldn't hurt anything!
All Im saying is don't be upset if it stays the way it is. Right now it looks exactly like the backside of most Disney buildings and has even been painted the right color already. I don't really think even Joe cares what you can say 1.5 miles a way at BB.

CTXRover

peter11435 said:
All Im saying is don't be upset if it stays the way it is. Right now it looks exactly like the backside of most Disney buildings and has even been painted the right color already. I don't really think even Joe cares what you can say 1.5 miles a way at BB.

I agree, I don't think the backstage walls are going to change from their beige color. I haven't had the chance to see it from the top of Blizzard since they've added the wall, but I imagine its noticeable, but not as much as photos with digital zooms have been showing. You will probably be able to tell its a wall from that distance, but most people probably won't give it a second thought. Everest is built very much the same way Splash was built.

However, a little theatrical painting of that wall could easily make it look like 3 dimensional rock work from a distance, but I don't know if the time and money is really necessary so that Everest looks good from Blizzard (that wall can't really be seen anywhere else, although from certain angles in AK's parking lot, you can notice it....but again, if you aren't looking for it, most guests probably won't think twice about it)

Tom

Beta Return
CTXRover said:
To answer some of your questions:

The top peak is 199 feet tall.
Maximum height of track is about 120feet
Maximum drop is 80 feet.
Top speeds around 50mph

One of these threads has a nice fan-made schematic of the track layout. Not sure which one though. Basically, the train will leave the station, turn right and go up a small lift hill. After this first lift, it will go underneath the rock formation the temple sits on and loop around amongst bamboo and other trees before hitting the main lift. The train will ascend up to the main lift, through the temple that will display "higher artistic" paintings of the Yeti. The train will eventually reach the main mountain and take a banked turn inside an icy cavern to the left and up another small hill. During this time, the track switches behind the train and the train then falls backwards into a dark tunnel of the mountain. It will go through a helix (this is NOT synonomous with a loop) and up another hill. After the track switches again, the train will resume forward motion, and drop down the 80 ft lift. The rest of the layout is iffy but involves going in and out the mountain through the back, through two outside helices (again, not a loop) and eventually glide past the 15ft-20ft Yeti AA inside the main show building that is part of the mountain's back. During the whole attraction, the Yeti is "present" in some form ( from the primitive artwork seen in the queue, to the higher scale artwork seen in the temple, to hearing sounds, seeing evidence of track damage, etc.) but you won't actually see him/her/it until near the end of the ride.

As for the standby/FP signs, I don't see the problem. They are pretty similar to the signs seen at Kali if I remember right. It looks more authentic without them, but folks have to know where to enter the ride :)

Wow - great description of the ride. By reading that and looking at all the photos on wdwmagic, I felt like I had already experienced the ride!

As for theming the "warehouse" part of the ride building, I predict they will do something to help hide it. If you look at photos of the backstage side of Splash, you can see that they put a little bit of rock theming along the roof line of some of the "warehouse" in the back. This was mostly to hide those parts from remote areas of the park, since MK backstage can't really be seen from any public areas of property. However, if EE is really visible from resorts, I predict they will do something to it, unless it really just isn't as much of an eyesore as we think.

peter11435

edwardtc said:
Wow - great description of the ride. By reading that and looking at all the photos on wdwmagic, I felt like I had already experienced the ride!

As for theming the "warehouse" part of the ride building, I predict they will do something to help hide it. If you look at photos of the backstage side of Splash, you can see that they put a little bit of rock theming along the roof line of some of the "warehouse" in the back. This was mostly to hide those parts from remote areas of the park, since MK backstage can't really be seen from any public areas of property. However, if EE is really visible from resorts, I predict they will do something to it, unless it really just isn't as much of an eyesore as we think.
The rock work along the roof line of the splash building is only on the side that faces the park becuase you can see it from the park. No part of the Everest wall can be seen from inside the park.

Tom

Beta Return
peter11435 said:
The rock work along the roof line of the splash building is only on the side that faces the park becuase you can see it from the park. No part of the Everest wall can be seen from inside the park.

Yeah, I understand that, and actually led to that in my post. I know that the backside of EE can't be seen from inside the park, so they probably won't theme for that reason. But now that I think of it, as you drive along Beuna Vista Drive, you can often see the backs of the World Showcase buildings through and over the trees. I guess they may stick to that standard and just try to hide EE as best as possible, but realize the theming goes away once you're outside the park.

Edit: 1,000th post! :sohappy:

pbc

It's hard to compare, though; the World Showcase buildings aren't recognized as such from the Drive, and Splash Mountain's show building isn't visible from anywhere on property as it's far in the back of the Magic Kingdom. Everest is different because the wall is visible from property (ie Blizzard Beach), and it can be recognized as Everest as some of the mountain peaks are visible behind the wall.

peter11435

You can see the Italy tower, the Eiffel tower, and themed parts of the AA from the road. These features clearly identify them as the world showcase countries they are and they have made no attempt to hide the fact that their backstage areas are simply walls.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom